NEW!! Water Inlet / Outlet fittings for ALL DOHC heads

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not likely since the thermostat is housed in the lower hose (not the upper), but we never say never, I will run it past the design guys.

MMR

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Well right, but there's some nice clutter to be cleaned up when you relocate it to the upper hose and do away with the bypass hose...

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
That would be superd!! Or also a "T" that would replace the thermostat housing that would have the proper sized 1.25" or 1.5" inlet/outlet for the main lower hoses and a smaller 3/4" connection for the expansion tank connection. Just throwing it out there since it's more of a custom/one-off thing now...

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Agreed, we are talking about making something now :beer:

I could definately use something!!!! right now i am trying to figure out how to mate the rubber house coming from my thermostat housing to the NPT fittings on the MMR billet plate that replaces the oil cooler so i can get my motor dropped back into my car and not worry about leaks.

Blwn02

Established Member
im new to the 4v world and got a question. Ive got an 02gt that im swapping a 03 cobra longblock into with a single turbo setup....how would these kits benefit me? thanks...any explanation would be appreciated. thanks

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm not a big fan of this water outlet. The stock location puts it closer to the exhaust valves where you want to draw the water from increasing the flow to cool where it's needed most, especially on a turbo. The outlet on the top will encourage pulling coolant from the intake valve area where it doesn't need it and short changes the exhaust side.

smaknu9

ZEUS!!!!
Established Member
I'm not a big fan of this water outlet. The stock location puts it closer to the exhaust valves where you want to draw the water from increasing the flow to cool where it's needed most, especially on a turbo. The outlet on the top will encourage pulling coolant from the intake valve area where it doesn't need it and short changes the exhaust side.

((Need to hear more on this ))) Pro's Con's etc [email protected]

SlowSVT

Established Member
((Need to hear more on this ))) Pro's Con's etc [email protected]

Maybe I didn’t do a good job describing what I was getting at.

Remove the factory water outlet plug on the back of the head and you can literally see the water jacket surrounding the rear exhaust ports.

Yank the freeze plug out of the intake manifold flange and you will be looking at the water jacket surrounding the rear intake ports.

Then ask yourself: Where do I need the most cooling and what is the shortest most direct path the coolant will take?

I will take pics and post them later today and you can reach your own conclusion.

STERLING351

The Chuppacabra
Established Member
Maybe I didn’t do a good job describing what I was getting at.

Remove the factory water outlet plug on the back of the head and you can literally see the water jacket surrounding the rear exhaust ports.

Yank the freeze plug out of the intake manifold flange and you will be looking at the water jacket surrounding the rear intake ports.

Then ask yourself: Where do I need the most cooling and what is the shortest most direct path the coolant will take?

I will take pics and post them later today and you can reach your own conclusion.

Yeah i have heard this is best, they use the passenger side head for the heater right? Doesnt MMR make a kit for this too?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Excellent. Any chance of a setup with an inline thermostat too?

That would be superd!! Or also a "T" that would replace the thermostat housing that would have the proper sized 1.25" or 1.5" inlet/outlet for the main lower hoses and a smaller 3/4" connection for the expansion tank connection. Just throwing it out there since it's more of a custom/one-off thing now...
Here you go :beer:
Meziere WN0072 Meziere Inline Thermostat Housings

I could definately use something!!!! right now i am trying to figure out how to mate the rubber house coming from my thermostat housing to the NPT fittings on the MMR billet plate that replaces the oil cooler so i can get my motor dropped back into my car and not worry about leaks.
Here u go. :beer:
JEGS Performance Products 53086 JEGS AN to Radiator Hose Adapter Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread