New X-pipe and Tune Installed on my 2011 GT

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I took the car to the shop this morning and got my new Lethal Performance 3" X-pipe put on and downloaded my new tune. The car has a nice tone to it even though it still has the stock catback. Lethal Performance has a sound clip of what it sounds like on their 2011 GT on their website.

The car feels much more throttle responsive and definitely pulls harder!! I also discovered on the drive home that I have the dreaded 'clutch pedal sticks to the floor' problem. :( I will have to address that this weekend.

Below is a picture of the stock cated H-pipe and the Lethal Performance 3" off road X-pipe.

DSCF1015.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Wow, they really stepped down the tube diameter in the stock H-pipe. Looks like this mod will be on my list now too :)

Thanks for sharing!

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Got any pic's of the chin spoiler and where you got it and how much? Remove you helper spring on your clutch peddle see the how to thread you'll love it.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Wow, they really stepped down the tube diameter in the stock H-pipe. Looks like this mod will be on my list now too :)

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome :beer:

Yes, it does step down quite a bit after the converters. Lethal Performance is saying about a 14HP gain with this X-pipe.

very nice

Got any pic's of the chin spoiler and where you got it and how much? Remove you helper spring on your clutch peddle see the how to thread you'll love it.

I got the chin spoiler from American Muscle. It was $225 with my SVTP discount. I saw that thread earlier today and will try to do that mod over the weekend! Thanks :beer:

Below are some pics of my car with the CDC chin spoiler and other mods from a thread I started in 'Pics and Video Buffet'.

CIMG1620.jpg

CIMG1619.jpg

CIMG1618.jpg

CIMG1617.jpg

CIMG1616.jpg

CIMG1615.jpg

CIMG1614.jpg

CIMG1613.jpg

CIMG1612.jpg

CIMG1611.jpg

CIMG1610.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

kyoshosp2

Established Member
yep also doing my X pipe that cam in and magna flow axle back ... tube and JLT,,, i lowerd it on motorsport springs and ride is great.. waiting on wheels, wish there were more grabbers with wheels so i can see what they look like.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
yep also doing my X pipe that cam in and magna flow axle back ... tube and JLT,,, i lowerd it on motorsport springs and ride is great.. waiting on wheels, wish there were more grabbers with wheels so i can see what they look like.

Which Magnaflow axleback did you get? I'm on the 'waiting' list for a JLT cold air kit.

I'm most likely going to wait till time to buy tires before I think about getting wheels, by then there should be plenty of choices and pics of Grabber Blue's for reference.

Did you get your GT500 steering wheel put in your car?

cobra1718

Established Member
its kinda funny that the gt500 folks that own an 07-09 want a Hpipe and the 2011 GT folks want a xpipe. Oh btw the I just purchased a 2011 GT to be delivered Monday and I had a 08 Shelby. I will stay with the hpipe because it has a lower tone where as the xpipe has the raspy sound:dw:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
its kinda funny that the gt500 folks that own an 07-09 want a Hpipe and the 2011 GT folks want a xpipe. Oh btw the I just purchased a 2011 GT to be delivered Monday and I had a 08 Shelby. I will stay with the hpipe because it has a lower tone where as the xpipe has the raspy sound:dw:

Robbie, long time no hear from! I'm the guy that was next in line to buy your CO Cobra coupe when you sold it.

What color 2011 did you get and what options? I think you will really like it! I like mine more and more each time I drive it!! :D

(chanting) 3'' offroad h pipe, 3''offroad h pipe

LOL

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
the cdc chin really adds alot to the car. did you add the flat black to the hood?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
they are a nice subtle touch that makes the hood lines pop

The stock hood almost has a factory cowl style to it, but from the side it kind of just blends in IMO. I thought the matte black stripes makes you notice it better and breaks up all the Grabber Blue on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread