Northwoods Shelby Club @ Road America on August 15-17, 2008

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Who's in????

Registration is current open and there is still room left. This event is open to all makes and models including convertibles with approved rollbars (no open wheel vehicles). This is great time of year to run one of the best tracks in the country with a club that has a great history of running safe, well organized, and properly run-grouped cars for 33 years in a row and running at this track. :banana::beer::rockon:

The format is for 3 days of high-speed touring with a Saturday option for timed-lapping using AMB transponders. You can use your own transponder or rent one from the club (while supplies last). This is also an awards banquet offered on Saturday night at Osthoff Resort.

Note - there is no formal instruction offered on track but novice drivers are put in the slowest group with fellow members giving some informal instruction if wanted. There would be a short classroom session for all new people including new to the track immediately after the drivers' meeting.

Visit the club website for more information :read: and to sign up

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com

You will need to set up a username and password to sign up and you must be a member of the club to run the event (in order to keep our non-profit status). Once you have your username and password, click on 'my account' and follow the prompts to finish the process.

This is a great event :dancenana: with a lot of very fast cars plus Bruce is looking to get his 'top dog' status back this year. :poke::poke:

Plus lots of after hours activity including bench racing :bs: and :beer:

Dar

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
This is a great event :dancenana: with a lot of very fast cars plus Bruce is looking to get his 'top dog' status back this year. :poke::poke:

Dar

I do not see the fast car coming to this event unfortunately. :(

But the R WILL be ready and it's not exactly a slouch! :read:

It was a nice title to hold for the brief time I held it! :-D

Um... yeah, I'll be there!! :dancenana:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
I'm in and wouldn't miss miss it. My favorite event at my favorite track :thumbsup::beer:

Rumor has it... Saturday is all business for auto-x :idea:

svtguy

Established Member
I'm in for Friday and Saturday. I'm going to TRY and stay in Bruce's rear view mirror.

Paul.

ekimv

Established Member
I am in and have no kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

Let me know what I need to do and I am there!

:banana:

ekimv

Established Member
Bruce

Do I need a roll bar? Are you aware of anyone comming in with tires?

Any other items I might need to take part of this event?

Thanks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Do I need a roll bar? Are you aware of anyone comming in with tires?

Any other items I might need to take part of this event?

Thanks

You don't need a roll bar unless you have a vert.

Tom's the only guy I know that comes with tires for sale and he's not coming to this, that I know of.

You need an 2000 or newer SA rated helmet, front brake cooling, spare pads and rotors, tools and a few other miscellaneous items for running at the track.

If this would be your first ever track event, I'd take a pass as there won't be any instruction. Do the Gingerman event in Sept. with SCMC. Much better track to learn on.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You don't need a roll bar unless you have a vert.

Tom's the only guy I know that comes with tires for sale and he's not coming to this, that I know of.

You need an 2000 or newer SA rated helmet, front brake cooling, spare pads and rotors, tools and a few other miscellaneous items for running at the track.

If this would be your first ever track event, I'd take a pass as there won't be any instruction. Do the Gingerman event in Sept. with SCMC. Much better track to learn on.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

no cooler, beer and extra ice????:shrug:

ekimv

Established Member
Morning All,

I have been on track at RA many times in several cars and ran a 2.56.43 as a best for me. That was in a 62 e-type jag 2 years ago.

It will be a first in one of my own cars and I am jumping out of my skin at the thought of running my R!

I cant wait to see how I stack up time wise against some (Bruce and AC) of the dawgs here. Not saying anything, hoping to follow AC around a lap or two to see how you run the track. :poke:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Morning All,

I have been on track at RA many times in several cars and ran a 2.56.43 as a best for me. That was in a 62 e-type jag 2 years ago.

It will be a first in one of my own cars and I am jumping out of my skin at the thought of running my R!

I cant wait to see how I stack up time wise against some (Bruce and AC) of the dawgs here. Not saying anything, hoping to follow AC around a lap or two to see how you run the track. :poke:

As long as you've been on track before and Road America in particular, you should be fine because you'll know what to expect.

We normally lap that place a tad quicker than 2:56 though! :beer:

See you at the track!!! :dancenana:

ekimv

Established Member
2:26? Those are times run by class B vintage big blocks! C'mon, your yankin my chain!

When I ran my buddies E-type (class B) car I was not real accustomed to the car, its a lefthander E car, being slow in that car was to be expected.

I love the track, I had my term out there during tour events and coming out of 4 ran my vert up to 155 on the back straight. I was letting off at that point, those track workers have radios..... I can likely give lessons on the course! Anyone interested???AC??? :poke:

Like I said, I am almost watering at the mouth to get there with my 00R!!!!:xpl:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
In Bruce's case, thats probably closer to a 2:26:bowdown::bowdown:

Marv may be exaggerating slightly on that 2:26. :dw: But we know Fred can run a 2:27!!! :rockon:

Like I said, I am almost watering at the mouth to get there with my 00R!!!!:xpl:

I was like a kid in a candy store the first time I went to Road America with my R!! :dancenana:

You going to be there Yellow?

Very few things will keep Marv away from Road America. :-D

Yellow Iron

One of the Fab Five Fords
Established Member
I'll be there rain or shine!!!! My own best lap with my Terminator was a 2:35 and some change. That was hauling the mail for me.

Users who are viewing this thread