NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

jenkins_1120

Established Member
cdb294d5a55eab3b531d539c13d17ef0.jpg

82ffc277b89668c2431262858b12b780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon

Established Member
Anyone happen to know how long these guys live?

I’d say 55-75 years. Judging by the shape of the mouth and flippers it looks like a Right Whale.

Pick your poison.

Correction, after looking it up they haven’t really got a known life span. They’re not heavily researched like some of the other whale species. One report estimates a potential life span of over 200 years. So take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

Pick your poison.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Correction, after looking it up they haven’t really got a known life span. They’re not heavily researched like some of the other whale species. One report estimates a potential life span of over 200 years. So take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

Pick your poison.

Wow. I figured that whale looked like he/she saw some time at sea and could be quite old so that's why I wondered. And I've never heard of that type of whale before or even seen one like it so it makes sense we don't know a lot about them.

Amazing that even to this day there is still a lot we don't know about the sea.

Recon

Established Member
Wow. I figured that whale looked like he/she saw some time at sea and could be quite old so that's why I wondered. And I've never heard of that type of whale before or even seen one like it so it makes sense we don't know a lot about them.

Amazing that even to this day there is still a lot we don't know about the sea.
Correct, we know more about outer space than we do about our own oceans.

Pick your poison.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Correct, we know more about outer space than we do about our own oceans.

Pick your poison.

I get what you're saying but I wouldn't go that far. The ocean is huge but still finite but I agree it doesn't get the same attention.

Users who are viewing this thread