new z06...should we worry?

hj16

Established Member
That car will lay a serious ass whooping on the average bolt on 450-500rwhp Cobra. Its gonna take a Ported Eaton with spray, built motor, or aftermarket FI for us to whoop on it

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Who cares, there is always something faster. They'll be everywhere before too long, just like the C5s. I like my Cobra just the way it is.

beabout

Established Member
Face it people the new Z06 is going to be one bad a$$ car. Maybe, if all holds true, the new Z06 will motivate SVT to do some serious work on the next Cobra (or whatever they are going to call it) given the 197 platform.
One can only hope....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe we will get luck, and the engine will be crap and will fall apart. Like you said..it is still a chebby.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Maybe we will get luck, and the engine will be crap and will fall apart. Like you said..it is still a chebby.

When has the LS1/6 been known for failure or any Chevy motor for that matter? Enlighten me please! :??: I recall these motors (32V 4.6L SC) has wayyy more problems than the LS1 ever encountered!

Last edited:

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
I see a weak link!

Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons w11:1 compression.

Sounds like this engine is done! Not much else you can do with a blower etc without pulling those high compression pistons. So much was done to strengthen the bottom end in an aluminum block and then they use those quiet pistons (no slap until warm like ours) that should be forged!

Titanium Rods, holy smokes those used to only be in Ferraris, talk about reducing rotating mass!

All we need is a forged bottom end on a 5.4 ltr motor with 32valves and a good whipple or kenne bell, then we can hand this car it's ass. Will be cheaper too! Read MMFF article on the twin turbo cobra motor. This maybe what we will need, close to 800 hp to really hurt the ZO6 with our weight disadvantage.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
capello said:
Face it people the new Z06 is going to be one bad a$$ car. Maybe, if all holds true, the new Z06 will motivate SVT to do some serious work on the next Cobra (or whatever they are going to call it) given the 197 platform.
One can only hope....

Let's hope so!

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Just my opinion here:

I do think that you should worry, if that is what you are asking. I mean 430 rwhp in a car that weighs in at 3130 lbs (Worse case scenario) is going to do some real damage! That means an 03 Cobra with 480 rwhp might be even with it, and a 500 rwhp Cobra edging it out. But the Cobra will cost half, literally, so in the end, it is still a aweosme deal specially when you modify it!

If this thing comes out at 2900 lbs, its gonna be mind boggeling! Only time will tell.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I-CAN-STANG said:
When has the LS1/6 been known for failure or any Chevy motor for that matter? Enlighten me please! :??: I recall these motors (32V 4.6L SC) has wayyy more problems than the LS1 ever encountered!

It is called wishfull thinking....Geeez. no humour on here anymore.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
First off, they are only building 1,500. So we will not run into many. Most of us are modded, so they shouldnt be a problem from a 40-130 sprint. But if you dont have a KB or whipple, then here is your reason to get one. But why are you worried? Ford built the GT to handle this. Ford is not going to build the next Cobra because of what the Z06 has. Come on guys, we still have Mustangs.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
BAD 97 WS-6 said:
First off, they are only building 1,500. So we will not run into many. Most of us are modded, so they shouldnt be a problem from a 40-130 sprint. But if you dont have a KB or whipple, then here is your reason to get one. But why are you worried? Ford built the GT to handle this. Ford is not going to build the next Cobra because of what the Z06 has. Come on guys, we still have Mustangs.

Ford DID NOT build the GT to handle a corvette!!!

how can u justify a 140k car to compete with an average every day car such as a Z06 for around 55-65k.

Face it...the new Z06 will beat most 03/04 cobras and will beat the stock 07 Cobra when it comes out.

plus...the Z will have MUCH MUCH better handling and build quality!

i may be getting rid of the 04 cobra in 2007! or giving it to my younger brother. i need a new Z06 in red or yellow!

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Oh, and like I said in the other forum. The 7.0L Z's out there are not going to be production. I believe the 6.7L will be used

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
SO with that we can throw this whole thread in the garbage. Because all of the specs will be off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread