Next Mod?

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Hey guys, I have been saving up for awhile, and I think Im ready to pull the trigger on some mods for my car. I know some people will say Twin screw but I think some other things are mandatory first! LOL

I just wanted a couple comments on what I should get done. My mods are in my sig, but I been thinking about these tell me what you guys think?

26 spline input shaft (liberty gear maybe?)
New TOB :burnout:
New Clutch ( Spec Stage 3+?)
Sub Frame connectors (
Flywheel Maybe (Centerforce?)

I have about 5k to spend so I cant go all out! :cryying:
Also what brands you think I should go with on your suggestions?

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Sub frame connectors, Steeda (zinc coated, weld in) (painted black after install) this is easier for the welder on install, as there will be no need for him to grind off the powder coated paint.

Defiantly a 26 spline input shaft! (clutch etc) Fly wheel.. IMHO. ford racing billet steel fly wheel! Aluminum chatters!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Hey Shawn. I would do the full length sub frame connectors. As far as the clutch usless it is slipping I wouldn't worry about it. As far as the 26 spline input shaft,clutch presure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing they are great mods but I would wait until your clutch is slipping. If your clutch is slipping and or trashed, now would be a good time for these mods. I am still on the stock clutch with the 2.3 Whipple and no slipping. When it is time for a new clutch I will be going with a Mcleod RXT twin disc. It was between the Mcleod and the Spec 3 but after alot of research I will be going with the Mcleod. Hope this helps. Paul

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Subframe connectors should be next.

Then when you need a clutch if at all possible between now and then find someone with a twin disc that you can just sit in their car and push it in or take it around a parking lot. You'll be sold within the first few feet.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Subframes make a big difference and are relatively cheap. Pretty much the first mod I do to any car.

You can run a 2.3 Whipple with the mods you already have and I think you can get one from Tousley for like 2900 shipped with warranty.

If you do decide to do the clutch, do it right and do it all at once.

$900 McLeod RXT 26 spline
$370 D&D Performance 26 Spline Input Shaft
$44 FRPP Throwout bearing (Tousley)
$115 Lethal Performance TOB retainer sleeve
$8 FRPP Pilot Bearing (Tousley)
$95 Fiore firewall adj & clutch quadrant
$380 McLeod lightened Steel flywheel
Totaling $1,912.00 and that can be brought down with the SVTP forum discount code at Lethal.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Sub frame connectors, Steeda (zinc coated, weld in) (painted black after install) this is easier for the welder on install, as there will be no need for him to grind off the powder coated paint.

Defiantly a 26 spline input shaft! (clutch etc) Fly wheel.. IMHO. ford racing billet steel fly wheel! Aluminum chatters!

I was thinking Sub Frame Connectors also. I dont drive my car very hard at all, so what exactly do sub frames do If I usually just drive in a straight line?

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Hey Shawn. I would do the full length sub frame connectors. As far as the clutch usless it is slipping I wouldn't worry about it. As far as the 26 spline input shaft,clutch presure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing they are great mods but I would wait until your clutch is slipping. If your clutch is slipping and or trashed, now would be a good time for these mods. I am still on the stock clutch with the 2.3 Whipple and no slipping. When it is time for a new clutch I will be going with a Mcleod RXT twin disc. It was between the Mcleod and the Spec 3 but after alot of research I will be going with the Mcleod. Hope this helps. Paul

Well honestly, Idk if it actually slipping?? :shrug: I just thought at my power level it was smart too. My TOB is chirping bad so I thought maybe I should go ahead and do it all. I was told it could be the retainer sleeve also not the actual bearing?

I was looking at those twin discs ones also, they seemed high but really worth the money!:rockon:

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Subframe connectors should be next.

Then when you need a clutch if at all possible between now and then find someone with a twin disc that you can just sit in their car and push it in or take it around a parking lot. You'll be sold within the first few feet.

I wish I could find someone to let me test a twin disc out, unfortunately I only know like 2 people with 03's areound my area lol (Sad I know) But Posi are you saying I can tell a differance immediately?

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Subframes make a big difference and are relatively cheap. Pretty much the first mod I do to any car.

You can run a 2.3 Whipple with the mods you already have and I think you can get one from Tousley for like 2900 shipped with warranty.

If you do decide to do the clutch, do it right and do it all at once.

Totaling $1,912.00 and that can be brought down with the SVTP forum discount code at Lethal.

Well If I went Twin Screw at any point I would proabaly try and go with a 2.9 :rockon:

zeusha

Established Member
Damn, they all beat me to it lol. Bracing the frame and chassis always turns the car into a different vehicle. Tires, Subframes then suspension would be my mods first. I love how my friends sometimes go in the power direction first and all it adds up to is way more power and terrible manners for the car. End up losing anyway when someone just takes off way harder than you and keep it all under control.

cobracide

Established Member

Nice list, don't forget the billet throw out bearing sleeve. They are prone to breaking.

cobracide

Established Member
Im new to my 03 Cobra, whats with this head cooling mod I keep hearing? Is something wrong with our heads?

Absolutely. Cooling passages particularly - the driver side head. The head cooling mod has been shown to drop the temps so cheap insurance.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread