img (5).jpg

img (6).jpg

img.png

img (7).jpg

img (8).jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
My clients do not pick up the tab when I take them out. That booze is on my expense report and you damn well better believe it is paid for, even despite an official no booze policy. I had also better not find out a junior engineer took a client out and didn't expense the drinks. Doesn't matter if we get their business or not, the drinks had better be expensed.

HR doesn't have the first clue of what building repoire with a client involves, especially in the energy sector.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not even gonna lie. It was bad.

Strip club nights of getting wasted when it was really booming.

Hell like weather said above me. ND.. in the real boom. Was hookers and blow ( not an exaggeration) in minot ND .. strippers were being flown in from Around the world making 10k a weekend.

It would blow your mind how many celebs were seen in North Dakota during the oil boom… it was also insane how many people didn’t give a shit since 95% of oil workers were as they say “ ballin outta control “

I was a low low LOWWWWW level guy pulling in over 15k a month. Plenty of people making half a mil a year or more.

Then the crash happened…. And dudes were slipping roofies into other dudes drinks and raping them because there were maybe 2 women for every 200 dudes
Don’t threaten me with a good time.

blownstang01

Established Member
My clients do not pick up the tab when I take them out. That booze is on my expense report and you damn well better believe it is paid for, even despite an official no booze policy. I had also better not find out a junior engineer took a client out and didn't expense the drinks. Doesn't matter if we get their business or not, the drinks had better be expensed.

HR doesn't have the first clue of what building repoire with a client involves, especially in the energy sector.
Very similar in our company (Construction). Our "personal" expenses, meals etc, our management frowns on any alcohol. So much so that I usually run a second tab that I pay for. BUT, take any clients out and the company CC covers the night, no matter how much. Some of the nights in Vegas required accounting to call the bank and raise limits, lol. I mean in the thousands at some very pricey places.

Users who are viewing this thread