Not the worst thing that could have happened, but pretty damn close.

coleman

Established Member
NetworkingGuru, you are a very lucky person considering!
Recover & get in the saddle again... I'm sure you'll be more careful in the rain from now on though. I know my two accidents keep coming back to haunt me...

itsrlong

Established Member
Yeah, she's supercharged... but I was the slow one in the herd... Best I could do that night was 11.89 @ 117....

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
NetworkingGuru, you are a very lucky person considering!
Recover & get in the saddle again... I'm sure you'll be more careful in the rain from now on though. I know my two accidents keep coming back to haunt me...

Thanks Coleman :) I don't think I'll have a problem recovering, assuming I actually get another car. I didn't even want to drive that night or the day after, but I drove all the way back home today. I still think about it a lot, but everything gets better with time.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by itsrlong
Yeah, she's supercharged... but I was the slow one in the herd... Best I could do that night was 11.89 @ 117....

Hey man, better than me (and pretty GD good, if you ask me). That night, I ran a 16.8 at 64 MPH, IIRC. Still outran the golf in the other lane though :rolling:

itsrlong

Established Member
Not trying to be insensitive, but sometimes it helps to talk about different things to get your mind off of what happened... What was the best you had run before your clutch went south? And where did you run locally? I've run at Moorseville from time to time...

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Man, I went through almost the same nightmare ~3 years ago. It ended doing ~$8000 damage to my 98 and was the reason why I got rid of it.

I am glad you are ok. It sucks about the insurance crap. Who knows.. maybe you the car will be totaled, you will get it covered, and all the BS drama you went through with this cobra will be gone because your new one will be perfect!

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Not trying to be insensitive, but sometimes it helps to talk about different things to get your mind off of what happened... What was the best you had run before your clutch went south? And where did you run locally? I've run at Moorseville from time to time...

Best run before all of this was a 12.3 @ 118. I've been fighting for 11's for a while now, thought it was the shifter, so I got a new one and quadrant/FW adjuster, etc. Then thought it was the tires, so I got DR's. Then thought it was the clutch/TOB, so I got a new one and went through all of the BS to find a fix for the TOB retainer failure. I've finally come to the conclusion that it's either my driving, or timing being pulled (2.93 with no chip), or both, so I FINALLY bought a chip and was going to install it while I was down there. :( Oh well.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Man, I went through almost the same nightmare ~3 years ago. It ended doing ~$8000 damage to my 98 and was the reason why I got rid of it.

I am glad you are ok. It sucks about the insurance crap. Who knows.. maybe you the car will be totaled, you will get it covered, and all the BS drama you went through with this cobra will be gone because your new one will be perfect!

Man I hope so. I truly love(d) the car, despite all of it's nagging BS. It had character, but most of all, it was a hot rod, in the purest sense of the word. All balls, no BS. Perhaps not the best all around car I'e owned, but definitely the best car FOR ME, ever. Sigh.

itsrlong

Established Member
What kind of launches and what was best 60 ft? What dragstrip to you go to locally?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
What kind of launches and what was best 60 ft? What dragstrip to you go to locally?

Launches: I've tried everything from easy street launches, to full-on dumps, to slipping at between 2K and 4K. Best to date were made with 3K slips. 1.8 to 1.9 60's, with 2.x's occasionally.

Strips: Rockingham in NC and Bradenton in Florida.

Last edited:

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
DAMN!!

sorry to hear about your accident, i know how semis can be my dads a truck driver, but wuznt in the Florida area so thats ok.

Man at least your ok, thats the #1 concern.

Man so when you can post some pics up of your car, i would like to see them if its alright with you.

That suxs man i just started driving and man i get scared everything i get behind the wheel, dont want to crash or die, just cant leve my family behind not this young.

Just a notice to all you guys, drive safe and be safe, use your seat belt and be cool, dont take life for granted.

Luckily you had your seat belt, man o man sorry to hear about this. take care

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
DAMN!!

sorry to hear about your accident, i know how semis can be my dads a truck driver, but wuznt in the Florida area so thats ok.

Man at least your ok, thats the #1 concern.

Man so when you can post some pics up of your car, i would like to see them if its alright with you.

That suxs man i just started driving and man i get scared everything i get behind the wheel, dont want to crash or die, just cant leve my family behind not this young.

Just a notice to all you guys, drive safe and be safe, use your seat belt and be cool, dont take life for granted.

Luckily you had your seat belt, man o man sorry to hear about this. take care

Thanks man. It looks pretty bad up front, but the rest looks kind of OK by comparison. I will post pics, but just imagine the radiator being crammed right into the engine block, and EVERYTHING else in front of the tires being gone. They did manage to find my IC heat exchanger. It's in my back seat. :nonono:

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by wjfawb0
Glad you are ok. This makes those Goodyear GS-D3s look even better for wet traction. :(

Sorry about what happened. I'm glad you are okay and that insurance don't screw you.

The same thing almost happened to me. I was cruising at 65 in fifth and driving very carefully, at least I thought I was. Then the rear breaks loose out of nowhere, and I nearly went off the road down a ditch. I got lucky and managed to stay on the two lane road though. Scared the living crap out me. These were are on BF Goodrich Comp T/A's. So it's not just drag radials, everybody should be very careful out there. That's why I want those Goodyears.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
SouthFla, sorry to hear about that man, I hope you come out with a shiny new truck :( I definitely feel for anyone who has to go through this. When it's just basic transportation, it's not so bad, but when it's your "baby", it's so depressing :(

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
It wasn't only my daily driver, not only my life, but my baby. But I have learned, its only metal, and metal can be replaced but my life can't. No more truck for me. My next vehicle will hopefully be a 2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary. We will see...

-Mike

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Networking Guru--Very sorry to hear about your accident and loss of your car, like everyone else said, THANK GOD you're alive. Not too many people walk away from Semi involved accidents. I wish you the best of luck with your insurance company. You've been such a big help to me and so many others on this board, even if you do drive a honda, by all means stay online with us. I had a ride like that in my GT once, but there was no traffic behind or in front of me thankfully. Keep you chin up and hang in there!!!

Jason

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SonicSnake
Networking Guru--Very sorry to hear about your accident and loss of your car, like everyone else said, THANK GOD you're alive. Not too many people walk away from Semi involved accidents. I wish you the best of luck with your insurance company. You've been such a big help to me and so many others on this board, even if you do drive a honda, by all means stay online with us. I had a ride like that in my GT once, but there was no traffic behind or in front of me thankfully. Keep you chin up and hang in there!!!

Jason

Thanks for the kind words Jason, I really appreciate it. I don't think I'll be going anywhere, I have met so many great people and learned so much from this community, and regardless of what I drive, I'll always have a special place inside for the 03 Snake. And if my next car isn't an 03 (or 04), for what ever reason, I'll probably be wishing it was :)

Users who are viewing this thread