NEWBIE W/A DOWNED COBRA

JD'S01

Established Member
WANTED TO JUMP INTO THE MIX AND SHARE MY QUICK STORY. MAYBE ONE OF YOU ALSO HAS HAD OIL CONSUMPTION/SMOKE ON START UP WITH YOUR O1 SNAKE ALSO. ANYWAY MINE IS GETTING NEW VALVE SEALS AS A SLIGHT AMOUNT OF OIL/CARBON WAS FOUND ON MY #8 PLUG. WHAT THE HE** IS GOIN' ON. I HAVE NEVER SEEN PROBLEMS WITH THESE MOTORS. ANYWAY THERE IS ALSO A PROBLEM WITH 1-2 SHIFTS ON THESE AND THERE IS A TSB LONGER SHIFT FORK TO FIX THE PROBLEM (FYI). ANY FEEDBACK ON THE VALVE SEAL SITUATION WOULD BE HELPFUL. :shrug:

01BlackSnake

Established Member
I am happy to say that my only problems with my 01 are the windows squeeking, the head lights have gotten dirty on the inside, and my brakes squeal like pigs in heat.

Should be no problem for them to fix.

JD'S01

Established Member
FYI THERE ARE UPDATED HEADLIGHTS FOR THE PROBLEM OF WATER LIKE STAINS INSIDE THE LENSES, WINDOW SQUEAK IS COMMON WITH THIS CAR

01BlackSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by JD'S01
FYI THERE ARE UPDATED HEADLIGHTS FOR THE PROBLEM OF WATER LIKE STAINS INSIDE THE LENSES, WINDOW SQUEAK IS COMMON WITH THIS CAR

No kidding? Just take the car in and have them replaced under warranty? Or, is it a recall?

(Yes, like stains inside the lenses)

I'm going to tell them to fix that, the window squeaks, and to fix my brakes squeaking.

JD'S01

Established Member
Sorry about the caps. I was not mad however a little excited. I do however have my vehicle back & so far no smoke on start up. I'll keep you all posted. Any info on Ford Racing putting out an over-the-counter bolt on supercharger kit ie: the 03 model?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by JD'S01
Sorry about the caps. I was not mad however a little excited. I do however have my vehicle back & so far no smoke on start up. I'll keep you all posted. Any info on Ford Racing putting out an over-the-counter bolt on supercharger kit ie: the 03 model?

Sorry I can't help you with the blower question. Go snif around in the Blower Bistro and maybe you can get some help in there.

Good Luck:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread