O.J. Simpson is up for parole this Thursday

VegasMichael

Established Member
A few odds makers in Vegas have already laid odds. A few lawyers here in Vegas think his odds are close to 50-50 but that if he was NOT O.J. his odds of parole would be closer to 90%. I think it's a coin flip. How about you?

ClayDee

Established Member
Wouldn't be surprised either way. I guess that explains the O.J specials on TV today and this week.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
giphy.gif

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
giphy.gif
I think if he walks he will be inundated with reality TV offers and interviews. His real sentence won't begin until he passes on.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He'll end up making money off of his dumbass stunts all over again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
If he does get released, he'll be writing a few new books........If I woulda, shoulda or coulda done it and How to score a piece of ass in prison.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
There is all kinds of justice in this world

Don't get me wrong, I can see where someone (even I do to a degree) would feel this way.

It's just a really, really bad sign of the way things are in our justice system. Like it or not, the rules are setup to favor not convicting a innocent person. Unfortunately this sometimes means letting someone who may be guilty go.

Take away that system and replace it for one of revenge and you set a dangerous precedent. I would rather see 10 guilty men go free than one innocent one be convicted.

Personally, from looking at the evidence the public was presented back in the day, I'd say he was guilty. But I wasn't there in the courtroom. He was judged by a jury to be innocent and according to our laws that means it cannot be used against him for future punishment or crimes.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I can see where someone (even I do to a degree) would feel this way.

It's just a really, really bad sign of the way things are in our justice system. Like it or not, the rules are setup to favor not convicting a innocent person. Unfortunately this sometimes means letting someone who may be guilty go.

Take away that system and replace it for one of revenge and you set a dangerous precedent. I would rather see 10 guilty men go free than one innocent one be convicted.

Personally, from looking at the evidence the public was presented back in the day, I'd say he was guilty. But I wasn't there in the courtroom. He was judged by a jury to be innocent and according to our laws that means it cannot be used against him for future punishment or crimes.

OJ was not found innocent by the jury. He was found not guilty, which is different. Not guilty means that the prosecution has failed to meet its burden of proof. There were several things that sunk that trial, one of them was the fact the courts did not understand DNA evidence in 1995, it was still a fairly new thing then. There was actually considerable DNA evidence that tied him to the crime, but the whole glove thing and no murder weapon really torpedoed the trial. They weren't going to convict on DNA alone.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Wasn't part of the civil suit that he could not profit in any way from telling his story about the murders ?

Yes, 90% of OJs book proceeds went to the families with the other 10% going to a trust to pay his creditors. The criminal and civil cases wiped him out and in way it was a fate worse than a life sentence. Going from celebrity to reviled villain, unable to find work, blacklisted, broke, but that bitch Karma was done yet. That 9-33 year sentence for robbery, kidnapping and assault was icing on the cake.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
For the crime he was found guilty of doing, yes, he should get paroled. With the exception of one other person involved, all are free men or should I say never went to jail.

Rather than the odds of him being granted parole, I'm more interested in the odds that he ends back p in jail for violating his parole. I'd drop money on it.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
he's just an innocent man wrongly accused..... you ppl are such racists!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
If he is eligible for parole, then by all means parole him. This is our justice system and if we pick and choose who and when it should apply to, it is a facade and we can all be victimized by it.

Bottom line, he is not in prison for the crime he was previously charged with and if he meets the rules by which were set forth for parole for the crime he was incarcerated for, he, like anyone else, should be released.

Users who are viewing this thread