no more whipple for gt500

Griffin

Established Member
Second, as far as pulling on the Shelby with an 03-04, don't even think about it, because whether the car has a twin screw or not isn't gonna matter much. The Shelby will have Ford GT heads and 5.4 liters of dispalcement, so whatever s/c Ford chooses is gonna make this car an absolute monster.

LOL.... I guess all 03-04 Cobras are stock....

MTI LS1

I heard that it will not be an Eaton M112 but and R112. Not really sure of the difference but obviously it must be a little bigger. As far as the GT500 beating 03's and 04's, bring it on. This car is becoming more and more of a disapointment. Honestly, I would rather have the last SVT Cobra. I feel like the Shelby is just a big publicity stunt.

JMD0346

Established Member
BigZach said:
I heard that it will not be an Eaton M112 but and R112. Not really sure of the difference but obviously it must be a little bigger. As far as the GT500 beating 03's and 04's, bring it on. This car is becoming more and more of a disapointment. Honestly, I would rather have the last SVT Cobra. I feel like the Shelby is just a big publicity stunt.

From what ive read its going to be an R"122". Which would be bigger but not by much. Porting would probably really wake it up though. I agree with ya about the GT500 and the dissapointment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but I think we own the best SVT ever made. Just the weight of the new Cobra is enough to turn me off. I thought with the new chassis design it would have been lighter. I think ford really dropped the ball on the new chassis. I mean they are talking 3850lbs.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Holy **** could people be a little more gay about this car, more specifically the motor? :rolleyes:

03/04= 4.6L roots blown 4v. Oh my god! I can't stop jerking off at how ****ing awesome it is and easy it is to get power out of these things! Don't even bother talking about these cars stock because we all know everyone mods the shit out of them, and even if they don't, minor mods yield major gains! :coolman:

GT500= 5.4L roots blown 4v. What a ****ing joke. That thing will get it's ass handed to it by all the Terminators on the street. Everyone knows GT500 owners don't mod their cars, and how could you mod that sack of shit motor anyhow? I mean ****, GT heads, a slightly larger blower and an extra .8 liters is sooooo gay, and useless for power. :rolleyes: Pulley for pulley, exhaust for exhaust, intake for intake, the 5.4 will always, and I mean always, win.

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a group of vaginas get so sandy in my entire life over what is essentially the same product, with what is UNQUESTIONABLY a bigger, more powerful motor with the EXACT SAME MODDING POTENTIAL. Not only is it ultra rice, it's flat out the gayest, most-illogical, I-failed-sandbox-in-1st-grade argument in the world to say the previous model with a slightly smaller displacement motor is going to somehow trump the new car's power potential.

It's incomprehensible to me, besides the fact the car isn't EVEN OUT YET. When it comes out, and the EXACT same mods that yielded 480wrhp yield 530rwhp on the GT500, what are people gonna whine about then? Christ almighty kids, get a grip.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little emotional right now. :lol1:

Last edited:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

nikemason said:
Whatever the new GT500 will be a huge disappointment once buyers realize it gets whipped by most of the 03/04 owners out there already.

Bro, you must be kidding or on some serious drugs. 5.4L, GTsupercar heads, GT forged internals, Twin screw S/C, and vastly improved intake and exhaust, and SRA. The only way you're gonna hang is with tons of bolt-ons and a KB or whipple S/C. This car stock will kill most 03-04's unless their heavily modded. You've gotta remember, with the added displacement and better flowing heads it's gonna have more torque and HP throughout the powerband. You guys are to hung up on peak HP.

I love 03-04 Cobras and wish I had one. I just sold my 99 Cobra beast and hated to do it, but I went through 5 t-45's and was going on my 6th, plus it burned oil. Otherwise, I would of kept her, it was a awesome N/A car.

It sucks not to have a Cobra right now :cryying: , and I'm tempted to buy an 03-04 and mod it a little, but then I think about the Shelby and 550rwhp with a few mods and I decide to wait a year :pepper: . Man it really sucks, these cars are so much fun and when you don't have one anymore it feels like there is a void in your life. You guys may think I'm weird, but try selling your Cobra and see how depressed you'll get :( . I'm gonna keep that Shelby till I'm 50, and then maybe buy another one. Man, don't sell your Cobra unless you really have to, because I feel like I just broke up with my girlfriend. I hope the good Lord lets me keep my Shelby as long as I can drive hard and I hope I don't have any drivetrain problems like my 99 did. I've heard those T-56 trannys are bulletproof.

99 Cobra sold 6-25-05. Gone :cryying: but not forgotten.
Saving for the Shelby.

Last edited:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

DBK said:
Holy **** could people be a little more gay about this car, more specifically the motor? :rolleyes:

03/04= 4.6L roots blown 4v. Oh my god! I can't stop jerking off at how ****ing awesome it is and easy it is to get power out of these things! Don't even bother talking about these cars stock because we all know everyone mods the shit out of them, and even if they don't, minor mods yield major gains! :coolman:

GT500= 5.4L roots blown 4v. What a ****ing joke. That thing will get it's ass handed to it by all the Terminators on the street. Everyone knows GT500 owners don't mod their cars, and how could you mod that sack of shit motor anyhow? I mean ****, GT heads, a slightly larger blower and an extra .8 liters is sooooo gay, and useless for power. :rolleyes: Pulley for pulley, exhaust for exhaust, intake for intake, the 5.4 will always, and I mean always, win.

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a group of vaginas get so sandy in my entire life over what is essentially the same product, with what is UNQUESTIONABLY a bigger, more powerful motor with the EXACT SAME MODDING POTENTIAL. Not only is it ultra rice, it's flat out the gayest, most-illogical, I-failed-sandbox-in-1st-grade argument in the world to say the previous model with a slightly smaller displacement motor is going to somehow trump the new car's power potential.

It's incomprehensible to me, besides the fact the car isn't EVEN OUT YET. When it comes out, and the EXACT same mods that yielded 480wrhp yield 530rwhp on the GT500, what are people gonna whine about then? Christ almighty kids, get a grip.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little emotional right now. :lol1:

Job well done, my sentiments exactly. I've been trying to say this all along but Cobra owners have a lot of ego(like myself) and don't like it when their car is not top dog anymore. The Shelby may not be faster then anything on the road, but it will be faster than 99.9% of anything on the street and the track(factory mod class)for that matter. :pop:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
off-topic...

from ultra-reliable sources:

GT heads, yes

GT camshafts, no

Last edited:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

sambandit said:
Let us remember that they are talking about not making the Shelby a forged motor which will make it a scary proposition trying to squeeze extra power outta it. The ONLY reason our Terminators handle the mods so well is because of the strong bottom end. Try to bolt on 100-200 extra HP on a regular setup and blower that sucka sky high...

You are greatly "MISINFORMED" :bash: , READ the info on the GT500, not only will it be forged, but they are using GT supercar parts. Why would Ford S/C a 5.4L motor (with GT heads and internals) that is making 475-500HP and not forge the bottom end. Illogical my friend, simoly illogical. Do some reading, basically you're getting a GT supercar motor with a cast Iron block and a slightly inferior s/c.

jshen

Established Member
Damn...DBK

I'm sorry, but I'm a little emotional right now.

Don't hold back...tell how your really feel. :lol: It these moments that I suggest a wee bit of alcohol...so you don't stroke out...We need you where you're at.. :thumbsup:

I'm going to buy one...cause I'm an old fart and may not be around for the next.... :banana:

gonein60

Banned
Bitchen Cobra

BigZach said:

Hey bro, you have an awesome blue Cobra, man I wish I had that car. What size tires are those. I wouldn't sell that car for a long while, that is one of the best badass Cobras I've ever seen :thumbsup: . If I had your car and the new Shelbys come out I would still wait. The great thing is you have an awesome bad ass muscle machine you can drive for a couple more years till the Shelby hype comes down and you'll be able to get one cheaper. I, on the other hand don't have my Cobra anymore and will probably buy the first run of Shelbys, which means I'll be paying a little more than everybody else. Although, my service manager promised me he would get me a Shelby at invoice or close to it. The reason was because I went through 5 t-45 trannys and a lot of hassle, so he told me he would take care of me with the new Shelby. Only time will tell if he keeps his word.

99 Cobra sold 6-25-05. Gone :cryying: but not forgotten.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
gone in 60, im in the same boat as u, i have a 99 still that i love but with constant tranny problems and i just dont know what to do anymore...but i am gona get a gt500, if they will sell it to me for sticker. what if dealers want like 50k?????

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
SCMod46 said:
Are the internals of the GT500 really not forged?
I would really like to know myself! Where are you guys hearing this from? Link please! That'll suck if it isn't. TTT

:pop:

R1Lello

Established Member
:)

Sometimes this board ticks me off. So many rumours, so little facts about this new car and sooooo many 03/04 whiners.

Hey guys, no one is cutting up your cars are they??? Yes I have a GT500 on order, and yes I will modify it slightly for more.
Give me a break guys, do you really think Ford will bring out this car and it won't outperform the 03/04?? C'mon, get a grip. Would you guys have been happy if your 03 didn't come out better than the previous generation?? Do you think the buyers for the GT500 would flock to the dealers only to find out/read the previous generation was better??? It HAS to be better, that's how it works. Better brakes, more cubes, bigger S/C, new/better chassis, T-56 tranny, re-inforced diff, etc........

Don't even compare all of your modded cobras, we comparing stock to stock here, the sky is the limit with mods so it's how much you want to spend as there will always be someone faster than you.

Or???, are you guys pissed knowing it will be better, or pissed you'd like to get one but for some reasons can't??? Lay off a little will you. Geez..............

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:)

Sometimes this board ticks me off. So many rumours, so little facts about this new car and sooooo many 03/04 whiners.

Hey guys, no one is cutting up your cars are they??? Yes I have a GT500 on order, and yes I will modify it slightly for more.
Give me a break guys, do you really think Ford will bring out this car and it won't outperform the 03/04?? C'mon, get a grip. Would you guys have been happy if your 03 didn't come out better than the previous generation?? Do you think the buyers for the GT500 would flock to the dealers only to find out/read the previous generation was better??? It HAS to be better, that's how it works. Better brakes, more cubes, bigger S/C, new/better chassis, T-56 tranny, re-inforced diff, etc........

Don't even compare all of your modded cobras, we comparing stock to stock here, the sky is the limit with mods so it's how much you want to spend as there will always be someone faster than you.

Or???, are you guys pissed knowing it will be better, or pissed you'd like to get one but for some reasons can't??? Lay off a little will you. Geez..............

Being heavier, uglier, less agile and less areodynamic isn't better in my book! :nonono:

R1Lello

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Being heavier, uglier, less agile and less areodynamic isn't better in my book! :nonono:

Well let me see, heavier?? Yours is not that light either
Less agile, you don't know that yet Kreskin, too early yet
Less aerodynamic(I spelled it right, you didn't), you don't know that either
Uglier?? This is your opinion isn't it??, and you have that right, but many people are tired of your body style too, time for a change.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:

Better power to weight.
Subjective.
Better skidpad, better slalom, enormously better braking.
Unknown.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
R1Lello said:
Well let me see, heavier?? Yours is not that light either
Less agile, you don't know that yet Kreskin, too early yet
Less aerodynamic(I spelled it right, you didn't), you don't know that either
Uglier?? This is your opinion isn't it??, and you have that right, but many people are tired of your body style too, time for a change.
AERODYNAMIC b*tch, happy? You canadian guys get raped on prices anyway. :loser:

Get off Shelby's D I C K!
tagteam.gif

R1Lello

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
AERODYNAMIC b*tch, happy? You canadian guys get raped on prices anyway. :loser:

Get off Shelby's D I C K!
tagteam.gif

:read: Loser!! we get raped?? seems like we pay as high as msrp, and some u.s. dealers are charging markup so who is getting raped b*tch??

Let's not make this a u.s. vs Canada thing buddy

Users who are viewing this thread