Not a good week for GM

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
I was wondering when this would make it's way to SVTP...

Kiohtee

Established Member
Oh, and needless to say a Toyota won the race. :lol:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Anyone notice what the emergency vehicle was that pulled up to put the fire out? I wonder if that will make Ford's "we own work" commercials.

I just thought it was funny...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Embarrassing for sure for GM/Chevrolet. I have never heard of that happening before. Imagine that happening on a freeway as you're driving home? :eek:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
It was supposedly because of the extra electrical equipment. My question: Where is quality control for a vehicle that will be seen driving by millions of people???

Last edited:

6.0GTO

Established Member
Add that to the long list of things made by humans that catch on fire. This one car can go ahead and replace the 2013 Ford Fuzions and Escapes that were catching fire.

Every manufacture has these problems. Some individuals don't seem to understand when you have hundreds of suppliers it is not always possible to catch a design flaw or a bad batch of parts that get by a suppliers QC system. Some fires are caused by manufactures parts and some by supplier issues. I remember when a certain italian car had some issues a couple years back. Porsche has had some 991 GT3's catch fire. No manufacture is immune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread