Nitto 555R or Mickey Thompson ET Street?

Which Tires?

• Nitto 555R 315/40/17

Votes: 89 36.0%
  • Mickey Thompson ET Street 275/40/17

Votes: 158 64.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterChrome

Established Member
true the nitto dr`s are smaller cause i had 315 nittos dr`s on my 97 when i got it & i replaced them with the same size 555 street tires are so wide i had to beat on the car & exhuast so it would not rub on my right side

So were the Nittos NT555 extreme performance street tire a lot wider than their NT555R drag radials?

MisterChrome

Established Member
Would $320 for a set of Nitto 555R 315/35/17 new (or so they state) only mounted be a good deal?

bansheewild88

Established Member
are the nittos better then the eagle f1s on the strip?? my cars a dd and i really dont have money to get a set or different rims just tires right now so i was hoping to get a tire thats good for both street and strip i was goin to go with the nitto 555R 315/35/17s that would be good for both worlds right street and strip? and i wont have to do any modifications because i have the stock rim..

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
BFG are bad ass just got mine on today they out hook nitto

where are you guys getting your bfg's?? :??:

every place i contact cannot source them and says they are backordered from bfg

even bfg says they will not start production again for another month :shrug:

i love the bfg even though they only last 5k, but since hard to source, i am thinking about trying the mt for my daily driver (hardly ever rains around here)

countrysvt

Established Member
mt dr great at track but suck in the rain, my nittos were 275/40/17 drove all the time they were great for dd and track, installing the 315's this weekend let you know with the stock 9" rims!

thanks robbie

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I'm currently running michelin pilot sports on my 18x10.5 ssr gt3's. I wonder if I could fit the nitto 335/18's on there. Anybody try this? I know the nittos are supposed to be on the small side.

My rear is slammed hard and I have the Nitto 335/30/18's. I rolled the fenders and had to deal with some rear fender well panels but the bolt cleared for some reason. The Nitto 335's don't run small like the 315's. They are fricken steam rollers. They hook WAYYYY better then the BFG 315's I had before these.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Nittos

1. I sold my M and H 325/17's to go to 345/18's...they are on backorder....will post pics when they show up....M and H's hook better than BFG and Hoosiers.

2. I had to borrow a set of rear tires/wheels yesterday to get to the shop to get a retune.....the set I was loaned were Nitto DR's......ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.
I swear you could not GIVE me a set.....I will NEVER put them back on. I had to baby my car there and back.....the slightest throttle and I was side ways.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
1. I sold my M and H 325/17's to go to 345/18's...they are on backorder....will post pics when they show up....M and H's hook better than BFG and Hoosiers.

2. I had to borrow a set of rear tires/wheels yesterday to get to the shop to get a retune.....the set I was loaned were Nitto DR's......ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.
I swear you could not GIVE me a set.....I will NEVER put them back on. I had to baby my car there and back.....the slightest throttle and I was side ways.

1. I assume you're talking DR's vs. DR's, how much were the M&H cost compared?? I just ordered my 295 BFG's for the street, how long do they last under NORMAL driving?

2. This seems to be par for the course. :lol:

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Q&a

The cost for the M&H's is about $230 each.....not sure about the MT's......BFG's were running around $190ish.

My BFG's were giving me about 1800 miles a set.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Damn, I wasn't expecting alot, but 2K sucks.

Oh well, gotta pay to play I always say. :lol:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Well i just got mine on and they are FANTASTIC. At 25lbs. they hook better than my MT ET STREETS at 25lbs.

Obviuosly the DOT SLICK isnt meant to be ran at 25lbs, but I am very impresses with the BFG DR's so far, we'll just see how long they last! :lol:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Well i just got mine on and they are FANTASTIC. At 25lbs. they hook better than my MT ET STREETS at 25lbs.

Obviuosly the DOT SLICK isnt meant to be ran at 25lbs, but I am very impresses with the BFG DR's so far, we'll just see how long they last! :lol:

nice im loving mine as well im running 18 psi street and they work great

MisterChrome

Established Member
what would be the best psi to run our tires at? I have stock 275 bfgs on the front and nitto nt555r 315s rear.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have had the m/t et street radials on for about 2k now. i am loving them for street use and i think i will be buying these over the bfg's from now on. :burnout:

i still haven't taken them to the track but i bet they will be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread