NMRA World Finals Beech Bend is a success!!! A new Record!!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was a weekend filled with ups and downs. Modular Depot hooked me up with a tune late friday to give the car some more juice.

Had some issues with the initial program and didn't get to run it on saturday.

This morning they got the bugs worked out, but unfortunately my open comp class was almost done running by the time i got everything loaded and working. I had to rush to the lanes as the class was half ran, and i had to run hot after a 30 minute drive with 0 cool down time.

the car still went a 13.17 with it's highest mph in the upper 104's. I figured my goal of 12's at the world finals was over. :(

I was positive the car would go 12'.s Ken from MD said to start cooling the car and he was going to try to get us a free run at some point to try to crack the 12's.

After 2 hours of cooling someone pointed out that the 1/4 mile bracket class hadn't run yet, i ran up and signed up for the class. I had to pick my e.t. so i said lets go right past the 9.s and go for 8's and dial a 12.89.

I was lined up next to a v6 2010 mustang. she went first as she was dialed in the 14's. she left, my light came down and i left.

At the big end I was about 2 cars ahead of her i think.. I said to myself. Either she ran horrible, or I did something right!!

Pulled to the tower. and
I was rewarded with a timeslip of a 12.75@108 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so frikin stoked and it made the whole weekend worthwhile. I had 10 hours of sleep in 3 days and was flat wore out, but it was definately worth it!

I really want to thank Ken and Modular Depot and all the people behind the scenes that helped get everything worked out on the tune!

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
GREAT times!!!! Please keep us posted with the modifications you have done, etc. So that the future buyers will have similar sucess with our new cars.

Beautiful car!

Mike

Was a weekend filled with ups and downs. Modular Depot hooked me up with a tune late friday to give the car some more juice.

Had some issues with the initial program and didn't get to run it on saturday.

This morning they got the bugs worked out, but unfortunately my open comp class was almost done running by the time i got everything loaded and working. I had to rush to the lanes as the class was half ran, and i had to run hot after a 30 minute drive with 0 cool down time.

the car still went a 13.17 with it's highest mph in the upper 104's. I figured my goal of 12's at the world finals was over. :(

I was positive the car would go 12'.s Ken from MD said to start cooling the car and he was going to try to get us a free run at some point to try to crack the 12's.

After 2 hours of cooling someone pointed out that the 1/4 mile bracket class hadn't run yet, i ran up and signed up for the class. I had to pick my e.t. so i said lets go right past the 9.s and go for 8's and dial a 12.89.

I was lined up next to a v6 2010 mustang. she went first as she was dialed in the 14's. she left, my light came down and i left.

At the big end I was about 2 cars ahead of her i think.. I said to myself. Either she ran horrible, or I did something right!!

Pulled to the tower. and

I was so frikin stoked and it made the whole weekend worthwhile. I had 10 hours of sleep in 3 days and was flat wore out, but it was definately worth it!

I really want to thank Ken and Modular Depot and all the people behind the scenes that helped get everything worked out on the tune!

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member

WOW!!! That was a HUGE step forward!!! :beer: Has there been any changes that I've missed since the 13.13 run??? Please keep us informed, the more I read the more I want one!!!

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Hey man that's awesome. I was one of the guys from Lexington, that was talking to you early Saturday about your old Cobra. Last time I saw you was in the staging lanes Saturday evening and you came up to me and was asking if I saw your run. You looked pretty dejected. Glad to see you got the tune lined out. 12.75!! that's crazy!

Congrats bro!

lightitup

Show and Go
Established Member
Congrats, I saw your 12sec pass and people in the stands were suprised. Your car looks great also :beer:

bpmurr

Established Member
Awesome! I remember people on Autoblog giving posters hell that thought this car was a tune away from the 12's. I think I need some SHO in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread