no more whipple for gt500

Fast Willy

Established Member
Ford has decided that they are not going to put a twin screw on the new shelby gt500. Because whipple is having to many problems getting there compressor housings ford decided to stay with the eaton. I believe its going to be the m112.

Yes I know this sucks but hey look at the bright side. It will just be a little easier for the 03/04 to pull on them a little more lol.

fr03cobra

Established Member
yea, the Ford GT was suppose to have a whipple too and it's running a eaton as well.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Is there any validity to this statement? Who or what is your source for this?

try finding a whipple for your cobra right now there are many places that have them on back order right now just because whipple is having a problem getting the compressor housings.

Ford didnt want to deal with this issue and knows that eaton will supply them with as many as they need no problems.

JMD0346

Established Member
According to C&D its a eaton M122 in the new Cobra. The Ford GT has the lysholm twin screw which is supposed to be the manufacturer of the "Whipple". I dont know where you heard the GT ran an eaton.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The GT runs an eaton twin screw (yes the Lysholm twin screw is manufactured by Eaton). The GT500 was supposed to run this same twin screw but word has it that it will use the roots instead. Go to the GT500 section, this has been discussed forever now.

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

SCMod46 said:
Ford has decided that they are not going to put a twin screw on the new shelby gt500. Because whipple is having to many problems getting there compressor housings ford decided to stay with the eaton. I believe its going to be the m112.

Yes I know this sucks but hey look at the bright side. It will just be a little easier for the 03/04 to pull on them a little more lol.

First of all, I don't believe any rumors till I see the BEAST in JAN 06. Second, as far as pulling on the Shelby with an 03-04, don't even think about it, because whether the car has a twin screw or not isn't gonna matter much. The Shelby will have Ford GT heads and 5.4 liters of dispalcement, so whatever s/c Ford chooses is gonna make this car an absolute monster. The motor was almost 550hp before Ford decided to detune it, and the only reason it's being detuned is because Ford doesn't want to piss off all the Ford GT super-car owners, and to keep the price in the high 30's.

I've got 10k saved for the car, and should have 20k by the time it comes out.

Can't wait, 550HP Shelby(with a few minor mods)here I come.

Remember, you can't misplace displacement for TORQUE and POWER baby. :pepper:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
interesting, we'll see what happens......

gonein60: though it is a supercharged 5.4, don't think it is gonna shove us terminator owners to the side

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting development. Regardless of what blower Ford installs, you know that within a year of introduction we'll see a Kenne Bell and Whipple blower offered. The new Shelby GT500 is definitely going to be a beast -- even with an M112.

Whatever the new GT500 will be a huge disappointment once buyers realize it gets whipped by most of the 03/04 owners out there already.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I no the displacemnet is there and they have the ability to make crazy power with it being a 4v head. I just cant wait til I build my engine with a gt block and all. 5.4 here I come.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Let us remember that they are talking about not making the Shelby a forged motor which will make it a scary proposition trying to squeeze extra power outta it. The ONLY reason our Terminators handle the mods so well is because of the strong bottom end. Try to bolt on 100-200 extra HP on a regular setup and blower that sucka sky high...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
sambandit said:
Let us remember that they are talking about not making the Shelby a forged motor which will make it a scary proposition trying to squeeze extra power outta it. The ONLY reason our Terminators handle the mods so well is because of the strong bottom end. Try to bolt on 100-200 extra HP on a regular setup and blower that sucka sky high...
Wow, supercharger but no forged internals or am I missing something?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Wow, supercharger but no forged internals or am I missing something?

I wouldn't concern myself with that Stang...that is very hard to believe. Look at the hp levels they are talking about stock. I would just about die if this thing isn't as bullet proof as the Terminator.

Has anyone noticed the pulley on the blower of those things? It's an all together different set up than ours. Looks like it has some sort of clutch on it like an a/c compressor. Wonder what's up with that?

Any ideas Doug?

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I was not interested in the 500. Hey if this thing has a Gt40 motor in it. and I get 600Whp with a few boltons I maybe all about that!

dougwg

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I wouldn't concern myself with that Stang...that is very hard to believe. Look at the hp levels they are talking about stock. I would just about die if this thing isn't as bullet proof as the Terminator.

Has anyone noticed the pulley on the blower of those things? It's an all together different set up than ours. Looks like it has some sort of clutch on it like an a/c compressor. Wonder what's up with that?

Any ideas Doug?

all the pic's that I have seen have been of the prototype...

we'll just have to wait and see...

Users who are viewing this thread