New Wheels and 325 Rear Tires..Lowered..Pics....

wallywagon

Established Member
So 325 is probably the limit without fender rolling. Interesting.

That'd be a great deal more traction than the stock 285'ers. I was going to look into that when I started Griggs'ing up my car.

Don't forget that the offset is a key player here...If he's found an offset the works in hard corners on lowered cars then I'm sold!

enormous

Established Member
Looks good. I would say 325 is the limit IMO. I run 315's Nitto's and that is a lot of meat back there...Lol I can only imagine what a 325 looks like....get a full on "rear" shot !

I do not mean to hyjack, my appologies. Here is a full on rear shot of the Dunlop 325 on my car.

Picture019.jpg

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
So 325 is probably the limit without fender rolling. Interesting.

That'd be a great deal more traction than the stock 285'ers. I was going to look into that when I started Griggs'ing up my car.

325 is about the max you want to run without doing major modifications.
I'm pretty sure you cant roll the inner fenders as well.

325s help but still wont hook with VMP TVS.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
My car came with the fenders rolled.

As far as traction, i have 305 555R's on my stock wheels, and they hook way better than these 325's.

574936_324345694346474_173546412_n.jpg

430799_324345551013155_1914699961_n.jpg

377841_324345434346500_1959797537_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth

Established Member
As far as traction, i have 555R's on my stock wheels, and they hook way better than these 325's.

This is good to know, being that I have a set of 555R's going on the car next week.
They are at the house now, just waiting until after the holidays.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Well 555r are DR's so I would hope they grip better than a road tire. Compound makes the difference there, not width.

DutyCalls

Established Member
Car looks good...I have the same tires ( but 255 front) on mine with forgestar F14s and ford racing springs

DSCN7701.jpg

I also have a ford racing TVS...and I find the tires hook pretty good after being warmed up for about 20 minutes

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
DutyCalls, Do you have any pics that show if the tires stick out past the fenders? Do your tires stick past the fenders at all? Any rubbing issues?

DutyCalls

Established Member
DutyCalls, Do you have any pics that show if the tires stick out past the fenders? Do your tires stick past the fenders at all? Any rubbing issues?

I tried to get some, but yes...they stuck out about 3/16th, but I havent hit anything yet.

DSCN7729.jpg

i havent taken my bumpstops off....I put the wheels on myself at home and if you do it 1 wheel at a time, they dont contact the bumpstop

mustang loco

Established Member
I just installed new wheels and tires, and lowered the car....I really like the way it turned out.....

ADV1 (ADV10 TS) 20x9.5 and 20x11
Front Tires: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT 275/35
Rear Tires : Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 325/30
Eibach Pro Springs

382093_322282537886123_132183042_n.jpg

Car looks great corey,great stance as well!!

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
i havent taken my bumpstops off....I put the wheels on myself at home and if you do it 1 wheel at a time, they dont contact the bumpstop

Please explain this further.

How wide are your wheels? What is the off set?

After i put the wheels on the car, i jacked the body of the car up. I wanted to make sure that the "bump stop bracket" wouldnt contact the wheel when the axle drooped. I didnt actually let it touch, but it looked like it was immanent, so i romoved them. Removing them took away the actual bump stop's landing pad. Im waiting on the bump stop relocation kit to come in to remedy that.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

After i put the wheels on the car, i jacked the body of the car up. I wanted to make sure that the "bump stop bracket" wouldnt contact the wheel when the axle drooped. I didnt actually let it touch, but it looked like it was immanent, so i romoved them. Removing them took away the actual bump stop's landing pad. Im waiting on the bump stop relocation kit to come in to remedy that.

My wheels would hit those brackets too if I jack my car up on a two post lift, but my wheels don't drop out that far when driving so I didn't feel I wanted to cut them out when it was not needed. When I jack my car up, I will be sure to support the rear axle, remove the rear wheels/tires and then elevate the car the rest of the way and let the axle hang as it normally would.

Under any "normal driving" even up my incline driveway when the body/suspension gets in a twist, I have no bracket contact with my 12" Alcoa's.

To touch the brackets it would take a wheel drop of this much (shown below). I haven't experienced a situation where one, or both of my rear wheels drop out this far when driving........

003-2.jpg

^^^In the picture above, the body is supported and the 12" Alcoa's are resting on the brackets. That is quite a drop out for any "normal" driving.

R

DutyCalls

Established Member

My wheels would hit those brackets too if I jack my car up on a two post lift, but my wheels don't drop out that far when driving so I didn't feel I wanted to cut them out when it was not needed. When I jack my car up, I will be sure to support the rear axle, remove the rear wheels/tires and then elevate the car the rest of the way and let the axle hang as it normally would.

Under any "normal driving" even up my incline driveway when the body/suspension gets in a twist, I have no bracket contact with my 12" Alcoa's.

To touch the brackets it would take a wheel drop of this much (shown below). I haven't experienced a situation where one, or both of my rear wheels drop out this far when driving........

^^^In the picture above, the body is supported and the 12" Alcoa's are resting on the brackets. That is quite a drop out for any "normal" driving.

R

Pretty much what Robert said....I jacked up my rear end close to each control arm and change the wheels 1 at a time.

my rears are 20x11 like yours, but I do not know the offset

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
Pretty much what Robert said....I jacked up my rear end close to each control arm and change the wheels 1 at a time.

my rears are 20x11 like yours, but I do not know the offset

I totally understand what you and robert are saying. I removed the brackets becuase it was possible they would contact the wheels. I didnt want to take a chance.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
If you have very wide rims, just make sure you put the stockers back on if the car goes in for service that requires removal of the wheels on a lift. The last thing you want is some mechanic tightening up your widened wheels against that big bracket with the rear end hanging on a lift. That's a good way to have your wheels bent or damaged. Those with taller wheels like 20's are less likely to hit that bracket during "normal" driving. My widened 18" stockers actually hit a few times while driving.

BTW, that looks badass Corey.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
If you have very wide rims, just make sure you put the stockers back on if the car goes in for service that requires removal of the wheels on a lift. The last thing you want is some mechanic tightening up your widened wheels against that big bracket with the rear end hanging on a lift. That's a good way to have your wheels bent or damaged. Those with taller wheels like 20's are less likely to hit that bracket during "normal" driving. My widened 18" stockers actually hit a few times while driving.

BTW, that looks badass Corey.

^^^^^That too!

Yes, it will take special attention/knowledge about rear wheel removal and installation for the wider wheels and bumpstops in place. Good idea about the stockers for service visits. :thumbsup:

R

Users who are viewing this thread