Next Rounds of Mods Begin!

Blaine

Established Member
I dont need to go anywhere, we got the fastest cars right here in town! People travel from all over the state to race with our crew! We have a race for every car, I talk the talk and walk the walk! I got you covered all day no need to go down to Miami and race with people who wont give a clean race with no drama! Your welcome to come here any day. Lemme know and we'll set it up! As far as a ZO6 vs. my stock Shelby? That's not a hard figured result. Now it's a different story..........;-)

You know the Z06 guy won't race you unless its a 70 mph roll. :lol:

I can make up stupid race rules to...

I'll race both the Z's... but 3 passenger's in each car. :lol:

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
in the vid, it looks like the vette jumps everytime... race him from a dig and see what happens
is the vette an automatic? if so its an easy race everytime, just get to 40 and hit the gas and button

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
I dont need to go anywhere, we got the fastest cars right here in town! People travel from all over the state to race with our crew! We have a race for every car, I talk the talk and walk the walk! I got you covered all day no need to go down to Miami and race with people who wont give a clean race with no drama! Your welcome to come here any day. Lemme know and we'll set it up! As far as a ZO6 vs. my stock Shelby? That's not a hard figured result. Now it's a different story..........;-)

i'm not talking about your crew. i'm talking about you and your Shelby. like i said before let me or Chris know whenever you want to come down, and get some runs in.

Last edited:

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Come to think of it I never had a ported blower on my Shelby?:shrug:
Either your thinking of someone else or your confused, my offer stands for your to come and race anytime but no drama. Street or track!

all i want to know is if you got pulled by a stock silver C6 Z06?:-D

rdsnk46

Established Member
i'm not talking about your crew. i'm talking about you and your Shelby. like i said before let me or Chris know whenever you want to come down, and get some runs in.

You seem to be speaking for you buddy so dont preach to the choir.

all i want to know is if you got pulled by a stock silver C6 Z06?:-D

I dont think so but I'm not certain, do your have a name of this Silver vette? If I did I'm not scared to say. GT500's stock vs. a ZO6 is far from a close race. Power to weight the ZO6 has the GT500 out matched. My car with it's current setup on the other hand is a different story. I could go on with this shit all night.....I need to prove nothing to you as I could care less of you or your buddy. I extended a race to you, the door is open.........

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Chris, as people have already stated, a lighter and more aerodynamic car on a roll like that pulling on a brick like a GT500 is kind of a no-brainer.
With that gigglegas, he brought his own atmosphere in a bottle. His intake charge temps were cold all the way to the valves man, look at that bottle pressure he sprayed at! The process of sublimation is huge when there's that much differential and the resulting drop in his intake charge had to be gigantic. You on the other hand, regardless of how good of a heat exchanger you have, had to have quite a disadvantage there. Just having a little 50-shot would really drop your charge temps dramatically.
"horsepower is not horsepower" ;)
Also, people may not agree but I'd bet if you had the stock 3.31 gears you would pull harder at those speeds than you would with the 3.73's. If you are racing from a dig, the 3.73's will get you out of the hole faster with such a heavy car, but on a roll at 65 MPH, I dunno, I think the higher numerical gears are not the ticket for that kind of race. I've been racing a LONG time and back in the day when there were almost no imports on the road, and people ran around with 4.11's or 4.56's and topped out at 112 MPH (!) guys who had "highway gears" knew you could pull it out at the top end on a "1/4 mile-type" car if you ran them from a roll. You'd pull HARD and pass them up as they are getting to the top of 4th and running out of gear. Highway gears rule in these roll races.

Also wondering what RPM you are at and what gear you were in when you were racing the Vette? Some guys who "roll race" start too low in the powerband and get pulled on. And that's not contradictory to the "highway gears" comment.
Anyway, run it from a dig at the dragstrip man. Real races start at zero. ;)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Slow Vette we wont play that shit in the 561!! We dont chase, and him talking about how his car was dancing...LOL! What kinda bullshit is that? Bring it to Palm beach county with a 400 shot and get dealt with!

Just like McDonalds " I'm lovin it" :D

sfadchi

Established Member
Made some progress today, the new kooks headers are installed!

CIMG0108.jpg

CIMG0112.jpg

CIMG0111.jpg

Zeke0123

Established Member
Looks good Chris! I apoloigize for taking your thread of topic.
Wasnt you.. the video comments probably would have lasted a coupla of posts...the Vette guy must have figured the 2 post about the video already werent enough so he needed to come into the GT500 forum and flap his gums.

Last edited:

Zeke0123

Established Member
Headers look Great ! you dont play around do you LOL... One day we see Parts the next day Bam! on the car :).

sfadchi

Established Member
Well guys she's almost done. I just have the electronics for the Zex left and to re-install the K-member. I hope to get here tuned on the dyno first thing next week. I can't wait to see the results.

CIMG0205.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

CIMG0207.jpg

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Looks good...I'm ready for ya!! I drove my car today...All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I hit it down the Gateway south bound on-ramp I was going 150 by the bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread