Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

boostedoval

Established Member
Have you guys ever seen a Nitrous Eaton GT500/Cobra..cheap and probably just as fast or even faster then a whipple or kennebell because of the cooling effects....my GT500 with a intake/2.6Upper Pulley making 520whp would stay neck and neck with a stock c6 z06......and intake/tune c6 z06 would pull about 2.5-3 cars......so i'd say a GT500 making 580whp on blower and a 150shot should keep up with a intake/tune/150shot C6 Z06....you guys have to remember that the powerband on a nitrous car is all about power under the curve

ur learning felix :rockon:

exdeath

Established Member
I would agree with you for the most part.

It pisses me off a little bit that we have to have our blowers and the same size shot on top of that to even make it a race!

Why? Displacement (eg: air mass flow) is displacement. It doens't matter if you have 400 cubes, or 200 cubes running 14.7 lbs boost. Same shit.

Not that I wouldn't mind a 427 ci 4v MOD motor, just saying.

damn I shoulda gotten a chevy :bash:

Nothing twin 67s, a intercooler shot, and a built 5.4 with standalone EFI and 1500+ RWHP can't walk away from.

You can make *any* car fast, and it only has to be fast enough that your chance of running into someone else slightly faster is less than .1%, and the faster you go, the pool of people able to fill that .1% grows impossibly smaller. Just stick with what you like.

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
The Vette rolled out, but I guess no one watched the video posted by the GT500 showing the same race? YouTube - SlowWhiteShelby VS ThepunisherZ06
The first race the GT500 honked 3 times and hit it and the vette didn't move (or either didn't come up fast enough to get in the camera's view). The next races the Vette took off after TWO honks NOT THREE!:nono: The GT500 was waiting to take off on the 3rd honk, so that's why he was sitting still when the vette left. Doesn't mean the GT500 would've won the race, but it definitely wouldn't have been the results that were showed from the Vette's camera. If someone with that much power takes the hit you stand NO CHANCE at running them down. I'd like to see a them race with BOTH cars taking off on the 3rd honk and see what the difference is then!

LthlGt500

Established Member
The Vette rolled out, but I guess no one watched the video posted by the GT500 showing the same race? YouTube - SlowWhiteShelby VS ThepunisherZ06
The first race the GT500 honked 3 times and hit it and the vette didn't move (or either didn't come up fast enough to get in the camera's view). The next races the Vette took off after TWO honks NOT THREE!:nono: The GT500 was waiting to take off on the 3rd honk, so that's why he was sitting still when the vette left. Doesn't mean the GT500 would've won the race, but it definitely wouldn't have been the results that were showed from the Vette's camera. If someone with that much power takes the hit you stand NO CHANCE at running them down. I'd like to see a them race with BOTH cars taking off on the 3rd honk and see what the difference is then!

I posted that video in the beginning....No one should take video's as the set in the stone example of what would happen if cars with those mods lined up.....there are always different variables....for instance the GT500 said his plugs were bad and both cars started in 3rd 65 roll.......what you can get from the video is that on those particular races the Z06 came out ontop....and for most parts the GT500 needs roughly 100whp more to keep up with a Motor C6 Z06 from a roll and the cobra 60whp...once you talk about nitrous z06 or supercharged ones then their powerband gets crazy and its alot harder o match them...but thats topping out the Cobra/GT500's fourth gear....keep going til the Z06's top of 4th(160) and your asking to get stretched

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
They still never took off at the same time, so I can't gauge anything from the vids other than they need a race with both leaving on the 3rd honk! I think the Z would win, but I'd like to see by how much if at all!

Common

Established Member
What's funny about less than $2k in mods? :shrug:

intake $350, tune $500, Nitrous kit $950 thats less than $2k
I am sure you know how much exactly he paid!
That is not the funny part however, it's the pathetic jackassery of even mentioning that as if Vette is a civic or a cheaper car..........or even heavier car......
It is equivalent of me slaying a GTO somewhere and then coming here and saying..."look guys, BPU cobra kills a GTO"....
pay no attention to common he is always playing devil's advocate

:lol:

Last edited:

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
guys guys... I've owned 2 terminators and a GT500

get your head out of the sand. a 30 year old chassis can't compete!

but I still miss my '03 :(

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
They still never took off at the same time, so I can't gauge anything from the vids other than they need a race with both leaving on the 3rd honk! I think the Z would win, but I'd like to see by how much if at all!

i hope that last part was a joke because based on the vid. the Z06 would still pull the Shelby. the Shelby is in the low 130's, while the Z06 is a 135+ car

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
I am sure you know how much exactly he paid!
That is not the funny part however, it's the pathetic jackassery of even mentioning that as if Vette is a civic or a cheaper car..........or even heavier car......

i think the point he is trying to make, is that a minor modded C6 Z06 is no joke, but then again i don't know if he thinks nitrous is not a big mod lol

sfadchi

Established Member
Yeah but I'll have a chance next time out! Yes my plugs were foul, but I make no excuses, all I can say is next time I'll be bringing more to the plate!

These are from the day after that race.

CIMG0125.gif

This is what I picked up today to help me out for next time!

CIMG0084.jpg

CIMG0083.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

sfadchi

Established Member
About the vid: The Camera work is f'ing horrible.

About the Z: the car is sick, the wheels are horrible.

About the GT500: What the F is up with the stripes on the fender? That's retarded.

You can go F yourself, I like my fender stripes. You're retarded!

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
The Terminator looks much better and has better lines and curves than that overweight slush box GT500.
If you take all the new technology from the GT500 and put it into the Terminator, The Terminator would trump the GT500. A 660rwhp KB 03/04 Cobra would run right with a 700rwhp KB GT500..

Amen! I had a guy at a local track event tell me his *Stage 2* GT500 was superior to my Termy. Til he was seeing taillights at the end of the 1/4... :rockon:

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Yeah but I'll have a chance next time out! Yes my plugs were foul, but I make no excuses, all I can say is next time I'll be bringing more to the plate!]

hooking up the happy gas i see lol, The Z will need either a bigger shot or a supercharger to keep up, thats a hell of a jump in horsepower you are about to have

Users who are viewing this thread