NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ridiculous. What is msrp on those things anyway?

Curious as well, didnt see the window sticker to get the actual markup cost.

1712320179967.png

ArabianOak

Established Member
Honestly… that’s laughable.

Yet… I’m sure there’s a line out to door.

Faith in humanity plummeting.
9k rims is more like a mclaren option. Ford is smoking crack on this car. It is local to me and I text the sales manager at this dealer and asked him how much off this car was (should be 15-20k off IMO). His response was he paid sticker from Ford and they have very little markup...I guess the 6k over sticker is very little to them...lol.

I will have ZERO sympathy when this car sits for 2 years. Dealers need to get in touch with reality. This is c8 z51 3lt money! Who is picking this car for 90g?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
9k rims is more like a mclaren option. Ford is smoking crack on this car. It is local to me and I text the sales manager at this dealer and asked him how much off this car was (should be 15-20k off IMO). His response was he paid sticker from Ford and they have very little markup...I guess the 6k over sticker is very little to them...lol.

I will have ZERO sympathy when this car sits for 2 years. Dealers need to get in touch with reality. This is c8 z51 3lt money! Who is picking this car for 90g?

$15-20k off is a stretch. Shouldn't be over MSRP though. Invoice is $79,093.13. Looks like they bought it from Edwards Ford out of South Carolina.

blownstang01

Established Member
You guys wanna laugh? How about 90k for a dark horse? lololololol...wtf.

Dark Farce
This mark up shit will only stop when people quit paying it, and banks quit financing it.
I've wanted a 2-door Bronco since they came out primarily because it could be flat-towed behind our RV, but I refused to pay over sticker (or even sticker for that matter). Well, now lots are full of Bronco's at less than MSRP but interest rates are nuts. I know some will say, pay with cash....but my high yield savings is currently @ like 5.8%, so I'll just wait until this nonsense stops, lol.

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Looked on Ford's website. The dark horse starts at 62k and change. I guess it needs 20k in options.

Ford really is missing the original intent of the mustang. An affordable, fun car. It was originally intended to be a families second car. Back in '64, you could pick one up for $2200-2400. That's $22,000 in today's money. What's a base mustang cost now?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This mark up shit will only stop when people quit paying it, and banks quit financing it.
I've wanted a 2-door Bronco since they came out primarily because it could be flat-towed behind our RV, but I refused to pay over sticker (or even sticker for that matter). Well, now lots are full of Bronco's at less than MSRP but interest rates are nuts. I know some will say, pay with cash....but my high yield savings is currently @ like 5.8%, so I'll just wait until this nonsense stops, lol.

I'd order/sell you one at invoice.

The last mustang that I personally believe was worth the MSRP was the 03/04 cobras (and the 03/04 saleen cobras because they actually retailed for less than a s281sc) and possibly the s550 gt350 due to resale values. Cheap speed died with the fox body.

Really? lol

The 2013/14 GT500, 20+ GT500, Mach 1 Performance, and the GT350 series are all worth that.

The 2013 GT500s are still bringing damn near MSRP 10 years later.

Saleen498

Established Member
Really? lol

The 2013/14 GT500, 20+ GT500, Mach 1 Performance, and the GT350 series are all worth that.

The 2013 GT500s are still bringing damn near MSRP 10 years later.
I did say i agree with you on the gt350 due to the resale. The point made by @wizbangdoodle is that the mustang was supposed to be fun on the cheap side. The examples I provided sell for more than the original msrp, not close to. And to get to close to msrp with a 13/14 gt500 that car has to be low mileage and pristine. While I'll agree the 2020 gt500 is a great car, it's not worth 100k. If I had 10 million in disposable income I still wouldn't buy one new just as I would not spend msrp on a new loaded GT. I would let someone else take the depreciation and then I'll buy used with 3k miles for 33% off. I never said they weren't great cars, I'm just saying the mustang was never supposed to cost more than a average years salery. In 1964 you could buy two mustangs for one years average salary, in 1994 you could get a top model cobra R for less than a years average salary, in 2024 a GT costs the same percentage a 93 R cost, a loaded GT is more than a years salary and the top dog is 125% to 200% average salary depending if there is a markup.
We have effectively gone from 2 mustangs per year on the low end to one mustang every two years on the high end of the spectrum. The 03/04 cobra was top dog at half the average yearly salary.

To sum it up with top model cars of the years, in 2004 you went fast and worked 6 months for it, 10 years later you needed to work 9 months, 2019 with the gt350 only 7 months which is why I included it, then in 2024 with the gt500, 15 months

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Looked on Ford's website. The dark horse starts at 62k and change. I guess it needs 20k in options.

Ford really is missing the original intent of the mustang. An affordable, fun car. It was originally intended to be a families second car. Back in '64, you could pick one up for $2200-2400. That's $22,000 in today's money. What's a base mustang cost now?

id wager most cars base model msrp has grown far faster than inflation. What did a base camry go for whenver they started making one compared to now? imho the real issue is lack of wage growth

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did say i agree with you on the gt350 due to the resale. The point made by @wizbangdoodle is that the mustang was supposed to be fun on the cheap side. The examples I provided sell for more than the original msrp, not close to. And to get to close to msrp with a 13/14 gt500 that car has to be low mileage and pristine. While I'll agree the 2020 gt500 is a great car, it's not worth 100k. If I had 10 million in disposable income I still wouldn't buy one new just as I would not spend msrp on a new loaded GT. I would let someone else take the depreciation and then I'll buy used with 3k miles for 33% off. I never said they weren't great cars, I'm just saying the mustang was never supposed to cost more than a average years salery. In 1964 you could buy two mustangs for one years average salary, in 1994 you could get a top model cobra R for less than a years average salary, in 2024 a GT costs the same percentage a 93 R cost, a loaded GT is more than a years salary and the top dog is 125% to 200% average salary depending if there is a markup.
We have effectively gone from 2 mustangs per year on the low end to one mustang every two years on the high end of the spectrum. The 03/04 cobra was top dog at half the average yearly salary.

To sum it up with top model cars of the years, in 2004 you went fast and worked 6 months for it, 10 years later you needed to work 9 months, 2019 with the gt350 only 7 months which is why I included it, then in 2024 with the gt500, 15 months

If the 2024 Mustang had the same performance, technology, safety, fit/finish, etc as a 1964...it'd be cheaper. Your examples are comparing apples to oranges because so many things have changed over the last 60 years.

It's not worth debating, obviously you disagree and no matter how many facts I can present, you won't change your mind. There's a reason you're driving a 20 year old sportscar.

Users who are viewing this thread