Newb From Georgia

Korican

Newb
Established Member
New member although I have been searching this site for info from time to time. I recently bought a 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra and it is my first Mustang let alone Ford vehicle.

I wasn't into domestics and less into any muscle cars growing up. Always had looked at them as heavy gas guzzling cars that were not not my style.

So when I could afford to buy a decent car I bought a import sport compact (2002 Honda Civic SI). I had been into imports for years learning about them before buying this car, and after buying this Civic SI I began to do as much work as I could on it with basic bolt-on modifications.

30637653-f9a5-028001E0-.jpg

30637656-f830-028001E0-.jpg

Then after a few years I upgraded to a more powerful import sports car (2004 Nissan 350Z) that I boosted with a single turbo kit and other related modifications.

NOPI2006261.jpg

Then I got into sport bikes, owning three of them (2001 Suzuki SV650S/2003 Honda CBR600RR/2007 Yamaha R6), and then a Harley (2010 Sportster Iron 883) with exchanging import sporty cars to bikes.

Picture002.jpg

Honda.jpg

These vehicles took my time throughout 13 years, then I got out of bikes and took the time to pay off some accumulated debts.

Again I was not into classic/muscle cars growing up, but a few years ago I started thinking that I was too old to get back into import sport cars and too afraid to get hurt now riding a bike again. So figured either upgrade to a BMW or Mercedes. With even thinking about Jaguars or maybe going retro with a nice classic/muscle car.

I was on the fence, then a good friend of mine bought himself a 1965 Ford Mustang fastback which got me into wanting a classic muscle car too.

So I started looking into Challengers, Chargers, GTX's, Road Runners, and Barracudas. Then I came across a Dodge Dart, really liked those and then found out about the Plymouth Dusters which I really liked. Also prices for Dart's/Duster's aren't too shabby either lol.

Did a lot of looking, and settled on a 1973 Duster that was originally blue with a slant 6. Though when I got it someone, somewhere, at some time repainted it then put a 318 V8 in her. I was really unimpressed with the lack of power and had various things that needed to be addressed. So I ended up agreeing to a modern Hemi swap into the Duster. It has been in a shop for almost two years. In those two years I have learned a lot about older cars and now regret going the direction with the Duster that i did but I guess live and learn.

With the long wait on the Duster I ended up finding and buying a 1970 Dodge Dart, and i enjoy driving it around at least once a week.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Picture050-1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

Then I was looking for a different daily driver and found a good deal on a 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra. I was never a Mustang fan for the typical Mustang stigmas that are out there. However the Cobra appealed to me with the IRS and hand built motor.

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

I have spent the past couple weeks fixing and changing some maintenance things with really enjoying how easy it is to work on this car. If I have known how easy it was to work on a Mustang I would have bought one many years ago haha.

This seems to be a great site and looking forward to being around!

Last edited:

Korican

Newb
Established Member
Who tuned the Z? Z1??

I had one back in probably 2012, 2004.5 Touring Coupe.

Actually not Z1... Back then I went to a dyno day Z1 was having and when talking to someone there about installing a Cusco 2 way LSD (I had a base Z with open diff) I was not impressed by how they were going to do the install and what it would cost me.

Luckily on the Z forum I found Sharif from Forged Performance (however back then he was in North Carolina working out of a shop with a friend of his). Carolina Performance Racing was the place, and they did my LSD install.

I actually had the Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit installed by Knowledge Performance who has been out of business for many years now. They didn't follow the instructions and I had to back track a lot of what they did which blew my mind at the time. I regretted not doing the work but at that time I was working six days a week and long hours so trusted a shop that had good reviews back then.

So I had Sharif (when he was in North Carolina) with his friend fix some of the stuff they did wrong and changed from a refreshed ECU to a stand alone Greddy E-manage EMS.

Zemedici

Established Member
Actually not Z1... Back then I went to a dyno day Z1 was having and when talking to someone there about installing a Cusco 2 way LSD (I had a base Z with open diff) I was not impressed by how they were going to do the install and what it would cost me.

Luckily on the Z forum I found Sharif from Forged Performance (however back then he was in North Carolina working out of a shop with a friend of his). Carolina Performance Racing was the place, and they did my LSD install.

I actually had the Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit installed by Knowledge Performance who has been out of business for many years now. They didn't follow the instructions and I had to back track a lot of what they did which blew my mind at the time. I regretted not doing the work but at that time I was working six days a week and long hours so trusted a shop that had good reviews back then.

So I had Sharif (when he was in North Carolina) with his friend fix some of the stuff they did wrong and changed from a refreshed ECU to a stand alone Greddy E-manage EMS.

That's awesome, and same vibe I've gotten from Z1 in the past as well. Its sad, as they used to be a LEGENDARY Nissan shop years ago. Sharif does good work though. :beer:

If you need anything done to the mustang, let me know. I run a shop in Kennesaw :beer:

Korican

Newb
Established Member
That's awesome, and same vibe I've gotten from Z1 in the past as well. Its sad, as they used to be a LEGENDARY Nissan shop years ago. Sharif does good work though. :beer:

If you need anything done to the mustang, let me know. I run a shop in Kennesaw :beer:

Oh really, what is your shop's name? Yeah Sharif is great, and I am glad his shop has done so well over the years.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance! You've had a nice bunch of cars/bikes. I like your '01 Cobra, but my favorite by far is your '70 Dart. Nicely modded. I used to own a '71 Duster 340. Minor mods at the time (Edelbrock Tarantula intake manifold, Holley double-pumper 650 carb, Hooker headers, 3.90 gear, Accel ignition) that was a Vette killer. One of the favorite cars I've ever owned. Hope you can spend some time here gleaning, interacting, helping others. This is a GREAT site!

Users who are viewing this thread