Next Mod?

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
hey shawn. I would do the full length sub frame connectors. As far as the clutch usless it is slipping i wouldn't worry about it. As far as the 26 spline input shaft,clutch presure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing they are great mods but i would wait until your clutch is slipping. If your clutch is slipping and or trashed, now would be a good time for these mods. I am still on the stock clutch with the 2.3 whipple and no slipping. When it is time for a new clutch i will be going with a mcleod rxt twin disc. It was between the mcleod and the spec 3 but after alot of research i will be going with the mcleod. Hope this helps. Paul

++1

zeusha

Established Member
Absolutely. Cooling passages particularly - the driver side head. The head cooling mod has been shown to drop the temps so cheap insurance.

Wow, had no idea. Last question about this is it better to just get after market heads or is this just a common problem with the way the passages are setup block to head?

cobracide

Established Member
Wow, had no idea. Last question about this is it better to just get after market heads or is this just a common problem with the way the passages are setup block to head?

Of course it's better to get new heads, but the head cooling mod and closely monitoring your temps full time will suffice.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Oh has it? I'd love to see your source.

I've heard similar doubts. Some people believe the head cooling mod doesn't really do anything. I've never seen actual results, but a lot of people do it for peace of mind.

I'd also really like to see some hard data on this.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
There was some data a few years back (apten site) but it's gone now.

Apten. Aren't they the guys that made the HCM with a plastic T fitting - a fitting that melted on multiple occasions?

I have a feeling that data with integrity would stick around, even if it were in second hand form (screen shot, copy and saved text and diagrams, etc). It's interesting that the one data-backed source of the HCM's usefullness is now gone. As I've said many times before, the jury is still out on this modification.

Users who are viewing this thread