other_019.jpg

other_020.jpg

other_021.jpg

other_023.jpg

other_024.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Those are nice shots of the tire, and maybe it's true, but not necessarily what they ran their lap on. I read it on a Ring time keeping site that had an asterisk by its time and specifically mentioned that they were not street legal tires. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here's the reference for standing start from Corvette Forum:

Nissan exaggerating performance again? Never! :lol:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Those are nice shots of the tire, and maybe it's true, but not necessarily what they ran their lap on. I read it on a Ring time keeping site that had an asterisk by its time and specifically mentioned that they were not street legal tires. I'll see if I can find it again.

Honestly, some people are just not going to believe the time no matter what.. I gave you shots of the tires before the run and a video of those tires/rims going on the car before the run.

Yes, they could of paused the video and put on different tires before they ran it, but can't you really say that about any of the cars?

First it's the flying lap excuse, then it's the length of the track, then it's the boost level, then it's a prototype, now it has slicks on it. Some people are going to doubt it no matter how much proof you give them.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Honestly, some people are just not going to believe the time no matter what.. I gave you shots of the tires before the run and a video of those tires/rims going on the car before the run.

Yes, they could of paused the video and put on different tires before they ran it, but can't you really say that about any of the cars?

First it's the flying lap excuse, then it's the length of the track, then it's the boost level, then it's a prototype, now it has slicks on it. Some people are going to doubt it no matter how much proof you give them.

So were you there to verify the accuracy of everything coming out of the Nissan PR machine? :read:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
I swear it's like having a little nat buzzing around your head....

Such a sad attempt to ruin a thread about the car 03 DSG is so worried about.

WTF D00D

Established Member
Very nice car...

but for the money I dont care what anyone saus, I need the sound of a V8, not a v6.

Id much rather drive around in a GT500 or the new S/C Vette then this car

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
The car did not have racing slicks on it, it had RE070's on it. . .

They were not full slicks, but cut slicks, apparently not street legal (at least not in the States), maybe in Japan/Europe?. Anyway, nothing like the Run flats on the Z.

Source:
http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17066
HONED AT THE 'RING

GTR chief engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno told PistonHeads that his baby had covered over 3000 miles at the Nordschleife and avoided other circuits as they were deemed 'too easy'.

Nissan's original target was to beat the 911 Turbo at the 'ring but they ended up worrying the Porsche Carrera GT.

They didn't beat the GT's 7min 32sec lap time, but got a 7.38 in semi-wet conditions.

'We used cut slick tyres' said Mizuno.

'I was not interested in full slick times as this bears no resemblance to a road tyre. 1.2G of force was being pulled in wet and over 2 in dry'.

Don't get me wrong, the GT-R will be wicked. I've told Corvette buddies for years that if Nissan ever seriously brings a Skyline here, it'll be a real challenge. However, I don't think it'll hang with a Z in the quarter (that's a fact even by their published numbers) but I don't think it'd turn in a better Ring time under identical ideal conditions.

Standing Start
Tires it ships with
Nice Cool Air
Dry Track

Z:
7:42
Standing Start
Run Flats
Dry Track
Hot and Muggy

GT-R:
7:38
Flying Start
Cut Slicks
Semi-wet track
Cool

Anyway, bench racing is fun in small doses, but will see what it does in the real world. There will be VIR times which will be more normalized. I also expect we will see plenty of these on the streets, at the strip and on the track.

Last edited:

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
. . .First it's the flying lap excuse, then it's the length of the track, then it's the boost level, then it's a prototype, now it has slicks on it. Some people are going to doubt it no matter how much proof you give them.

The GT-R is awesome fast and handles brilliantly, period. I specifically compared, and backed up with sources the C6Z standing start on run flats vs. the GT-R's flying start on non-street legal tires, nothing else.

The truth is the VAST majority of drivers will not be able to push the GT-R, Z, VIper, etc., anywhere near their true performance envelopes on a track, so quibbling over seconds at the Ring is a little bit trivial, they're both genuine hi-performance cars. For good ole mash the go-pedal in the 1/4, it won't beat the Z or Viper, to say nothing of some of the modded Cobras, Fox cars etc. guys on this site run.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Second: your Term is pullied, not whippled, pullied and ported terms will get beat easily by this car on the street(track might be different)

How many pullied/ported 03/04 are rolling around on DR's. Should be more than enough for the Nissan. Less weight and 450-520 rwhp depending on combos. Of course we don't have the ps3 dashboard?:dw:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How many pullied/ported 03/04 are rolling around on DR's. Should be more than enough for the Nissan. Less weight and 450-520 rwhp depending on combos. Of course we don't have the ps3 dashboard?:dw:

Exactly. Nothing for 03/04s to worry about... unless you're in GERMANY :dw:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread