NYC house prices are insane

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats crazy!

PA is this way as well, I am in the market and I'm having to fight all these NJ and NY assholes who are fleeing the destruction they voted in place.

The last house I put an offer in on this past Sunday, I offered 10,000 over asking price and was still beat out. The house had 18 offers on it, I'll be curious to see what the final sale price was when that info hits zillow.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
CT isn't any better. In fact, its getting worse cause so many ppl are leaving NY city for the suburbs of CT. Im about an hour from NY city and houses here are on the market for like 29 minutes! Good time to sell!
Yep, I'm seeing the same thing here in Cheshire, Brett. Houses sell almost by themselves, at good prices for sellers. Even at higher than usual market prices here, they're still MUCH cheaper than homes in NYC. I see so many NY plates here every day, I'd swear I was in NY. You're a bit closer to the City than I am, but not that much. Crazy real estate action here for sure!

MFE

Established Member
I know NYC property values are insane but that video seems like complete bullshit. There's no ****ing way it's listed for that much unless it also comes with a cannabis company or something.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$5 million for the whole building? 4 different residences? if so, i could see that. if not.....then that doesnt seem accurate.. was there 2 years ago and checked out some ads for some houses for sale that were expensive but not that crazy. for much less than that you can get a nice house right on the beach in malibu.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
PA is this way as well, I am in the market and I'm having to fight all these NJ and NY assholes who are fleeing the destruction they voted in place.

The last house I put an offer in on this past Sunday, I offered 10,000 over asking price and was still beat out. The house had 18 offers on it, I'll be curious to see what the final sale price was when that info hits zillow.

That's normal in Sweden. A price increase of 30% of a property during bidding isn't uncommon at all.
You're "lucky" if you can buy it for asking price. Lower than asking price? Forget about it.

I don't know how it is in the US but here in Sweden the buyer takes full responsibility for every fault in the house that could be located by crawling underneath it, going up the attic etc. Basically everything that can be noticed without tearing down a wall.
I have no idea how anybody can properly inspect a house when there's 50 other people inside it...

T.Man

Established Member
And everyone is worried about a supposed housing crisis in Arizona... Hahaha

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's normal in Sweden. A price increase of 30% of a property during bidding isn't uncommon at all.
You're "lucky" if you can buy it for asking price. Lower than asking price? Forget about it.

I don't know how it is in the US but here in Sweden the buyer takes full responsibility for every fault in the house that could be located by crawling underneath it, going up the attic etc. Basically everything that can be noticed without tearing down a wall.
I have no idea how anybody can properly inspect a house when there's 50 other people inside it...
Here, buyers won't risk submitting a bid at the asking price. Because they know others will go well over it. It becomes a bidding war. Crazy, but true.

stangfreak

Established Member
I live on long island. nassau county. cape houses here, which has only one room upstairs, hallway, small property, the house is a wide as a three car garage maybe, they are selling for 800,000 dollars. These prices were way before covid. Its the norm here on long island. 800k, I expect to move in, have a big beautiful house, with a nice inside. Not here. One bed room apartment, in mineola, and I mean a small one bedroom, 2400 dollars a month. If you want to live semi ok, not anything crazy, maybe a vacation once a year or once every two years, you need two incomes, each person NEEDS to make 100K. And thats just to live OK. The school taxes in herricks, syosset, the whole north shore, is disgusting. Thats why I laugh when people tell me, oh keep the cobra and add on to the stable. Get a coyote and keep the cobra. LOL. If I lived somewhere else maybe. Not on long island. Im just a new york city sanitation worker. I make good money, but not that money to live the good life.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
SEgCcu5.png

The house is right in the center, next to Seth Park. As shown, almost nothing is over 2 million in the area. Several don't seem to list the numbers of beds/bath, but one that did for like 1.7M, was a listed as a 7 bed, 4 bath, multi-family house.

No way is that house in the video getting 5 million.

Last edited:

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
View attachment 1660983

The house is right in the center, next to Seth Park. As shown, almost nothing is over 2 million in the area. Several don't seem to list the numbers of beds/bath, but one that did for like 1.7M, was a listed as a 7 bed, 4 bath, multi-family house.

No way is that house in the video getting 5 million.

Those are hugs spreads in prices. Are they all houses or also apartments?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Whoever listed that house for 5mil isn't being serious or is a moron. NY is more expensive than Seattle but Seattle is in the top 5 of most expensive places in the US and 5mil in Seattle will get you prime real estate. You could get a 7k+ sqft house on Lake Washington for less than 5mil out here so that listing is bogus and can't be the norm for what and where it is.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I live on long island. nassau county. cape houses here, which has only one room upstairs, hallway, small property, the house is a wide as a three car garage maybe, they are selling for 800,000 dollars. These prices were way before covid. Its the norm here on long island. 800k, I expect to move in, have a big beautiful house, with a nice inside. Not here. One bed room apartment, in mineola, and I mean a small one bedroom, 2400 dollars a month. If you want to live semi ok, not anything crazy, maybe a vacation once a year or once every two years, you need two incomes, each person NEEDS to make 100K. And thats just to live OK. The school taxes in herricks, syosset, the whole north shore, is disgusting. Thats why I laugh when people tell me, oh keep the cobra and add on to the stable. Get a coyote and keep the cobra. LOL. If I lived somewhere else maybe. Not on long island. Im just a new york city sanitation worker. I make good money, but not that money to live the good life.

But why do you stay within that madness?
You could clearly move anywhere else, probably not that far from NY either and have a better life...

Users who are viewing this thread