NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

97DOHCobra

Established Member
daily-morning-awesomeness-30.jpg

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Those split rims are no joke. I had an uncle killed by one! It was even on the truck after he got back from a trip. It was low so he was just putting some air in it and it came apart on him. NOT GOOD!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Those split rims are no joke. I had an uncle killed by one! It was even on the truck after he got back from a trip. It was low so he was just putting some air in it and it came apart on him. NOT GOOD!

they can be bad news for sure! We havent run any in a long time but shit still happens. We had a truck just sitting in front of the shop, had been there for hours and heard what sounded like a bomb going off :eek: tire flew right off the rim and across the parking lot,thankfully nobody was nearby

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It crushed my uncles left arm and leg and took off the right side of his face. It was BAD!

That is a terrible way to go. I just learned about split rims in the past few months while looking at bigger old trucks. I bought a 1955 GMC 350M for my dad as a retirement present. It doesn't have split rims bolted on but there is a extra ancient corroded wheel/tire laying on the bed and it's a split rim. I wonder what the hell I should do with it, it can't be safe.

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Either find a shop that works on them or scrap it. I vote Scrap! Our local hole in the wall shop has ring impressions on the ceiling from the old days lol

mr2cam

Established Member
That's why they go in special cages made for inflation. They are no joke.

Ya, my dad said he use to work for a guy that had a cage for them, said it was beat to shit too because so many of them had exploded, although he said he never had one explode on him.

Users who are viewing this thread