O.J. Simpson is up for parole this Thursday

VegasMichael

Established Member
^Yeah I saw that too. Wikipedia had written that his NFL pension was 28k per year. They are obviously incorrect. Quote from Wikipedia: On February 5, 1997, a civil jury in Santa Monica, California unanimously found Simpson liable for the wrongful death of and battery against Goldman, and battery against Brown. Simpson was ordered to pay $33,500,000 in damages. In February 1999, an auction of Simpson's Heisman Trophy and other belongings netted almost $500,000, which went to the Goldman family.[69] The Goldman family also tried to collect Simpson's NFL $28,000 yearly pension[70] but failed to collect any money.[71]

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I read that his pension from the NFL could be up to $100K/yr, depending on when he started collecting. I'd hardly call that pittance that's not enough to live on. That's not including the $5,000,000 he has in retirement from the Screen Actors Guild. None of which can be touched. He'll be fine.

Nah man, the narrative of him being old and broke sounds better to some people. Let's just stick with that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_1526.JPG

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they said on the radio this morning he's getting the $28k(?) monthly pension payment from the NFL and about $30k a month from SAG for film work. nowhere near what he was used to before but he'll be alright. and they cant come after him for his pension $. only if he makes any money (books, autographs, etc...).

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
they said on the radio this morning he's getting the $28k(?) monthly pension payment from the NFL and about $30k a month from SAG for film work. nowhere near what he was used to before but he'll be alright. and they cant come after him for his pension $. only if he makes any money (books, autographs, etc...).

I wonder if that pension payment has been deposited in an account monthly somewhere for the 9 years he's been locked up? That'll be a nice lil nest egg to come home to.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wonder if that pension payment has been deposited in an account monthly somewhere for the 9 years he's been locked up? That'll be a nice lil nest egg to come home to.

Don't think so. From what I read somewhere he is gonna get a hefty sum wants he gets out. Like payback for idk how many years. He should be fine money wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
i wonder what edicts are written into the NFL pension plan. I know a lot of state plans, mine included, will not pay to retirees who have been convicted of a felony.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
i wonder what edicts are written into the NFL pension plan. I know a lot of state plans, mine included, will not pay to retirees who have been convicted of a felony.

I think it has no effect on his pension, his conviction happened nearly 30 years after his last down. On a related note, apparently Aaron Hernandez's estate/family may be eligible to receive his pension.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Nah man, the narrative of him being old and broke sounds better to some people. Let's just stick with that.

OK!

From what I read he'll have a nice lump sum waiting and then monthly payments will start again.

nxhappy

Established Member
I give it 6 months before he does something ****ing stupid and goes back to prison

Users who are viewing this thread