no 2004 cobras???

good4me

Established Member
i just called a local dealer and they said they are skipping the o4 cobra.

is this true or is he bsing me to get down there to get into what they have left over?

if this has been covered, sorry for the post, but im really interested in knowing this because im looking to get one in the next month or so.

Pyro

Established Member
Some sales people never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. One time I had a Ford Salesperson tell me he had to go check to see if the Cobra they had was an 03 or 02. I just told him not to waste his time as I already knew what it was and just get me a real salesperson. How can a person work as a salesman and not know that. I probably knew more about the complete 2003 Ford lineup than he did AND he worked there. Goes to show you ANYONE can be a car salesperson.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
yeah he is full of it. that is so stupid. i mean yes you are going to get a better deal on the 03s but if they are still selling at sticker just wait and get an 04

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was having a brain fart and thinking about the '05's. Either way, shop somewhere else.

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
i asked a salesman last year how much the mach 1's were going to be...... he told me they were 100,000 and that they were only gonna get one at the dealership, and that very few dealerships in houston were going to get them. :loser:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by svtang03
i asked a salesman last year how much the mach 1's were going to be...... he told me they were 100,000 and that they were only gonna get one at the dealership, and that very few dealerships in houston were going to get them. :loser:

Hard to mix up a MACH 1 and a Ford GT....He's a winner....

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by good4me
i just called a local dealer and they said they are skipping the o4 cobra.

is this true or is he bsing me to get down there to get into what they have left over?

if this has been covered, sorry for the post, but im really interested in knowing this because im looking to get one in the next month or so.

You should but a Cobra badge on your fender and tell him you want to trade in your 93 Cobra R. You never know.

nuxx

Established Member
My salesperson told me the vert they had on the showroom floor was a special SVT edition of the Cobra. I tried to tell him that every Cobra since 93 was an SVT Cobra, but it didn't sink in. I then told him my 10th Anniversary was more of a special car. He didn't believe me. I then showed him the SVT badge on the 01 I traded in, and he was confused. lol
-Peter

Last edited:

CobraTone

Established Member
Good lord. I'm glad I had a decent salesman. The only blooper he made was telling me that they didn't take trade-ins for the new Cobras. I was like, uhhhh, I'm pretty sure you do buddy. :idea:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd steer clear of this dealership if they don't even have a clue about 2004 Cobra production. LOL! Anyway, the last I heard the '04 Cobras were due in dealerships very soon. The Mystique paint isn't being done until mid December with deliveries after the holidays in January. All, of course, subject to change!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
good4me - I am from largo also. If you dont mind me asking, which dealer said that to you?

Daytona

Established Member
My salesguy in May '03 told me on the phone there was a $2500 rebate with the Cobra and they would also allow X plan pricing. Told him I would be there in 30 mins and hold the car. When I got there they would not honor the rebate (Ford did not have this on Cobra's in May, only std mustangs). But I got the X plan and closed the deal. I had been calling all over the state to find a sonic blue vert at X plan. This dealerhip told me 3 weeks earlier they would not do the X plan on Cobras. So his error, saved me some money.

Users who are viewing this thread