NMRA Bradenton

Kostas

Established Member
Who gets to the end first is all that matters :beer:

That's nice you have all that stock stuff, but how are you 10+ mph faster with an out of the box Stage 3 kit than Andy S. (rdsnk46) who had a smaller upper, larger lower and custom tuning? I think the timing equipment may need a look over at your track ;-)

It may be wheel spin....i had traped 134mph on 11.6 pass.....

ferrarokid

Established Member
It may be wheel spin....i had traped 134mph on 11.6 pass.....

Actually it bogged ..I was trying to get the two step set up & have a habit of resting my foot on the clutch, this was causing the two step fits .. I decided to drive it out the back end & see what it does ..

Last edited:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
That's nice you have all that stock stuff, but how are you 10+ mph faster with an out of the box Stage 3 kit than Andy S. (rdsnk46) who had a smaller upper, larger lower and custom tuning? I think the timing equipment may need a look over at your track

How ?

My car makes 851rwhp & 801 wtq ? ? @22.5lbs boost (i have a lower also) tuned by Jon l.
and your right the first to the stripe wins ..

no, track equipment is just fine.

If you spin tires. It adds MPH. That's a fact. Hook it up and then we can see how much power you have.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I also forgot to add that Andy uses nitrous... I don't get how you can have so much more mph with an "as delivered" kit when guys are spraying + using upper/lower pulleys and are not running the same MPH. Just taking the dyno out of it as that can vary with calibration, your MPH is pretty high. Even Evo with their car, built engine, high compression, 2" primary headers, etc etc only had a few MPH over you with their 2.8H. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just curious. Is the air REALLY that good in CT? What was your 60 ft on your best pass?

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I didn't realize being a SA was a way to support. But anyway i was just joking. I do that a lot. No secret there.

QUOTE] :beer: gotcha. My SA comment was directed at those saying that the guys who have helped move this community can't do something...

Last edited:

ferrarokid

Established Member
I also forgot to add that Andy uses nitrous... I don't get how you can have so much more mph with an "as delivered" kit when guys are spraying + using upper/lower pulleys and are not running the same MPH. Just taking the dyno out of it as that can vary with calibration, your MPH is pretty high. Even Evo with their car, built engine, high compression, 2" primary headers, etc etc only had a few MPH over you with their 2.8H. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just curious. Is the air REALLY that good in CT?

Actually I ran the car at atco (nj) ..

I have trz rear suspension, stock front struts with cj drag spring & no sway bar .. my car with me in it was around 3910 lbs with 6 gallons of c-16 in it .. the speed calculator was saying about 850 at the tire .. which is what the car has ..I also have 1 7/8 headers, no cats, bassani 3" exhaust, kb boostapump 74 lb injectors, aluminum d/s .. thats about it.

60 foot was in the 1.60's
I will post the time slip when I get back home. (when I ran in the low 10's the 60ft's were in the high 140's low 150's)

Not trying to bust balls, & (I know wheel spin will add some mph at the top end) just stating facts .. I will try and get out in the next week or so & back it up .. just starting warming up here & some of the tracks still have snow on them ! !

I hope to do it soon because, I would like to pull the engine out & make some changes ...

Last edited:

ferrarokid

Established Member
If you had 1.60 FT. Then it wasnt spinning bad enough to add MPH. Unless it broke lose in 2ND or 3RD

I was thinking the wot box was going to help. (and it prob will ), but the tracks here don't screw around .. he told me before I even moved the car "I better not see anything faster then a 11:50" I was like yes sir ! !

(closest track is at least 2 hours away) E-town.

Last edited:

sfadchi

Established Member
No pissing match here FerraroKid, but I would hardly call your set up an off the shelf KB Stage 3. Sounds like you got a ton of wheel spin, which I don't get much of anymore. I have a WOT box coming, it should help me with the E/T and MPH.

stanzione88

Established Member
I dont know why you guys say an auto car cannot be street driven... I daily drove my cobra with a C4 for over 6 months and was running low 6s in the 1/8th. I congratulate all of your 6 speed cars, i really think the 3 of you will go 8s, but out of 10 passes how many will be 8sec passes?
When you go 8s, just go auto please :bored:.

Good luck!

ferrarokid

Established Member
No pissing match here FerraroKid, but I would hardly call your set up an off the shelf KB Stage 3. Sounds like you got a ton of wheel spin, which I don't get much of anymore. I have a WOT box coming, it should help me with the E/T and MPH.

I think the wot will help, I just think I needed more then one or two passes to get it sorted out ..

It wasnt really off more then a 10th or so form the normal 60ft I have had .. also I have 7 passes to date so, I have a pretty good learning cure ahead .. You guys are no doubt running impressive numbers with a six speed .. If it were easy everybody would be doing it ! ! :burnout:

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
blaaa blaaa blaaa 10:45 @ 139mph kb with 3 inch, 100% stock motor

My point exactly. You guys have the same blower set-up but he is making 80-100 more RWHP than you are judging by his trap speed, just seems weird is all I'm saying. Maybe he has a freak car and blower?...

ferrarokid

Established Member
My point exactly. You guys have the same blower set-up but he is making 80-100 more RWHP than you are judging by his trap speed, just seems weird is all I'm saying. Maybe he has a freak car and blower?...

22.5 lbs of boost, race fuel (c-16), 3:73 gears, into the rev limiter 50 ft before the stripe 6500 rpm .. what else is there to say ? I also have the i/w lower & I think its the 2 5/8 upper or 2 3/4 .. I forget ! ! there are others that have made the same power with the same setup .. I'm using the kb meter, mafia, raven heat exchanger & radiator, 170 stat .. oh also using the 05 gt front brakes that allows me to use a 15" wheel ...

On evo's dyno it made 803, 775 with a pretty mild tune, I made some small adjustments to the tune & it picked up some power .. I have yet to run it since i screwed around with it a few weeks ago, due to the weather.

ferrarokid

Established Member
Also, you might take into account that the car is performance white with blue stripes ...

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
LOL, nice one Ferraro.

Also to note, I thought the Standard Stage 3 comes with the 3" pulley and anything smaller was not an "as delivered" stage 3 kit, that's where this mix-up is comparing your car to Kory's. Also, when you say stock engine, I was under the impression you also had the stock lower.

Last edited:

ferrarokid

Established Member
LOL, nice one Ferraro.

Here's the sad part .. 11 years ago in my 85 gt I was running mid 9's at 140 with $5000 351w & 250 nx plate .. I'm also pretty deep into a mistu evo 8 right now that makes over 1000whp, setting up for the standing mile/bonneville .. the great thing is it makes well over 1000whp, and should scale out around 2300 lbs ..

In case anybody gives a shit ! ! ( lol )

:beer:

Last edited:

ferrarokid

Established Member
LOL, nice one Ferraro.

Also to note, I thought the Standard Stage 3 comes with the 3" pulley and anything smaller was not an "as delivered" stage 3 kit, that's where this mix-up is comparing your car to Kory's. Also, when you say stock engine, I was under the impression you also had the stock lower.

Yeah, I think I can go one pulley size smaller & thats pretty much it ..
I'm about to pull the trigger and do the motor, cams & larger blower .. but I would like to run it in the 9's first .. Also was looking at the return style fuel system you guy's have .. looks like a nice setup ! !

ferrarokid

Established Member
:beer: Crap, I forgot to factor that in! Performance White is the fastest, I mean it has Performance in the name for gods sake! :beer:

Chris, now I remember why your car is so fast ! ! you have my headers on there ! ! (nice numbers by the way ! !) :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread