Newbie Intro

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Hey guys,

Finally got my White 03 Terminator yesterday. I actually sold my Black 07 GT on Halloween day and was without a car until Sunday. Drove by a Ford dealer and there she was was. Only 2 days on the lot. I couldn't say no.

Comments:

I like white better than black now. It's easier to keep clean looking.

The terminator is beyond fast.

The visibility in the Cobra is much better than the s197. I can actually see the road in the Terminator.

Questions:

How do launch in a spirited manner without wheel hop? My 07 did it once in a while, but I thought it was a solid axle problem...

The car has 48K miles on it. What are the first things I should what out for?

Tom

Romans8:28

Established Member
1. I agree with the other poster...... figure out what mods (if any) the car may have installed and go from there.

2. For wheel hop....... first get out of the throttle asap if/when it occurs because it will often break rear drivetrain parts..

To help prevent it consider drag radials, sub-frame connectors, & bushing kit

3. If your car is still "stock" and you want more power/better performance consider in this order:

Cat back exhaust
intake
upper pulley, plugs, tuner, & dyno session

4. Make sure the cars maintenance is current.........

Oil/filter
Transmission fluid
Spark plugs
Air filter
Clutch freeplay
Brake pads & rotors
Engine & intercooler coolant
Lubricate suspension components
Fuel filter

At some point change:
Supercharge oil
Rear end fluid

Check for any leaks at rear differential, listen for any detonation, pull and read a few spark plugs, check clutch for slippage, etc

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
congratulations and welcome :beer:

best to get some sticky rubber on the back for traction

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride and welcome!

I agree that before i picked up the mach, i test drove a 05 gt and the visibility was not as good as the mach.

Juruense

Banned
PICS!!!!! Congrats!

Be sure to post pics of the engine bay and even the suspension if you want to know what has been modified.

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I'm not allowed to post pics yet. This is only my second post here.

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i dont think you can do it through this forum, you need to do it from another source such as imageshack or photobucket.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase!

Sign up for photobucket, upload the pictures to your account and then copy/paste the IMG link for each picture into your post!

SpectorV

Established Member
welcome. I would assume that you need to change fluids and do other upkeep just to give you piece of mind since you really dont know what was done.

Drain the coolant (including the plugs in the block) and have it them use a vacuum system to suck the coolant back into the engine (the 4v engines are hard to get air out of the system. I had it done this way and not a single issue happened after it was done other than if to much coolant is put back in it it will leak out a bit as the system gets to much. So dont freak out if you see this, leave a bit of room in the overflow bottle~ dont fill it up all the way). Use 50/50 premix do not use tap water.

Drain the brakes, power steering, rear end fluid, and supercharger oil and replace. Dont have to... but its cheap, easy, and wont take long.

Drain/fill the heat exchanger... might as well install a new heat exchanger while you are at it :) and a bigger coolant tank for it. Just jump the pump and get the air out after you are done. I would use 50/50 premix here as well.

Change/gap spark plugs. Be SURE to tq them correctly. Check compression on pistons while you are doing it.

Thats most of it~

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Thanks again guys!

Does Heat Exchanger = Intercooler?

I'm a former s197 owner and all the talk was about intercooled whipples etc.

I promise to have some pics up soon. I just need to stop driving long enough. Can't get enough of that SC whine.

ArtMan

Established Member
Thanks again guys!

Does Heat Exchanger = Intercooler?

I'm a former s197 owner and all the talk was about intercooled whipples etc.

I promise to have some pics up soon. I just need to stop driving long enough. Can't get enough of that SC whine.

Welcome!

Intercooler = located under blower, transfers heat from the charged air to the liquid coolant.
Heat Exchanger = located Behinde Front Bumber, transfers heat from the liquid coolant to the outside air.

Check out the search feature, there is a ton of information to be found on this site...enjoy.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread