Not liking this at all... thoughts??

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Wow! Didn't realize ford reps were on this forum to assist us!

Don't be keeping track of our mods now Miss Ashley.

ArabianOak,

Mods?!? :nono: LOL! I kid.

Don't worry. You guys are keeping me way too busy for me to even try to keep up with which mods you have. Your dealers can handle that. :)

Ashley

Kapy

Established Member
Looks to me like a porous block issue. Does not look like it is originating from a bad gasket but through the pores of the block itself. I have seen it before.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
MovingZen,

Let me assist you with this. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley
Ashley, I appreciate the offer but I'd like to give my local guys a chance first. They've been great to work with so far and I don't want to ruin that by dropping something on their head before I've talked to them about the issue. I have faith the local guys will take care of me, I only made the post to confirm that I should probably pay more attention to what I'm seeing in those pictures. They've serviced the car twice, made suspension adjustments, and we've had quite a few discussions about a gear change so I give them a :thumbsup:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
My, how far we have come. 20 years ago, there was an expectation that about any car would have a small leak somewhere. You would not have thought twice about this small amount of oil.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Ashley, I appreciate the offer but I'd like to give my local guys a chance first. They've been great to work with so far and I don't want to ruin that by dropping something on their head before I've talked to them about the issue. I have faith the local guys will take care of me, I only made the post to confirm that I should probably pay more attention to what I'm seeing in those pictures. They've serviced the car twice, made suspension adjustments, and we've had quite a few discussions about a gear change so I give them a :thumbsup:

Good way to handle it,,,give your guys the benefit of the doubt and approach them first. If they balk on it, bring Ashley in. If your guys come through, still let Ashley know that there are still good dealers out there. Ford corporate needs to know the good, bad, or ugly of who we have to work with as consumers.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
My, how far we have come. 20 years ago, there was an expectation that about any car would have a small leak somewhere. You would not have thought twice about this small amount of oil.
Should I ignore oil coming out of the side of a $26k engine? How do I know that's all it will ever be? That amount of oil is an easy clean no doubt, but I plan on keeping this car until I give it to my son.
Good way to handle it,,,give your guys the benefit of the doubt and approach them first. If they balk on it, bring Ashley in. If your guys come through, still let Ashley know that there are still good dealers out there. Ford corporate needs to know the good, bad, or ugly of who we have to work with as consumers.
Right, maybe in private I'll tell her why I drive past one dealership to get to another across town. :cuss:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Should I ignore oil coming out of the side of a $26k engine? How do I know that's all it will ever be? That amount of oil is an easy clean no doubt, but I plan on keeping this car until I give it to my son.

It was commentary on car technology and our expectations because of it, not whether you should be bothered by it. Relax.

Last edited:

_Satch_

Established Member
I just noticed last night that I have the same weeping problem in the exact same place. Mine appears to have dust encrusted into the oil. I will make the Dealership aware of it and get them to enter it into the service history, should anything worse happen later. For now, I'm not going to worry about it.
-Satch

mullens

Established Member
I cleaned it off with brake cleaner. Looks good as new so I'll just keep an eye on it. The way I figure, if I have to clean it off every 12k miles or so and avoid the dealer poking around I'm good. Pulling the front of the engine apart scares the hell out of me. It really doesn't seem like a major issue, just an annoyance. I really doubt oil is going to seep through to the extent where it causes any damage.

Last edited:

rodfarva

Established Member
4027CBEA-6622-4547-858B-C5C9EDECFF74.jpg

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Warranty is there for a reason. I'd say if your dealer has a good reputation, get it done. If this isn't the case, find another dealership that does good warranty work.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I cleaned it off with brake cleaner. Looks good as new so I'll just keep an eye on it. The way I figure, if I have to clean it off every 12k miles or so and avoid the dealer poking around I'm good. Pulling the front of the engine apart scares the hell out of me. It really doesn't seem like a major issue, just an annoyance. I really doubt oil is going to seep through to the extent where it causes any damage.
I hear ya, at this point I'm not sure if I'm willing to do anything about a few drops of oil every 6 months. I stopped by the dealership today and talked to them a little bit. I think they understood where I was coming from with not really wanting to take the front cover off the engine. In a large dose of paraphrasing, dude is going to make some calls and see what the possibilities are given I really want to avoid taking the engine apart. I did let him know I wasn't the only one having the issue. We'll see what we see, but I'm in the system.

1971mach1

Established Member
As I said earlier I too have this problem. This Friday afternoon I will be going to my dealer to bring it to their attention. I really don't look forward to having the front end of this magnificent engine taken apart but I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I will wait to make a decision on what to do about it.

Clemson

Established Member
Me too.....but mine appears to be coming from the next boss over, not the one on the left as in the original posters pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread