Nissan GTR

Stalker27

Established Member
The exhaust looks to be very restrictive, it's not even true dual:

20071207-nousha4.jpg

20071207-nousha2.jpg

It might be restrictive but look at the numbers it put down. Hell they probably already have an aftermarket exhaust for it they're just waiting for it to be released.

The car I dream to have is the car all of you own which is the 04 Cobra but if I had the money to chose between the Z06 or the GTR my choice would be the GTR
Here in Memphis every damn time you look over your shoulder you just about see a damn corvette driver out walking there car since they drive the damn thing to slow.
On the othe hand the GTR will deff be a head turner and it WILL lay the smack down on a Z06 driver if he don't know how to drive the vette.

There will be plenty of aftermarket companies supporting this car once it comes out so the sky is the limit how far they will push the GTR.

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
I remember when Traitors to this nation used to be hung.. :nonono:

I know you dont like the GTR but you got to be f*cking kidding me. Come here to Killeen/ FORT HOOD and see all the so called " TRAITORS" that fight for this country that drive imports.. LMFAO.

Why did the clock start at the end of the blue rail but stop at the begining of it?

Left out at least 5 seconds.
Or do they do them all like that?

Standard superlap 20.6km , the extra .2km is not run do to safety issues ( exit of pit area).

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Wasn't that a flying lap, too? Not all are timed that way, correct?

Is there even room to improve that exhaust??

Fourcam330

Established Member
Also, FWIW, regarding the 3.3 to 60 depending on the conditions...

My friend Mike was testing his new B&G CMR tune 0-60 with his Dashawk.

Dry: 3.55 seconds

Pouring rain: 3.65 seconds

Yes I realize Dashawk testing may not be the most accurate, but the point is how close the times were despite the huge difference in conditions.

That's N/A with bolt-ons 5100lbs and 390rw SAE btw.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Stikiller said:
Okay dumbass, I fogot you know all the people I know. So you will personally know, what cars the people I know drive. STFU and get a life. Next some of you idiots prove, why people think americans are so stupid. Mag testing doesn't mean shit, what proves a point to me is when I personally see a car run those numbers stated. I have had three high hp cars, I have personally owned myself. Z06s are great, but to add more power cost a ton of money. Imports in most case are always the best bang for a buck. I took my evo spent 7k and had 500hp, I could have turned up my boost and been well over 600hp. Look at the jump of power, I went from 271hp which is mag stated to 500whp hp dyno test with 7k. That is a jump of 229hp, that isn't bad for a 4 banger.

I love it when import advocates end their sales pitch with a lack of cylinders disclaimer.

:rolling:

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Since no one has started the thread? What do you guys think about Nissan's new assasin? Motor Trend say's it the Z06 killer.

Some have said that finally the Japanese will dominate the American streets.

Check out this link below:

http://www.nagtroc.com/forums/R35-Dyno-t20782.html

There is some rumor there they may be "high performance" version, lighter and about 530HP possibly to follow. Let's not forget the Skyline held the Ring production car record for a long time, and was virtually banned from sedan racing in Australia (very popular) because of its dominance. The best consistent numbers I've been able to find are 11.6 @ 119 (ah, turbo cars) and a 3.6 to 60, that's a bit slower than the current C6Z and Viper, but we'll see what they do in the real world.

Their current ring run was a bit of a fraud though. It was a flying start with race slicks, compared to the Vette's standing start with run flats. It's a wicked fast car, but what's actually most impressive about it is the sophistication of the driver aids and chassis feedback. A C6Z, and maybe a highly tuned Roush Mustang might fall into the same category, of being very fast, but have to be handled by someone who really knows what they're doing. The GTR, somewhat like a Ferrari, can make a dunce look like a good driver.

Last edited:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Their current ring run was a bit of a fraud though. It was a flying start with race slicks, compared to the Vette's standing start with run flats.

The car did not have racing slicks on it, it had RE070's on it. And where are you getting the info that the vette did a standing start?

These are some pictures taken right before the time attack:
08nissanskylinegtrtechltx8.jpg

08nissanskylinegtrtechusr9.jpg

Here's a shot of the tires in the video:
sssaaom3.jpg

Just a shot of the RE070's:
exterior035rg1.jpg

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
The car did not have racing slicks on it, it had RE070's on it. And where are you getting the info that the vette did a standing start?

These are some pictures taken right before the time attack:

Those are nice shots of the tire, and maybe it's true, but not necessarily what they ran their lap on. I read it on a Ring time keeping site that had an asterisk by its time and specifically mentioned that they were not street legal tires. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here's the reference for standing start from Corvette Forum:
Originally Posted by AZ FASTEST
The time GM uses that was set by Jan Magnussen is 7:42:99 from a standing start. They compare it to the Porsche Carrera GT setting a 7:32:44 time from a flying start. GM states that these times are for a "street-legal car".

That may be the defining term....."street-legal". See Corvette Quarterly, Fall 2005, page 13.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
dyno1.gif

hahahaha, I doubt we'll ever be seeing this video.

How did your dyno turn out? :poke:

Lighter than a Skyline with more power as is. I don't think they'll be any trouble on the freeways. They're still a few months out from US dealerships, Whipple should be on by end of January :read:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Gotta love that roll racing.. right ricer?

I think you need to show some support in the "7xxfwhp Skittle" thread..

I take it as it comes. Someone wants to run on the freeway, why not. Rev it at a stoplight, I'll take that too. :burnout:

Maybe I should give them IOUs for a run at the local dragstrip instead? :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread