no more whipple for gt500

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Dude, you don't even own a Terminator so WTF do you know? nada! U.S vs. Canada?!?! Where the f*ck did that come from? I guess I touched your feminine side on that one! :kaboom: Quit polishing Carroll Shelby's knob. :loser:

R1Lello

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Dude, you don't even own a Terminator so WTF do you know? nada! U.S vs. Canada?!?! Where the f*ck did that come from? I guess I touched your feminine side on that one! :kaboom: Quit polishing Carroll Shelby's knob. :loser:

Tell you what, since you're so keen on your car, I'll race your fastest toy against my fastest?? Yup, enough said............

You're to immature for this one, over and out!!! oh, and since you're a jerk with the name calling, I'm be one now...........your gas cap is for ricers!! Other than that, you do have a nice car. I'll withhold the namecalling........... Grow up

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
R1Lello said:
Tell you what, since you're so keen on your car, I'll race your fastest toy against my fastest?? Yup, enough said............

You're to immature for this one, over and out!!! oh, and since you're a jerk with the name calling, I'm be one now...........you gas cap is for ricers!! Other than that, you do have a nice car. I'll withhold the namecalling........... Grow up

Good.

This section really shold just be named "bitching", or at least should have a GT500 smackdown subforum... :rollseyes

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
R1Lello said:

You're to immature for this one, over and out!!! oh, and since you're a jerk with the name calling, I'm be one now...........you gas cap is for ricers!! Other than that, you do have a nice car. I'll withhold the namecalling........... Grow up
QUIT WHINING! You wish you could have my car. My fuel door is fine by me and everyone else that's seen it. Don't hate on me because I'm the only one with it. When the f*ck have you seen a ricer with a fuel door like mine? :shrug: Hush!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
There are some terminator owners on this thread who are really up in arms. :shrug:

Okay, so the GT500 will have a bigger engine and better cylinders heads and maybe even better camshafts yet the Terminator is still gonna beat the shit out of these things?? :bs:

That has to be THE gayest argument I've ever heard on a Ford forum. Take that shit over to one of the import sites.

The torque curve on the 5.4 will own any 4.6 with similar mods the same as the torque curve on my 347 will own any 302 with similar mods. So go ahead and keep your modded Terminator and when the GT500s hit in a little over a year go and see how you fair at the track against a modded one. Make sure you film it so we can all laugh while your rear wheels hop for the first 100 feet.

I love Terminators and think they're awesome but this GT500 will simply have more.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
93 347 Cobra, I'll leave it alone! R1Lello, anytime you wanna do it again meet me in the smackdown forum so I can b*tch slap that a$$ again. :lol:

R1Lello

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
93 347 Cobra, I'll leave it alone! R1Lello, anytime you wanna do it again meet me in the smackdown forum so I can b*tch slap that a$$ again. :lol:

:dw:

Maybe another time, I'm too sore from your internet slaps........ :loser:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:dw:

Maybe another time, I'm too sore from your internet slaps........ :loser:
jerkit.gif

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
DBK said:
This section really shold just be named "bitching", or at least should have a GT500 smackdown subforum... :rollseyes
That's funny.

Wasn't this thread about the confirmation of the roots blower in the GT500? If it was, my .02 about the whole thing is that Ford knows what they are doing and will take care of its customers. LOL, my fingers are crossed.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
DBK said:
Holy **** could people be a little more gay about this car, more specifically the motor? :rolleyes:

03/04= 4.6L roots blown 4v. Oh my god! I can't stop jerking off at how ****ing awesome it is and easy it is to get power out of these things! Don't even bother talking about these cars stock because we all know everyone mods the shit out of them, and even if they don't, minor mods yield major gains! :coolman:

GT500= 5.4L roots blown 4v. What a ****ing joke. That thing will get it's ass handed to it by all the Terminators on the street. Everyone knows GT500 owners don't mod their cars, and how could you mod that sack of shit motor anyhow? I mean ****, GT heads, a slightly larger blower and an extra .8 liters is sooooo gay, and useless for power. :rolleyes: Pulley for pulley, exhaust for exhaust, intake for intake, the 5.4 will always, and I mean always, win.

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a group of vaginas get so sandy in my entire life over what is essentially the same product, with what is UNQUESTIONABLY a bigger, more powerful motor with the EXACT SAME MODDING POTENTIAL. Not only is it ultra rice, it's flat out the gayest, most-illogical, I-failed-sandbox-in-1st-grade argument in the world to say the previous model with a slightly smaller displacement motor is going to somehow trump the new car's power potential.

It's incomprehensible to me, besides the fact the car isn't EVEN OUT YET. When it comes out, and the EXACT same mods that yielded 480wrhp yield 530rwhp on the GT500, what are people gonna whine about then? Christ almighty kids, get a grip.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little emotional right now. :lol1:

Well said :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
There are some terminator owners on this thread who are really up in arms. :shrug:

Okay, so the GT500 will have a bigger engine and better cylinders heads and maybe even better camshafts yet the Terminator is still gonna beat the shit out of these things?? :bs:

That has to be THE gayest argument I've ever heard on a Ford forum. Take that shit over to one of the import sites.

The torque curve on the 5.4 will own any 4.6 with similar mods the same as the torque curve on my 347 will own any 302 with similar mods. So go ahead and keep your modded Terminator and when the GT500s hit in a little over a year go and see how you fair at the track against a modded one. Make sure you film it so we can all laugh while your rear wheels hop for the first 100 feet.

I love Terminators and think they're awesome but this GT500 will simply have more.

I agree with you. Every newer generation Cobra has been better than the last. This thing is gonna have 450+ hp (probably closer to 500) on a much improved platform. :rockon:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Hey DBK, yet again I fell out of my chair laughing at you... I love when you unload. I get a mental picture of this guy with a really red face, exposed veins in his neck and that "I am about to have a heart attack from anger" look on his face.

Anytime you are in either Atlanta or Auburn, give me a shout beers are on me. Besides my buddy with the EB 03 Z06 wants to see your car in person.

FriscoCobra

Established Member
I don't know why people argue about a car that is not out yet. I sure as hell hope that the gt500 is a better car than the terminator . Considering it is 4 model years newer than the 03. Personally I'm not gonna buy an 07 cobra but I'm already thinking about an 08 if its a good car. Lets face it Ford has to put in the car what is profitible. They are not gonna put a gt motor in a mustang and sell it for 40k. Even if they did (for arguments sake) Have you guys heard the problems they are having with those things? That is why I would not want an 07. They always have to work out the kinks the first model year and besides that I'm not paying any dealer markup.

Brad

Banned
nikemason said:
Whatever the new GT500 will be a huge disappointment once buyers realize it gets whipped by most of the 03/04 owners out there already.

LOL, so you think a 5.4 twin screw making 450 stock isn't going to respond well to a pulley? It will walk basic bolton 03s as it sits in the showroom is my guess basics it will run with a kenne bell cobra pretty easy.

As for it not having forged internals and a twin screw.. svt.ford.com says it's going to have all of that, I don't remember anyone planning on putting a whipple on it in the first place, it was always suppost to have the gt twin scew.. eh.. I'll be buying one if they come to the table with the specs they're posting on svt.ford.com

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
DBK said:
Good.

:lol1: :beer:

if you remember, I brought that concept up before......it isn't something that we should need to do and frankly, I'm getting tired of all this negativity

we're lucky they're building the car at all.....that being said, I see nothing wrong with discussing our desires in a mature forum without personal attacks, vicious sarcasm and childish tantrums :bored:

Brad said:
LOL, so you think a 5.4 twin screw making 450 stock isn't going to respond well to a pulley? It will walk basic bolton 03s as it sits in the showroom is my guess basics it will run with a kenne bell cobra pretty easy.

As for it not having forged internals and a twin screw.. svt.ford.com says it's going to have all of that, I don't remember anyone planning on putting a whipple on it in the first place, it was always suppost to have the gt twin scew.. eh.. I'll be buying one if they come to the table with the specs they're posting on svt.ford.com

who gives a shit if it's 5.4 liters? it's like arguing that there are 2.0 4 bangers that whip KB cobras as well, so what's your point?

By the way, It's NOT a twin screw! Good lord! Have you not been paying attention, it's an eaton. They were planning to put a twin screw on it and even made reports but after all said and done they are going with the eaton. I have real big doubts of this car beating a bolt-on 03/04 cobra off the showroom floor because of it's power to weight ratio. so what if it has 450hp? It weighs 3900lbs lmao... sooo the Dodge RAM SRT-10 has 500+ factory so does that mean it will beat a 390hp 03/04 cobra stock? wrong....you need to look at other things besides "HP and TQ" sometimes they just don't matter ya know....

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Boy, do I ever agree with DBK. What a bunch of whining babies.

Some of you would do yourself a favor, and read the post that DBK made on another GT500 thread. In that post, he very plainly explained why it will have an Eaton instead of the twin screw. To sum it up in one sentence.......... its because there are shortages of twin screw blowers already, without Ford needing 7000 a year !!!!!

Nobody has said that a bone stock GT500 is going to trounce a full on modded Terminator. That would be assinine. Just like a stock Terminator couldn't beat fully modified 2001 Cobra's. Gee, what a revelation !!!! A bone stock something can't beat a fully modified something. :rolleyes: Just that, for every mod a Terminator can make, the GT500 will also be able to make. However, instead of starting with a 4.6, they are starting with a 5.4. Thus, every mod should give incremently better results with the larger engine.

This isn't rocket science people.

BTW, the 03/04 Cobra Coupe weighs 3665lbs. I'm trying to figure out how 3850lbs (if that is correct), is soooooooo much heavier. Yes it is heavy, but it isn't SRT8 heavy (4200lbs). Anyone who is expecting this larger, much stiffer platform, able to meet 2007/8 crash regulations, 5.4L instead of 4.6L, bigger wheels/tires and brakes car to weigh the same or less than the 03/04 Cobra Coupe, needs to put down the pipe.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I'm also getting tired of people (who shall remain nameless), who a couple months ago were asking the most basic car questions, yet are now some kind of "expert" arguing with those who have vast knowledge :poke:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Okay, in an effort to get this thread back on track, the latest news to anyone's knowledge (unless I've mised something) is that the GT500 will come with an Eaton S/Cer, yes, but it will NOT be an "M112" Eaton, but an "R122" which I believe is significantly bigger than the M112 is, and therefore will provide more power given the same boost level of the 4th generation M112. The M112 is a 1.7L S/Cer, and the R122 will be a 2.2L. So I think that going from a 1.7L S/Cer displacement to a 2.2L displacement will make for a considerable acceleration increase, just as I'm sure that a Kenne Belle 2.2L S/Cer is more potent than the 1.7L Kenne Belle is. Right? Not to mention that the R122 I believe is of the Eaton "RADIX" design which is the 5th generation Eaton line, and must have some additional refinements (go to the Magnuson website which is Eaton's aftermarket distributor).

And with a broader powerband of the 5.4L engine (just look at the torque numbers of a stock Ford Lightning) as well as the GT supercar cylinder heads, this car should really move right off of the showroom floor the way it is. Another thing is that besides all of that, the latest news is that the R122 Eaton will be set-up to pump out 10 PSI from the factory rather than the previous boost pressure of 8-8.5 PSI.

Brad

Banned
nikemason said:
who gives a shit if it's 5.4 liters? it's like arguing that there are 2.0 4 bangers that whip KB cobras as well, so what's your point?

It's bigger displacement Mr. Wizard, if it's built as well as the cobra motor, which I've heard it's going to be, then you should be able to run gobs of boost on it just like our cars. Explain to me how a 4.6 is going to be superior? And I'm not arguing about 2.0 motors, I'm arguing about a ford 4.6 vs a ford 5.4, both blown, both built in the same place, both having been honed for years and years and years.. One has more potential and it isn't the 4.6.

nikemason said:
It's NOT a twin screw! Good lord! Have you not been paying attention, it's an eaton.

Have I been paying attention to the 3rd party info in this forum? No not really, I get my info direct from SVT reps.. thanks though... You do realize there are twin screw blowers labled, "eaton," only makes sense since half the parts in those Lysholm blowers are eaton built. Maybe what you're trying to say is, "they're going to use a roots?" Even if it does use a roots bet your butt it's not going to use a m112. Not sure the search function goes back far enough, but see who was one of the first people on this board to start posting about the, "terminator," in 2001, I still get my info from the same guy. :D

nikemason said:
They were planning to put a twin screw on it and even made reports but after all said and done they are going with the eaton. I have real big doubts of this car beating a bolt-on 03/04 cobra off the showroom floor because of it's power to weight ratio. so what if it has 450hp? It weighs 3900lbs

3900 pounds? Who told you that? A mustang GT tips the scale at something like 3300-3400 which I've seen first person, so are they using depleted uranium rods for sub frames on the gt500 or something?

nikemason said:
wrong....you need to look at other things besides "HP and TQ" sometimes they just don't matter ya know....

Right like the superior interior, stance, breaking system, rear suspension, motor etc etc etc.. yes the 5.4 is superior to the 4.6 unless ford decides to rig the motor for explosion, which they won't. The 5.4 isn't a new project... Ford isn't going to make this car without a built bottom end! You do realize the first shake down runs on the 05 platform yielded superior performance over the 99+ stangs.. which they've been honing since.. well 99..Pretty good indicator the car is worlds better than the previous model.

Either way don't want to get into a heated argument over it.. but the 5.4 is a superior motor over the 4.6.. and the new platform is superior to the previous..

I mean sure it might not have built internals, be running an eaton m90, have a 3650 tranny.. I'm just telling you what I've been told it will have, which pretty much falls into accord with what we all thought in the first place.. We'll see though.. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread