Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Why? The GT500 trumps the 03/04 in just about every performance category, and IMHO the GT500 looks far meaner than the Terminator :shrug:

The Terminator looks much better and has better lines and curves than that overweight slush box GT500.
If you take all the new technology from the GT500 and put it into the Terminator, The Terminator would trump the GT500. A 660rwhp KB 03/04 Cobra would run right with a 700rwhp KB GT500..

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Why? The GT500 trumps the 03/04 in just about every performance category, and IMHO the GT500 looks far meaner than the Terminator :shrug:

You're gonna have a hard time winning that arguement on here.

03SVTKB

Established Member
I dont even need to see the vid. I predicted the c6z would murder a gt500. If its a struggle for some terminators to take down a c6z dont even think of a gt500 even tryin.

BLUBLLS

The Terminator looks much better and has better lines and curves than that overweight slush box GT500.
If you take all the new technology from the GT500 and put it into the Terminator, The Terminator would trump the GT500. A 660rwhp KB 03/04 Cobra would run right with a 700rwhp KB GT500..

I prefer the boxier look of the GT500 because it brings back memories of the boxy looking fox bodies and the boxy look to me screams "muscle" more than the sleek look which to me screams "sports car".

The GT500 is only a couple 100 lbs heavier than a Terminator which is good considering the iron 5.4, far better chasis, and added safety equipment. The GT500 will hit 700 rwhp easier than the Terminator will hit 660 rwhp.

Just face it the GT500 is a better car even given the weight :shrug: Best bang for the buck is still the Terminator though :beer:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
the Z06 is my buddies car. its actually making 590rwhp...good vid as always felix

sweet mother!!! If thats what one can do with under 600rwhp wouldnt even want to see a 800+ one!!!

These new z06s really make me want to just hang up my hat and say screw trying to make my car fast (since apparently I could have a kb with 600+ and still barely beat a bolt on one) guess im just gona have to try and make my car look good

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I prefer the boxier look of the GT500 because it brings back memories of the boxy looking fox bodies and the boxy look to me screams "muscle" more than the sleek look which to me screams "sports car".

The GT500 is only a couple 100 lbs heavier than a Terminator which is good considering the iron 5.4, far better chasis, and added safety equipment. The GT500 will hit 700 rwhp easier than the Terminator will hit 660 rwhp.

Just face it the GT500 is a better car even given the weight :shrug: Best bang for the buck is still the Terminator though :beer:

If thats the case, then why is the Terminator fighting the GT500 battles with C6Zs.
a couple of hundred pounds makes a big F'N difference off the line and especially at highway spends. The Terminator as better aerodynamics also. The Terminator will hit 660 just as easy as a GT500 hits 700. Please don't get into the chassis argument you sore loser. You were probably one those guys in another thread bashing the E92 M3 about it's luxury and powerless V8. But when the subject of chassis is brought up and how much superior the M3 is on the track than the GT500, you switch the topic to "it's all about straightline and raw power. The GT500 is such an epic fail, Ford would have been better off putting that motor and Technology in the Terminator. if the GT500 is so much better, why are consumers bypassing the overweight/over priced slush box GT500s and picking up C6s left and right and also plenty are picking up used Terminators and modding them to fight the GT500 battles.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good death, but you were racing his kinda race. 65-70mph rolls and he was stealing the hit every time. A bolt-on Z06 with a 150shot is no ****ing joke!! That's probably close to 140mph trapping car..:rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Here where im from theres a 100% stock z06 on 150shot and on slicks it pulls a 10.9... so there you go...buy a z06 throw some nitrous... boo ya...

also remember 150shot may add "150hp" or whatnot but look at the torque gains on nitrous, its ridiculous...

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
About the vid: The Camera work is f'ing horrible.

About the Z: the car is sick, the wheels are horrible.

About the GT500: What the F is up with the stripes on the fender? That's retarded.

LthlGt500

Established Member
Have you guys ever seen a Nitrous Eaton GT500/Cobra..cheap and probably just as fast or even faster then a whipple or kennebell because of the cooling effects....my GT500 with a intake/2.6Upper Pulley making 520whp would stay neck and neck with a stock c6 z06......and intake/tune c6 z06 would pull about 2.5-3 cars......so i'd say a GT500 making 580whp on blower and a 150shot should keep up with a intake/tune/150shot C6 Z06....you guys have to remember that the powerband on a nitrous car is all about power under the curve

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Have you guys ever seen a Nitrous Eaton GT500/Cobra..cheap and probably just as fast or even faster then a whipple or kennebell because of the cooling effects....my GT500 with a intake/2.6Upper Pulley making 520whp would stay neck and neck with a stock c6 z06......and intake/tune c6 z06 would pull about 2.5-3 cars......so i'd say a GT500 making 580whp on blower and a 150shot should keep up with a intake/tune/150shot C6 Z06....you guys have to remember that the powerband on a nitrous car is all about power under the curve

I would agree with you for the most part.

It pisses me off a little bit that we have to have our blowers and the same size shot on top of that to even make it a race! I mean if the z had full exhaust and cam we would be at the starting line when they hit the 1/8th mile mark, and if they have heads forget it! damn I shoulda gotten a chevy :bash:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I would agree with you for the most part.

It pisses me off a little bit that we have to have our blowers and the same size shot on top of that to even make it a race! I mean if the z had full exhaust and cam we would be at the starting line when they hit the 1/8th mile mark, and if they have heads forget it! damn I shoulda gotten a chevy :bash:

The only Ford that worth talking about and that can throw down with Chevy is the Ford GT

boostedoval

Established Member

hater....your crazy...the 03-04 bumpers are way meaner. The only thing the gt500 has on the 03 is the interior, but my kenwood DD makes up for that.

oh ya as far as performance....GT500 you throw a pulley and intake and you make 540ish with a cobra you only get 460ish and the shelby will be out a few cars in front....ehhhh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread