NorCal SVTPerformance Holiday Group Ride!

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
NOTE: We are now meeting at the Sandy Relief effort Car Show in San Jose. I've provided the adress below. Apparently there will be a nice muscle car show going on on the morning of the event and what better place to meet up than this. Here is the link to information on the car show event:

Home Page

From here we will proceed to the rest of the group drive and we can all end the route here as well. It will be a blast!

Because of the success of the last event, and at the request of numerous Muscle Car enthusiasts in here at SVTP and out, I am organizing another Group Drive to celebrate American Muscle, and the holiday Season! For this drive, we will make it more convenient for the people who live in the South Bay since the last ride was tailored for those who lived in the North Bay. Here is the low down:

BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! I WILL BE GOING WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER AND GIRLFRIEND, THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGED EVENT! IT WILL BE A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE. BRING YOUR KIDS, YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER OR JUST A BUDDY! THE MORE THE MERRIER

Who: Anyone and everyone who wants to enjoy a sunday morning drive with other Muscle Car enthusiasts. Bring your any or all of your friendsFamily members are encouraged to come along , they always take the best pictures and it helps them understand why we love our cars so much!

What: This drive is simply a holiday celebration of AMERICAN MUSCLE with family, friends and Muscle Car enthusiasts!

Where: We have two route options for this drive.

If you plan on attending, post up ,"I'm attending" and right next to it, put the route option that you prefer. "1" or "2" If you are impartial, just pick one. ALSO, PM ME YOUR NUMBER SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU TEXT UPDATES AND CALL YOU IN CASE YOU MAY BE RUNNING LATE TRYING TO SHOW UP TO THE EVENT. I will PM you my number upon receiving yours.

Route 1: Mt. Hamilton, this one will be to the Lick Observatory for some nice views and pictures, then back the same way to a great local restaurant. This is a decent drive with little traffic and a lot of turns. Short and Sweet with good food to eat!

750 Ridder Park Dr, San Jose, CA 95131 to Mount Hamilton Grandview Restaurant - Google Maps Hurrican Sandy Relief effort Car Show to Mount Hamilton Grandview Restaurant - Google Maps[/url]

This route will definitely test our cornering skills, and give us some of the best scenery Northern Cali has to offer.

Route 2: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. This is always a popular one. The 35 highway gives us some great sweepers and being that it's the winter season, I'm guessing the 35 will have less traffic. Our food stop is THE BBQ spot in Santa Cruz and our final destination is the Boardwalk. I did this because Boardwalk food is not cheap!

Starbucks to santa cruz boardwalk - Google Maps

When:Sunday, December 16, 2012. We will be meeting at 750 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA at 9:00am and again, we will be leaving at 10am sharp!

For the Guys in the San Francisco Bay Area, a bunch of us will be meeting at 7:45 am at:

Starbucks
1212 El Camino Real
San Bruno, CA 94066

and we will be leaving at 8:15am and heading down to the main meet up spot (Hurricane Sandy Relief effort Car Show) as a group. If you are interested in driving down with us, please be at in San Bruno promptly. If you are late, no worries. We'll meet you in San Jose.

Why?: :bash: Because it will be a good freaking time! :rockon:

For this Event, there are 5 of us that will be working together to make sure you guys and gals will have a good time and that you get plenty of photos of you and your Baby. Here's the list of us.

1. Sal aka Fabman302
Action Camera Man/Free Rider - Sal will be in contact with me via walkie talkie and he will have his GoPro mounted on his car and he will literally be driving circles around our group whenever possible just to get video coverage of the whole thing!

DSC_0581 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

378927_10150414702133535_1308595211_n by eric-ufc, on Flickr

2. Reygen aka Arbs
Road Captain/Group Monitor - Reygen will work with me to keep the group together so that no one gets lost. He will be driving dead center in the group so that if anyone has any immediate problems that come up, they can let him know immediately. He will keep an eye out for anyone who may run into any sort of emergency during travel. He will report to me if anyone decides to act stupid to the point where they endanger any of our participants.

DSC_0583 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

2012111895154137.jpg

3. Alex aka NorCal_03Cobra
Road Captain/Scouter - Alex will be working with me in keeping the group together along with Reygen and Alex will also be driving fairly ahead of the pack from time to time to see if there are any Police men that are in the area. He will only do this during open highways so that we can do some flybys for Sal's camera. :rockon:

DSC_0576 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

6239538981_dc9f10a064_b by eric-ufc, on Flickr

4. Rob aka
MysticRob

Road Guard - Rob will be in communication with the rest of the team, including myself to lead the group throughout the trip from the rear. I will be in direct communication with Rob if any lane changes need to be made, and Rob will be the first one in the new lane in order to clear up the lane for the rest of us. He will be bringing up the rear so that in the event the group gets split in half, he will lead the group that has fallen behind back to the rest of the group.

DSC_0586 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

20121118951542180.jpg

5. Eric (Me) aka Redfire_USMC

Event Coordinator/Group Food Addict - I'm simply going to be one of the guys you should look for if you need info or confirmation with anything regarding the event. I'm the guy who wishes he was driving your awesome car!!!

DSC_0577 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

Redfirerolling3 by eric-ufc, on Flickr

SEE YOU GUYS AND GALS THERE!

Last edited:

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
Another awesome event...Can't wait!

I think Route 1 would be fun.
Its longer, probably has more twisties and the mountains in winter look better than the beach does in winter, so I'm going to have to go with that.

Other opinions?
I'm good either way, I'm just happy to hang with a bunch of cool people with cool cars.

Last edited:

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
Looks like a good plan!

I might have a buddy coming along as well, although that's tentative

EDIT: After looking at Sal's post I am up for either route as well, I just haven't been to Santa Cruz in a while. The mountain drive does look like it is a bit longer, has more corners and would be a change of scenery from our last drive

Last edited:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Another awesome event...Can't wait!

I think Route 1 would be fun.
Its longer, probably has more twisties and the mountains in winter look better than the beach does in winter, so I'm going to have to go with that.

Other opinions?
I'm good either way, I'm just happy to hang with a bunch of cool people with cool cars.

Lol, I'd have to back the Mountain scenery as opposed to Beach scenery logic.

Route #1 for Me!

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW, THE VIDEO FOOTAGE THAT I HAVE OF THE LAST EVENT IS STILL IN THE WORKS! I am waiting on the other guy who has video footage to send me what he has. I just do not want to edit twice so I want to wait for what he has. If I don't get anything from him soon, I will just move forward with what I have so I don't keep you guys waiting too long. Thank You for your patience! IT'S ALMOST DONE, I'm just waiting on the last piece to the puzzle!

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Missed the first one, I hope I can get my car back from AED in time to make this one happen :beer:

1raresnake

Established Member
Dam my car is getting a full exhaust and a tubular k member kit. Should be done probably in 2-3 weeks

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'd like to point out that Mt Hamilton will have fallen rocks on the road after this storm. So please keep a eye out and give each other space.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
I'd like to point out that Mt Hamilton will have fallen rocks on the road after this storm. So please keep a eye out and give each other space.

Protocol will be provided for the group as the date gets closer. Hopefully around that time, the weather will have eased up for a good amount of time already giving us clean ready to ride roads. Thanks for the heads up though!:coolman:

MysticRob

Established Member
Eric, this sounds great. I didn't have time to call you back last night (got back to the hotel just past midnight after 'salarymen night out') but will try today or tonight once we wrap up out here.

Looking forward to helping and hanging with everyone again. I might actually have a couple things done to the car by then, including springs (I hope). I should at least have the 1" wheel spacers on it by then.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Eric, this sounds great. I didn't have time to call you back last night (got back to the hotel just past midnight after 'salarymen night out') but will try today or tonight once we wrap up out here.

Looking forward to helping and hanging with everyone again. I might actually have a couple things done to the car by then, including springs (I hope). I should at least have the 1" wheel spacers on it by then.

All good! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your car. I'm trying to lower my car as well. I need to get on the stance of my car. It looks way too tall at stock! I can't wait to get this event going as well, it should be a good time especially now that we have a whole crew putting it together.

I have a few other cars from other forums wanting to come along so it should be an even greater turn out than last time! And Last time was awesome lol!:rockon:

arbs

Established Member
Ill be there as well. Im always around water so I pick the mountains. Sounds like itll be fun. Just like the other one!

Users who are viewing this thread