OFFICIAL! 2007 SVT Cobra Supercharged 4V 5.4 with 450+ HP! Pics inside!!

99GTvert

Established Member
I really want to see some pictures of the interior. It sounds like its going to be pretty sexy with all leather and aluminum. NO PLASTIC!!

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
take that dodge and chevy!!!

I don't think Chevy is that worried about it ;)

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg
[/QUOTE]

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Blk_C5_FRC said:
I don't think Chevy is that worried about it ;)

as soon as you show me where I can buy that car for < 40K I'll buy your argument :poke:

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
JB said:
as soon as you show me where I can buy that car for < 40K I'll buy your argument :poke:

:lol:

Don't get me wrong... Long before the article on this came out... I was saying I hoped it would be a 5.4 GT500 style car... Im stoked, and will have to seriously consider buying one vice waiting a couple of years to get a used z06. I honestly don't know, I'll have to wait till both cars are out. Buuuuut I seriously doubt you will be able to touch one of these for under 45k till AT LEAST 08... I've personally seen '03s sitting on lots for 3k over sticker next to an '05 GT. I suspect MSRP will be over 40k with a HEALTHY dealer markup for at least the first year...

And FWIW, for everyone talking about the z06, and how easy it will be to mod this.... One of the tuners in SoCal put a 427 in a z51 C6 with a baby cam (224/224 which is nothing for a 346, and small as hell for a 427) and it put down a little over 500 at the wheels with no tuning software.. Expect the LS7 to be up in the 600's with a cam and heads milled (and a 500 lbs weight advantage.... And 50/50 weight distrubition).

All I can say.... I wasn't around in the 60's, but GODDAM THIS :rockon: ! Hell of a time to be a car nut huh fellas?

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
AbusiveWombat said:
Here's a question for you drag racers: Will the live axle help control wheel hop?

It's not always a perfect fix but it will fix most of our current problems. So for Drag Racers it is the closest thing to a fix you can imagine.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
The only thing I'm not feeling on it are the wheels. I hope the production version has wheels that look like the regular GT500 (the ones with a lot of spokes). Also, I'm curious, is it possible the next Cobra R will be called a GT500KR?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
Yeah, they shouldn't be, for $70k of course they shouldn't. But it is awfully close performance wise between the z06 and gt500... :rolling:

Close in what way? Neither car has been tested and so far manufacturer claims estimate 0-60 4.5 1/4 in the 12s@120 with a top speed limited to 155 for the Cobra; verses 0-60 3.8 1/4in the 11's@128 with a top speed over 190mph for the Z06. :shrug:

Last edited:

CobraRLC

Established Member
Just spoke with Mark at SVT. The Production Model will be at Detroit....He appeciates our interest in the car and is looking forward to when the car goes into production.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sold my 04 STI for an 04 cobra but I will be holding off and placing a deposit on a gt500 as soon as I possibly can. That is once I find a dealer to honor the A-plan if at all possible. Either way I will pay up to 40k for one.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
big reg said:
Sold my 04 STI for an 04 cobra but I will be holding off and placing a deposit on a gt500 as soon as I possibly can. That is once I find a dealer to honor the A-plan if at all possible. Either way I will pay up to 40k for one.

ditto

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
big reg said:

I still think its gonna be really tough to get one that cheap. Most people are paying 30 for a GT. Esp if a Mach/Bullitt something else comes out, that would put it close to 35, and the Cobra easily into the 40's. Then the dealer mark up. Still bad ass though....

fordification

Established Member
weight question:

trying to guesstimate what we're looking at.

IFS vs SRA decreased weight difference?

and 04 vs 05 model increased weight difference?

will they cancel out? so we're looking at around 3500lbs again?

Poison_S

Established Member
What is the weight of the GT500 supposed to be?

I did not see it in the specifications listed in the original post.

Users who are viewing this thread