Offered 20k on trade?? WTH??

silvercoffin

Established Member
yeah

Its your mileage...every so many miles there is a significant drop in value...

My 01 GT vert went from the 27000 I payed for it new to 19,000 in one year but with much lower mileage than yours..

1time

Established Member
just think a year ago some of you paid $5000 over sticker to be the 1st on the block :)

97whitecobra

Established Member
All that experience with dealers? I would have to be desperate to ever consider trading in a car. If I did I would expect to be lowballed by them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: Re: Offered 20k on trade?? WTH??

Originally posted by Brad
If this your first new car? What do you expect them to do, lose money off you?
We all expect to lose money driving off the lot, but $14,000. in one year is way high. It would be interesting to compare what other dealers are offering. Could be that this one dealer low balled him. I sure hope so! :rollseyes

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
No, he said this was his highest offer, and other dealers offered him less.

chiliman

Established Member
Edmunds.com says $22,400 trade in value with 30K miles and in average condition (every dealership goes by average condition irregardless of how good it looks). You lose $1500 for the mileage and $1900 for average condition. As mentioned earliier the other $2200 is probably lost due to what they are getting at auction for them in your area.

It's a low quote but it is probably due to the area you are in. In other areas where the cars move a bit better you might be able to get $2-3000 more.

Also, the private party retail price gets you about $1500 more. I'd look in the local papers, car want ad book, and other dealerships and try to figure out what people are asking.

Randy

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by nduction03
I was looking at the new Ford F150 4WD's. Nice. Anyway, my Cobra is 1 year old with 30k miles. Looks like I'll be driving it awhile longer, maybe drive my old pickup in to work a day or two a week to keep the miles off the snake.

Don Davis in Arlington gave me $27,000 on my trade in. Mine had 17,000 miles on it. Of course that was three or four months ago. A week before they came out with the rebates. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread