Not a number 8 thread. Warning... Metal Carnage

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
All this happened with 14* of timing and 10.5psi?
How was your afr like?

11.38, tuned by a great tuner, and charger was professionally installed by the #2 Roush dealer in the US. It was just too much instant torque after 15,000 miles, the cheap rods gave way punching holes through the the pistons and block. All the other pistons looked great. Like I said, not a #8 thread. I would advise you not to down shift from 6th to 4th and punch it cruising at 100mph on the Autobahn with a smaller pullied TVS. Too much of a hit on the rods, to get that 3,800 pounds moving again. Instead of accelerating forward and throwing me back in the seat, it blew the engine. Hopefully the 2015 rods will be a lot stronger with the sinter forging.

by9468840

Established Member
Sorry. Did I miss something? It looked like your pistons shattered first. Instead you threw two rods at the same time? You can't really blame it on the tune, or boost or afr etc. it's the entire system. 550lbft torque at wheels is just ridiculous. What really matters is the rwhp/lb ft people are making as a result. 15k miles with 550lbft torque is still impressive. However still makes me think of pulleying back up to 82mm from 74mm I have now. I still have the airbox to limit the boost. I reckon Id be safer with 82mm just making about 8psi.

By the way I live in Switzerland. If you can salvage some parts and want to sell anything in euro market just pm me. I could help you move some of them.

Last edited:

5.0GT

Established Member
Ouch!
what short block are you planning on?

Yep, it's a base hobby shop. It's relatively new too. A multimillion dollar facility that was funded using MWR funding. It's an awesome asset to have. Only cost $6.00 an hour to use the lift and have access to most tools. Specialty tools cost an extra dollar. You can keep your car overnight at $3.00 a day. Pretty stoked to have this.

That's awesome. I pay $20 an hour, $20 overnight and $8 disposal fee and it's not as a nearly as nice as this place!

Users who are viewing this thread