Votes: 53 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 123 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldy

Established Member
Now that the CAI results are in, which CAI are you going to get (if you're going to get one)?

Howard

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
:sleeping: Honestly, what the f*ck is the difference in all the fenderwell kits (THE COLOR)
How can one work better than the other. In track performance the best thing has to be a 12" filter with open front with the headlight out.....
The last time I checked the volume of air flow needed for these motors are far greater than produced by a little filter. Your motor isn't getting hot on a 1/4mile pass to effect the filter and the exhaust is under the engine. GIVE IT UP.:smmon:

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by F8LBITE
:sleeping: Honestly, what the f*ck is the difference in all the fenderwell kits (THE COLOR)
How can one work better than the other. In track performance the best thing has to be a 12" filter with open front with the headlight out.....
The last time I checked the volume of air flow needed for these motors are far greater than produced by a little filter. Your motor isn't getting hot on a 1/4mile pass to effect the filter and the exhaust is under the engine. GIVE IT UP.:smmon:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again, bigger is better. ;-)

I have tried most of them and ended up doing a homestyle 12" filter with a ram air tube coming in from the foglight area. So far it has worked the best in my car.

NastyWS6

Established Member
When I get my car all I am going to do is buy the K&n Filter for it, screw everything else. Especially when they are all almost identical minus maybe a detail or two.

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I have the same setup you have Bingo13 Flextube and 12" filter. Yes bigger is better, just like other walks in life.:beer: But for 1/4 mile sake I would say the JLP kit would work equal to the 12" set up. I've used them both and have seen simular results. ET's WALK, DYNO's TALK.
(AND BEFORE THAT STATEMENT GET'S BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION, YES TRACKS MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ET's):nono:

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
I have the UPR and I'm thinking of changing to a straight intake/non CAI. I was thinking the Amazon because you can get the bigger Mass Air. Should I stay away from the different Mass Air? Might this cause problems with the computer? Any amazon intake owners have input?

Last edited:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I disagree with some of you guys.

I have no solid facts, but I highly doubt using the densecharger is hurting performance by not moving enough air.

The damn kit is 5-6 inch pvc plumbing tube with a decent size filter on the end, not just right at the fender but down inside the fender toward the front of the wheel.

I don't see why theres all this bad talk about CIA's. I bet my car on the dyno makes just as much power with the "densecharger" as it would with a huge open filter.

And I'm more then sure that it would perform evenly compared to an evenly modded 03.

I've heard people tell me that newer paper filters flow just as good as a K&N. Well hell should I go out and put a paper filter on?

I don't think anyone has any solid facts about any of this, and it's all speculation.

I'm just tired of hearing the put downs cause I have one and mine works great!

BOOOOST

Established Member
I still can't believe companies are out there fooling people into believing we need larger MAF sensors. Our factory 90mm is KING! You can't best it, regardless of what you try. The *only* reason another meter would outperform it is because of possibly leaning out the a/f mixture, and/or increasing timing, which by doing this through the meter is NOT the correct way of tuning. A good tune, coupled with the factory 90, will compensate for that anytime. Our factory meters are good for 600+ rwhp, with a good tune.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand: The results have spoken time and time again for the Densecharger. For the price, you can't beat it!

03 Cobra with Carbon Fiber Dress kit
Full Length prototype system, Meterforward is available.

kit09-CF03CFL.jpg

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
And another thing, aftermarket Lightning companies have stressed 12" filters and "bigger is better" for the last 4 years, and low and behold it's been proven that a 9" filter on the Lightning will outperform the 12" filter. The ONLY reason they all stepped up to the larger filters was because of the racer mentality of "bigger is better". The 5.0 test proved that the 6" Densecharger kit outperformed the 9" kit!

Read this:

http://f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=856040&highlight=bigger+filter#post856040

Originally posted by Struck in AZ
I'm not fully convinced that the 7-9" won't cause a loss either but I'm certainly not going to go the 12" route. If I am not mistaken, quite a while ago (just after he stopped selling the 9" filters) Sal said that the 9" actually flowed better than the 12" but that everyone was of the mindset that 'bigger is always better' so he started selling the 12" filters just like all of the other tuners at the time...

...Looking at some of the big turbo Supras trolling around town, none of them use giant filters. Most of their filters are 4-6" and this is on cars that's are putting down 700+ rwhp.

Originally posted by LightningTuner
Actually what I said way back then, was that my original "filter kit" with the 9" filter performed better than the current 12" filter setups but when JLP and JDM first started up and they were selling 12" filters vs the 9" filter I was using on my filter kits, people got the "bigger is better" bug and nobody wanted to buy my 9" setups anymore. The small filter did not work better than the larger filter, the "kit" that used the smaller filter worked better. The "powerpipe" is basically like my old filter kit, just with the MAF and boot integrated as one unit.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by BNASPLT
I still can't believe companies are out there fooling people into believing we need larger MAF sensors. Our factory 90mm is KING! You can't best it, regardless of what you try. The *only* reason another meter would outperform it is because of possibly leaning out the a/f mixture, and/or increasing timing, which by doing this through the meter is NOT the correct way of tuning. A good tune, coupled with the factory 90, will compensate for that anytime. Our factory meters are good for 600+ rwhp, with a good tune.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand: The results have spoken time and time again for the Densecharger. For the price, you can't beat it!

03 Cobra with Carbon Fiber Dress kit
Full Length prototype system, Meterforward is available.

kit09-CF03CFL.jpg

And another thing, aftermarket Lightning companies have stressed 12" filters and "bigger is better" for the last 4 years, and low and behold it's been proven that a 9" filter on the Lightning will outperform the 12" filter. The ONLY reason they all stepped up to the larger filters was because of the racer mentality of "bigger is better". The 5.0 test proved that the 6" Densecharger kit outperformed the 9" kit!

Read this:

http://f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=856040&highlight=bigger+filter#post856040

So which one did you vote for BNASPLT? :-D

Last edited:

NastyWS6

Established Member
Perhaps it's just the picture but that looks terrible IMO. plus once again may just be the picture but that does not look to be bigger than 4" let alone 5 or 6".

totaled

Established Member

Read this:

[/QUOTE]

The smaller filters MAY be the dyno kings but at the track the larger filters will reign supreme!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread