Nj members get in here!

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I'm down for both this weekend..... I would like to "try" to run my car soon and my bro wants to run his 14' gt. I'm actually having a belt slipping issue at the moment with my car, it's weird.... I'll text ya later to figure the meets/shows man.

Sounds good to me buddy. Hopefully, I get all my stuff delivered in time. I had belt slippage with my TVS as well. My tuner Kevin at Wicked had to get a tighter belt and he put on some of that spray stuff for added grip. So far no issues. Then again it slipped worse with the smaller pulley and race fuel combo at 21psi. I'm now at 18.5 and it's been holding since last year.

Your bro has a 14 gt huh. Hmm... (wheels turning) My buddy Joey8 ^ has a 14 GT as well. You and I have VMP TVS powered snakes. I see a perfect head to head matchup! Booyah! Let's do it! :rockon::burnout:

Last edited:

NjsGT500

Established Member
Sounds good to me buddy. Hopefully, I get all my stuff delivered in time. I had belt slippage with my TVS as well. My tuner Kevin at Wicked had to get a tighter belt and he put on some of that spray stuff for added grip. So far no issues. Then again it slipped worse with the smaller pulley and race fuel combo at 21psi. I'm now at 18.5 and it's been holding since last year.

Your bro has a 14 gt huh. Hmm... (wheels turning) My buddy Joey8 ^ has a 14 GT as well. You and I have VMP TVS powered snakes. I see a perfect head to head matchup! Booyah! Let's do it! :rockon::burnout:
Haha you're a bad man...... But I do see no prob with this idea lol.
I spoke to BJ at VMP yesterday and he said he hasn't heard of a belt slipping with the pulley I have and the 90mm idler that I added. He said to try a new stock belt since mine has about 13k mile on it, I picked it up today after work and Ill throw it on tomorrow, see if that helps.....

Joey8

Established Member

Sounds like a plan to me man. That's a good head to head! Gotta love running similar equipped cars

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Haha you're a bad man...... But I do see no prob with this idea lol.
I spoke to BJ at VMP yesterday and he said he hasn't heard of a belt slipping with the pulley I have and the 90mm idler that I added. He said to try a new stock belt since mine has about 13k mile on it, I picked it up today after work and Ill throw it on tomorrow, see if that helps.....

Hehe yeah boyeeee!! Hmm that's strange. I guess it makes sense to try a new belt. These blower belts take a beating much quicker than NA cars hands down. I had all new Metco idler pulleys added. Had a 2lb lower from my previous Steg ported setup. Had to put the stock back on to lower the boost. What size lower do you have? That or your other pulleys could be causing an issue as well. Hope you work it out with just the belt.

Sounds like a plan to me man. That's a good head to head! Gotta love running similar equipped cars

It's like all the planets and stars are aligned LOL! This will be a fun time indeed.

the5

Established Member
Whats up guys, Eric here.
Some of you may know my car or have seen it around.
10308152_784158038270773_9064128671926961645_n_zps1ad162b0.jpg

Just popping in to say Hi.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Sunday cruise with nj gear heads 6/22. Meeting at Kevin's shop. Wicked Motorsports, 1m executive drive, toms river .9am.

Cars and coffee, moto business park, millstone nj. On 6/29. 400 Rilke dr, millstone twp. 8:30 am

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I would like to join in on something this weekend I'm finally off. BTW any of you recommend a place that I can bring my car to get rear diff,engine and trans fluid changed with me providing parts near NNJ?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I would like to join in on something this weekend I'm finally off. BTW any of you recommend a place that I can bring my car to get rear diff,engine and trans fluid changed with me providing parts near NNJ?

If you're near Lodi I know a place where they would take good care of your needs. Contact Captan Auto Repair and speak to my boy Vahan.

johncm

SLOW
Established Member
Sunday cruise with nj gear heads 6/22. Meeting at Kevin's shop. Wicked Motorsports, 1m executive drive, toms river .9am.

Cars and coffee, moto business park, millstone nj. On 6/29. 400 Rilke dr, millstone twp. 8:30 am

I'll be there one way or another. Can't wait to get my Mustang back:burnout:

Woody6799

Established Member
I wish, I'm working that day, plus I still need an alignment before I cruise on my new wheels... :nonono:

03cobraracer

Established Member
Idk how I missed this one! I'll be back in nj mid July from Germany finally after 3 years. Get to fully enjoy my baby again and go cruising. Definitely wanna hit up some meets before I go to my next duty station in Georgia in august. Got a bunch of goodies I gotta install still to sittin for me at home

Joey8

Established Member
So who was at the big daddy dyno day on here?

I was there (sgm 5.0). Highlight of the dyno day you ask??? HANDS DOWN carlos sitting in the trunk of his car on the dyno, i was dying haha. Great day overall!

I hope to make it down this sunday to the cruise at wicked motorsports. I have some big plans for the near near future.

I've been bugging the hell out of kevin for my next project ... hellion TT in the works, should be ordering the kit end of this week and looking to get the car down to wicked first week in July for the install as long as Kevin has a slot open for me!

Time for some boost!

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Idk how I missed this one! I'll be back in nj mid July from Germany finally after 3 years. Get to fully enjoy my baby again and go cruising. Definitely wanna hit up some meets before I go to my next duty station in Georgia in august. Got a bunch of goodies I gotta install still to sittin for me at home

Is your term almost up?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I was there (sgm 5.0). Highlight of the dyno day you ask??? HANDS DOWN carlos sitting in the trunk of his car on the dyno, i was dying haha. Great day overall!

I hope to make it down this sunday to the cruise at wicked motorsports. I have some big plans for the near near future.

I've been bugging the hell out of kevin for my next project ... hellion TT in the works, should be ordering the kit end of this week and looking to get the car down to wicked first week in July for the install as long as Kevin has a slot open for me!

Time for some boost!

Yeah man that trunk ordeal was quite entertaining for everyone on my account LOL! Good times!

Damn a Hellion TT kit?! That's a big project. You're gonna need some patience and money to get that accomplished. But the power and torque should be well worth it. At least that's what I heard from other TT cars. Can't wait to see the finished product though. If Kevin is handling the job, it'll definitely be an ass kicking beast with great street manners. He will take good care of you for sure. Hey if you're going to that cruise we should meet up. I just spoke to Kevin about it and will be heading down as well. Sounds like a fun time based on the last turnout.

Users who are viewing this thread