Nitto 555 G2 review

NC03SVT

Established Member
I recently just got some of the new 315/35/17 555's mounted up and so far they are hooking very well. I have basic mods upper pulley, intake, exhaust, tune and I can now get traction in first without wheel hopping. I haven't tried straight punching it yet but I rolled into the throttle from about 20 then went full throttle and it just went. I previously had the original 555's in 315/35/17 also and could hook in second but not first. Granted they worn 75% worn or so. But the only complaint I have so far is that they seem to run even narrower than the originals. The tire doesn't even come all the way to the bead of the 17x10.5. Maybe they did away with the rim protector but it looks like crap in my opinion. Here's some pictures.

20160705_142936_zpsjejgsjn4.jpg

20160705_143138_zpsvsemohks.jpg

20160705_142905_zpsosfszjwg.jpg

20160705_142841_zpsxh18whje.jpg

Last edited:

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
My buddy just got these for his turbo fox body and he loves them. They're his favorite street tire, and he makes a good amount of power. Same size as you have

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I have the same setup on my ported with a 4# lower at 500hp. The section width does run a little bit on the narrow side as compared to other brands in 315 but for a street tire they hold relatively well. I don't dump the clutch but when I mash the throttle in 1st gear from a roll they break loose and spin out. In a 2nd gear roll from 2k they spin a little then bite. I don't drive in the rain unless I get caught while out cruising so I have no feedback on wet conditions. Not a bad street tire but I wouldn't have them behind a bigger hp car and expect them to hold it down.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've had mine on for a few hundred miles. Like you said, they don't hook if I punch it from a dig. I can spin through 2nd depending on the road. But if I roll out a little first they do pretty good. That's weird that your's seem narrower. I had 555R's before these and the G2's are wider than the 555R's. Even my friends made comments about the new tires looking beefier than the old ones.

NC03SVT

Established Member
I've had mine on for a few hundred miles. Like you said, they don't hook if I punch it from a dig. I can spin through 2nd depending on the road. But if I roll out a little first they do pretty good. That's weird that your's seem narrower. I had 555R's before these and the G2's are wider than the 555R's. Even my friends made comments about the new tires looking beefier than the old ones.

Yea I haven't actually had them spin on me yet. But i have not driven on them alot so far. I run 30 psi cold in them. Do your sidewalls look similar to mine not coming all the way out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread