NOW TAKING ORDERS!! Whipple 3.4L 01-04 Lightning Kit

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I just have a few serious questions if someone could PM me, I am definetly getting one its just a matter of time. I dont want to flood this post even though its kinda already is.

Lightningfr

Banned
question about the blower has anyone done, recorded the discharge air temps and boost number and how it compares to the 2.4
and also parasitic loss....

just wondering if this is even SAFE to run on a stock block....

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Valid questions. Some of which were answered in the other thread(s) that were started about the testing info. I think Jared started it IIRC.

roach4047

Established Member
Do you even have one on order or are you just being negative and miserable? :shrug:

I'm not being either one here but I can certainly understand people being a bit skeptical about these things shipping out in one week from the original date of 11-01-07 of this thread after seeing how their last SC took much longer than the "2 weeks" initially mentioned.:shrug:

Again I'm not trying to be a nay sayer in all of this but history can't be ignored either. There is something to be said for a "Track record."

With that said. I hope you all get them ASAP. This thing sounds awesome. I want one. But I'm poor.

Roach

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
EVERYONE that's posting about when they'll ship is going completely and solely upon what "someone" at Whipple told them directly. Should another delay occur then it's nobody's fault but Whipple and your right, they should know better by now.

Mod or not, I'm in the same boat as everyone else in that I'm waiting for shipment confirmation. I'm not going to fall into the trap and call BS without a damn good reason however. With said track record I'd be shocked to find out that Whipple released info to ALL of their vendors today without KNOWING they'd have units ready to ship next week. My suggestion is that if you want one to call Jared @ Lethal and place your order being sure to mention SVTP.

;-)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm not being either one here but I can certainly understand people being a bit skeptical about these things shipping out in one week from the original date of 11-01-07 of this thread after seeing how their last SC took much longer than the "2 weeks" initially mentioned.:shrug:

Again I'm not trying to be a nay sayer in all of this but history can't be ignored either. There is something to be said for a "Track record."

With that said. I hope you all get them ASAP. This thing sounds awesome. I want one. But I'm poor.

Roach

Understandable!

However.. When I say they're shipping I mean it! :thumbsup:

Let me know if there's anything I can ever do for ya. Thanks for your support.. Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
UPDATE:

Due to the increased competition with the newly released 3.4L Lightning Kit we have no choice but to offer these kits at the lowest advertised price that Whipple allows. All the current customers that have ordered will only be billed for the new lowered pricing and all future orders will be priced as follows:

Racer Kits (Does Not Include CAI or EGR)

Black - WK-200030B (01-04 Lightning)
$3799.99

Polished - WK-200030P (01-04 Lightning)
$4179.99

Tuner Kit (includes CAI and EGR)

Black - WK-200025B (01-04 Lightning)
$4179.99

Polished - WK-200025P (01-04 Lightning)
$4559.99

Shipping is a flat $75.00

The kits will currently be shipping with a 3.50" Upper Pulley. On a stock block with a stock crank ring that equates to 23psi. For those wanting to run less boost we currently offer and have in stock for $125.00 a Metco 6.5" lower ring which is fully compatible with the Metco Lightning Lower Kit and will reduce boost by 4psi. Whipple will soon offer 4.00" and 4.25" uppers as well.

We have our first kits shipping this week through early next week for those that already have their spot in line. If you have any further questions on ordering a 3.4L for your Lightning please feel free to give us a call. All orders can be placed with us over the phone or directly off our website by following the links below.

Thanks to everyone here on SVTP for all your support! :beer::beer:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-main/category-18_446_449/99-04-svt-lightning-superchargers-and-pulleys-supercharger-kits.html

WK-200015B_MED.jpg

Metco 6.5" Lower Ring Link (Lowers Boost by 4 PSI)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-14954/metco8ribring-metco-03-04-cobra-lower-crank-pulley-ring-ring-only.html

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Is there a pulley i can slap on there to bring me back to the stock psi because I currently have a 6# on there. Or do i have to put the whole stock garbage back on?

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a 6# lower pulley would I have to put the stock one back on just to get the lowest 19psi?

The kit at the moment comes with a 3.5" pulley which on a stock block and stock crank pulley will create 23psi. In order to get 19psi you'll need the 6.5" lower ring which we have in stock. That will put you right at 19psi! :beer:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Alright well I am definetly getting one, not this coming week but ASAP. I will definetly do service with you guys, thanks for the info.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
that is a hell of a good price...^

dam if i had a built block i would jump on it but im going to have to wait for the 140's to drop
:beer:

You might be waiting a long time as the W140's aren't gonna be dropping in price. When you're ready to order one up give us a call and we'll be glad price it out for you. Thanks, Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Edited by F2B-Irrelavent content from quote removed.

That means that if a 3.4L kit were to ship today and it were being delivered in Cali where Whipple is located it means there's a good possibility for a Friday delivery right? :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

FordFanStan

Established Member
That means that if a 3.4L kit were to ship today and it were being delivered in Cali where Whipple is located it means there's a good possibility for a Friday delivery right? :D:D

Wait a sec, that isn't possible, JJ said none of them are shipping until next week and he will be the first to have it :shrug: ... Stan

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wait a sec, that isn't possible, JJ said none of them are shipping until next week and he will be the first to have it :shrug: ... Stan

Oh and they actually aren't shipping for another month. The other vendors are lying. Liars Liars Liars..

So who will be the first to put on and test it on a built motor I wonder? :shrug:

:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread