Nitrous Outlet Hardline Plate kit tested:

Shaun@AED

At the behest of the SVTP'ers that love Nitrous, a few months back I contacted Nitrous Outlet to see if they were willing to look into a few 'issues' we've been seeing with *some* nitrous kits. Specifically Lean conditions due to fuel pressure drop a the rails.

Dave stepped up and although skeptical his kits had any issues, agreed to work with Jeff @ CTP and I on testing one of their kits on a stock Coyote. Jeff and Dave go way back, and Jeff is an excellent tuner so I had very little to do on this one. :)

Well, Dave was correct. His Hardline Plate kit has no issues with lean spikes. Real world track testing along with Dyno testing has been completed.

As the boys at Nitrous Outlet posted recently, Jeff at Central Texas Performance dialed in one of their kits on a bone stock Coyote. Or rather, for an accurate test he did nothing more than remove the speed and rev limits and remove 2 degrees of timing for this test. IE, no tune modifications aimed at 'correcting' hardware issues such as fueling.

The dyno results were posted in this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-5-0-coyote-nitrous-plate-system-install.html

Due to a software issue the data logs were corrupted, but Jeff was able to get the car back into the shop and re-do the logs on Nitrous. He sent me the logs today for review and they look great! No lean conditions at all and only minor fuel trim corrections (5-7%) in 1st gear as nitrous first hits. If anything the system is on the rich side, and it looks as though the fuel hits just before the Nitrous which allows fuel pressure to recover.

Below is a screen shot of a 3-4 shift on an M6 while spraying Nitrous with this kit.
Notice the leanest spot has virtually NO fuel corrections and is within 1% of the Lambse Target. Well within reason given the car has virtually a stock tune.

3-4shiftNitrousStock11M6_zps41904d7a.jpg

In other words, Nitrous Outlet has proven to have a high quality product and AED will now tune Nitrous with their Nitrous Outlet Hardline Plate kit.

No, we are not dealers. Please order direct from Nitrous Outlet and let them know AED sent you.

FIFTY

Established Member
Shaun, that's great news for the nitrous guys, what type of shot with proper fuel mods do you think would be the safest on the coyote?

Shaun@AED

Shaun, that's great news for the nitrous guys, what type of shot with proper fuel mods do you think would be the safest on the coyote?

The above dyno and logs are from a 100 shot on pump 93 TX fuel.

Bigger shots depend on variables like current mods, fuel used, etc.

Shaun@AED

Will you do dry and wet kits on E85? Nitrous Outlet kit of course.

No dry kits have proven to not have issues from the logs I've seen. Some are better than others, but not correct. Nor is the tune for a Dry shot correct, at least not from what I've seen.

Adding fuel via Maf changes far more than just the fueling at WOT. It changes the Torque the ECU calculates, which is used for a variety of other calculations. Not to mention the fuel corrections that the ECU learns. Varying bottle pressures will cause fuel trimming and the ECU remembers and uses these values the next time you go WOT.

Dry kits can be done differently, where you're adding fuel that does not affect the Torque/MAP/lb per min calculations.

Wet with E85 is not an issue assuming you have enough fuel pump (BAP).

corysmach1

Established Member
No dry kits have proven to not have issues from the logs I've seen. Some are better than others, but not correct. Nor is the tune for a Dry shot correct, at least not from what I've seen.

Adding fuel via Maf changes far more than just the fueling at WOT. It changes the Torque the ECU calculates, which is used for a variety of other calculations. Not to mention the fuel corrections that the ECU learns. Varying bottle pressures will cause fuel trimming and the ECU remembers and uses these values the next time you go WOT.

Dry kits can be done differently, where you're adding fuel that does not affect the Torque/MAP/lb per min calculations.

Wet with E85 is not an issue assuming you have enough fuel pump (BAP).

Oh ok so you will do wet with E85? The only reason i asked about dry kits is because i figured you wouldnt do wet with E85. Will a BAP and 47 lb inj be ok with a 150 wet?

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Oh ok so you will do wet with E85? The only reason i asked about dry kits is because i figured you wouldnt do wet with E85. Will a BAP and 47 lb inj be ok with a 150 wet?

No problem. The guys at Nitrous Outlet can set up the jetting for E85. FRPP 47's and a JMS BAP and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread