Now dealing with battery light mystery...

Supperior1

Established Member
Ok so the other day Im coming home for work and I get a little feisty with her. I noticed for the first since Ive owned the car, te battery light came on for a few seconds but only at WOT. Then would would go away when I let off. Did that the next morning as well, so I took it to Advance and they checked the battery and the charging system. All was good. Left there and ran some errands. The light eventually came back and stayed on. I stopped and started the car several times with no problems. So I thought the light was a frayed wire or something but, the last stop of the day, the car had a dead battery and wouldnt start. So I said ok the alternator was in fact failing. I jumped the car and charged the battery, When I started it up, the battery light was gone, and the drove fine, stopped and started fine. Looks like some strange intermittent alternator problem? When the battery light is off, its charging and working fine, and when its on it is in fact NOT charging. Has anyone experienced this? Or do I just need to replace the alternator and be done with it?

bigmoose

Established Member
My light would come on once in a while. I've since put in a new alternator and have not seen a light since.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Common issue..its a sign alt is going..

sometimes radio has been knoen to just go blank than back on

guages might sweep also..

Users who are viewing this thread