OE headlamps

blownfox

Established Member
I called them late last week and they said they only had one side but can pull from other location. I placed an order with them this morning and added a front and rear bumper ($400 each and cheaper than aftermarket ones on LMR).

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I wonder how long before these are obsolete.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Who knows but I scored a new OEM 3rd brake light BNIB like a year ago for cheap. Been sitting there in the shelf, I have a feeling it’s going to be worth some money in the future to someone who is restoring one. A spare set of headlights might be worth some money too seeing as they take all the road debris head on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Who knows but I scored a new OEM 3rd brake light BNIB like a year ago for cheap. Been sitting there in the shelf, I have a feeling it’s going to be worth some money in the future to someone who is restoring one. A spare set of headlights might be worth some money too seeing as they take all the road debris head on.

Yeah my original headlights are in good shape, but having a spare oem set is nice.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
headlights came in today i can assure you they are the oem smoked ones intended for the 01-04 mustangs will be a great addition to my mach as the originals are very messed up.

Have you tried installing them yet? I ran into an issue in the passenger side light. The black ring that holds the bulb down and in place, it doesn’t fit. The new ones have a lip that the old ones don’t. The driver side fit like a glove.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Have not opened the boxes, but received my headlamps yesterday. Very happy with price, service and delivery.

Headlamps.JPG

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'd be interested in what AutoNation Ford would say about it. You should email them a picture.

Hopefully they say they have more in stock and will send me another one ASAP and I’m not assed out with a one eyed pirate looking headlight set up haha

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully they say they have more in stock and will send me another one ASAP and I’m not assed out with a one eyed pirate looking headlight set up haha

I don't plan on putting my set on anytime soon. Can you post up a picture of the two that shows the difference?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Open them up and make sure there not damaged!

Good idea Brady. I'll check them out this weekend.

Maybe test fit them and make sure you don’t have the same issue I ran into

Okay Roy, I'll do some comparing to see if I have any issues. These things are a snap to install, so test fitting should not take too long.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Good idea Brady. I'll check them out this weekend.

Okay Roy, I'll do some comparing to see if I have any issues. These things are a snap to install, so test fitting should not take too long.

Ya what should’ve taken 5 min to swap out turned into wtf is wrong here.

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Have you tried installing them yet? I ran into an issue in the passenger side light. The black ring that holds the bulb down and in place, it doesn’t fit. The new ones have a lip that the old ones don’t. The driver side fit like a glove.

no not yet i am not near the car for the next 3 years. so i will just have to go on faith that they are correct. Sorry the it didn't work out. would you be able to use the ring from the old light.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
no not yet i am not near the car for the next 3 years. so i will just have to go on faith that they are correct. Sorry the it didn't work out. would you be able to use the ring from the old light.

The lights don’t have new rings, you have to use your old ones. I can make it work with a little dremel work or some light sanding but I don’t really like doing that or want to do that on a brand new piece especially when it’s OEM.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Just ordered a set, hopefully they still have some. As long as the set I receive fits I'll order a 2nd set to stash away.

Users who are viewing this thread