Now you see em. Soon you wont! Lethal Performance GT350/GT350R Offroad Midpipe

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Up to no good again. I'll post more pics as things move along.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449180405.915516.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449180421.563801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449180431.663926.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449180444.871176.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449180467.388076.jpg

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Taking it to a new level!

This will sound insane I bet. I wonder if the sound would be different if the X pipe was changed to an H....

bpmurr

Established Member
Drone?

Looking forward to X and H Pipe resonator deletes!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Very nice. Bends are smooth and clean! A tip of the hat to the guys that did the fabwork.

Really looking forward to your Whipple installation and seeing what parts you manage to break. :beer:

And thank you for photographs that allow you to clearly see what's going on under there.

AZBOSS

Established Member
I don't think the "fart can" analogy is the best but it does sound a bit flat and "tinny" on the low RPM stuff. Interested in resonator-delete videos, and some videos under load at WOT.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The rev and accel video is actually with the car is Normal Mode, sorry about that mistake. Here is the video with the car in Sport/Track mode, sounds much better, but these videos really do not do the sound any justice...

https://vimeo.com/147846514

I will say this, with the mufflers closed, I do agree it sounds tinny kinda during rev, but it's still very throaty and deep during moderate accel and cruise. Near OEM volume inside during cruise. We may also be doing an H pipe option to get rid of some of the tin rasp as well.

53Driver

Established Member
I noticed you all dropped the factory dampeners with your aftermarket mid-pipe. Are you all concerned about vibration issues without these in place like the OEM unit has?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Somebody from Lethal said they couldn't tell the difference with them not being there. Now about that 12lbs hanging off the rear of the transmission...

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Somebody from Lethal said they couldn't tell the difference with them not being there. Now about that 12lbs hanging off the rear of the transmission...

Correct, that was me. Absolutely no difference from stock at idle, cruise or hard accel.

thekanezzi

Established Member
Although I bet its a massive amount of work, if.even possible,.I'd really like to see what some equal length longtubes would do to the sound of that thing.

Agreed on tinny but it's so hard to exhaust notes on the internet.

Beautiful fab work!

Users who are viewing this thread