NO Fuel Pressure

NastyNate420

Established Member
Well I finished my engine build up and I went to crank it up and it wouldnt fire. Come to ind I dont have any fuel pressure but pump is priming. I changed out the pump and still no pressure but you can hear the pump kick on there is 12v at the Inertia switch and connector to the fuel pump.
There was one issue when I turned the key on at first after the build. There was an electrical BUZZ coming from the pass wheel well and I traced it to the wheel speed sensor(i think thats what it is) the connection wasnt clipped in correctly.
I checked the DTC codes and nothing popped up

Sorry I should Say Im getting the tinest pressure up at the rails . after a bunch of cycles it gets up near 10 psi

Last edited:

NastyNate420

Established Member
I have power to the FPDM 12v on the main power coming in ~2.8v on the blue /orange and 3.5v on the on the white wire and 6.5v on the pink/brn wire . I think those were the right number Ill check again tomorrow. thats with the key on.

MG0h3

Established Member
Not being an ass but the sock is submerged right? Like fuel level isn't too low or car jacked up still?

I don't really see another way, other than a blockage, to prevent you having fuel pressure. Still return less?

I could see something like that slipping your mind if it was apart a long time.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm not familiar with the FPDM voltages/operation

I'm switching to return next week. I'll do some voltage tests for basic knowledge and hopefully I can pass some info back to you.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
With the pressure gauge hooked up does the pressure stay at 10psi or does it drop when key is switched off?

NastyNate420

Established Member
Yeah it in my mach stock return fuel system. Still plenty of fuel left in tank. Pressure holds. Im gonna grap a FPDM from a junk yard and see what that does. I gone over all the connection and they look good. If a sensor wasnt hooked up it would should in the DTC on the engineering test mode correct ?

NastyNate420

Established Member
I tried to jump the pump to power it and and still nothing. From what I can gather the FPDM is doing its job so i didnt change it out. going to pull the tank again I guess.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Pulled the tank and when I turn the key on I get just a lil squirt of gas out . The resistance one the pump is .6ohms which I believe is good. I really dont what whats going one here. I tried to jump it from the FPDM and also from the connector for the pump . cant get it to pump for more than that initial squirt.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I was going to say blown frps but then I saw your last post.

Last edited:

NastyNate420

Established Member
Still havent figured this out. tried FRPS , FPDM, and tried a new pump again. there is a 1/4 tank of gas that should be enough right ? ? last ditch effort Im going to put more lil more gas in it.Its looking like im going to have to get it towed to a mechanic. Jus wish there was one around here I trusted. Ive talked to a few in the area and I know more about this then they do.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I'd throw some more gas in it and see what happens. I ran into a similar issue with mine when I had it tore apart. Mine was a tad lower than a quarter of a tank, I put in a few more gallons and everything was solved!

NastyNate420

Established Member
Well More gas in it and I hear the pump primes but I havent got a drop of gas at the rails .
Im going to check pressure at the hat again and then at the pump itself and he what is going on. I dont think its an electrical issue unless its in the tank. possible fuel line leaking inside the tank ? Ill give it till the end of the weekend then Im gonna have to get it tow to the shop .

NastyNate420

Established Member
Well Ive got good pressure up to the rails now! I sprayed so gas in the TB and got it to fire for a second. SO still fuel related. Hmmm I guess I have to go get a noid light or pull the fuel rail to make sure they are firing. I put my stock tune back in just in case. Ive bumped the compression up to 10.7:1 during the build but that is all thats changed...the tune should be good enough to get it fire up right ??

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if only compression changed i dont see how it wouldnt fire off. Plugs arent wet or anything right?

Users who are viewing this thread