Official 2017-18 NBA thread

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
LOL @ Lebron basically doing trick shots in the 4th quarter.

Ben Simmons is going to have to develop a jumper over the off season. He's so overrated its not even funny, decent player but no where near the hype he's getting.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Ben Simmons is going to have to develop a jumper over the off season. He's so overrated its not even funny, decent player but no where near the hype he's getting.

i agree about him develpong a jumper. they are giving him 5-8 feet of cushion at times. if someone gives you that much room, you bury it in their face all day. his game right now is just focused on slashing and finishing or dishing it off. that's not the nba. he needs a shot.

and the hype is deserved. he ended the season on a tear. that's a glimpse at to what he can do... and even then, he did not have a shot. IF he develops one, simmons will be a nightmare.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
i agree about him develpong a jumper. they are giving him 5-8 feet of cushion at times. if someone gives you that much room, you bury it in their face all day. his game right now is just focused on slashing and finishing or dishing it off. that's not the nba. he needs a shot.

and the hype is deserved. he ended the season on a tear. that's a glimpse at to what he can do... and even then, he did not have a shot. IF he develops one, simmons will be a nightmare.

Absolutely he'll be a nightmare. Until then I'm a skeptic. Watched him at LSU when they played the Razorbacks and it seems he's the exact same player from 3 years ago. That bully ball Ben is use to playing won't work on Smart and Morris, they're dogs. IDK how you sit out an entire year and don't have some type of shot or a better free throw percentage. I guess I'm just surprised they're losing to the Celtics, figured they'd(PHI) win in 6, I just don't see it now.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Absolutely he'll be a nightmare. Until then I'm a skeptic. Watched him at LSU when they played the Razorbacks and it seems he's the exact same player from 3 years ago. That bully ball Ben is use to playing won't work on Smart and Morris, they're dogs. IDK how you sit out an entire year and don't have some type of shot or a better free throw percentage. I guess I'm just surprised they're losing to the Celtics, figured they'd(PHI) win in 6, I just don't see it now.

ben simmons is riding his god given talent alone to overmatch guys with less talent. the thing is, he's in the nba now. his god given talent will not be enough night-in and night-out. eventually teams with less skill, but greater grit will scheme a way to take away the talent advantage. when that happens, you are left with fundamentals and basics. simmons does not have good shooting mechanics and fundamentals. teams know this and are taking away everything else he is good at... and leaving him to shoot.

i saw the frustration and discomfort simmons played with last night. it was clear. the celtics took away his driving lanes, contested his lay-ups, and got in the way of his passing lanes. without a shot, simmons was ineffective.

simmons said that last night was "self inflicted". i whole heartedly agree. his refusal to work and improve on his jumper caused all his issues last night. with any semblance of a shot, boston's plan against him goes out the window.

Rare40th

Established Member
Gonna be a fun series between HOU and GSW. Hoping to see Harden and CP3 in the finals though. Not sure what the Cavs changed but they looked good against TOR. I wonder if it'll be the same when they play against the 76ers or Celtics?

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Gonna be a fun series between HOU and GSW. Hoping to see Harden and CP3 in the finals though. Not sure what the Cavs changed but they looked good against TOR. I wonder if it'll be the same when they play against the 76ers or Celtics?

it'll take something that has never happened in the nba before, for the sixers to be in the finals.

i DO like how they came out on monday though. they FINALLY took covington (who was putrid lately) out of the starting five, and in his place put in mcconnell who has been on a little streak. they've also been pushing the ball in the post to simmons and embiid. i've been calling for this as no one on boston's squad can match up with them in the post. sixers have to play inside out ball. doing that, they put boston in foul trouble quickly. something we haven't seen much this series.

lastly, they FINALLY stopped running out to baynes to guard him at the three point line. boston had baynes shooting threes just to draw embiid away from the basket, clearing that area for "easy" points in the paint. baynes has made 3 three point baskets ALL season. if sixers are going to lose to baynes hitting threes, so be it. but let him chuck it from three all game long if he wants to. not running out to him and leaving the paint open, lead to stevens basically benching baynes later in the game. he wasn't hitting his threes (no surprise) and sixers did not rush out to guard him at the perimeter.. he was effectively useless.

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't care what else happens this post season. Just please don't let the Cavs make the Finals again. I'm so tired of LeFlop being there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You just might get your wish, @Coiled03. Toronto was not the Celtics, who are at the top of their game. The Celtics shows yesterday that they are fearless towards the Cavs. They busted out of the gate and never looked back. I want to see the Celtics foil the Cavs from advancing, and I have a feeling with LeBron being key factor for the Cavs, it's going to mean the stronger Celtics (overall) will advance. So I predict the Celtics in 6. We'll see.

Coiled03

Established Member
Celtics vs. Cavs is basically a referendum on team vs. individual play.

Can LeBron beat the entire Celtics squad by himself? That's what he's going to have to do. I think people are also forgetting that Kyrie Irving is sitting behind the Celtics bench. He hasn't been part of the Cavs for awhile, now, but I'm sure he can provide at least a little useful information on how to defend them......not that he plays much defense himself.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Durant going to the Warriors pretty much killed the NBA. A team wins 72 games and repeats as conference champs and they get the second best player in the league? NBA is dead until the Warriors are broken up.

Coiled03

Established Member
Durant going to the Warriors pretty much killed the NBA. A team wins 72 games and repeats as conference champs and they get the second best player in the league? NBA is dead until the Warriors are broken up.

So, you want free agency to go away?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
So, you want free agency to go away?

Yes, that’s exactly what I said (sarcasm). I thought it was a pussy move when he did it and I still think it is. What Durant did rarely if ever happens. Makes the league even less interesting than it already is.

This is why playoff hockey >>>>>> nba playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
32684096_10155816272633143_8843078942224023552_n.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Yes, that’s exactly what I said (sarcasm). I thought it was a pussy move when he did it and I still think it is. What Durant did rarely if ever happens. Makes the league even less interesting than it already is.

This is why playoff hockey >>>>>> nba playoffs

That IS exactly what you asked for, in not so many words. He earned the right to go wherever he wants in free agency.

The league is plenty interesting if you care about the sport. If you don't, why are you in this thread, and why do you watch?

Harden was amazing but the Warriors just have so many options.

It's pretty clear the Warriors are the better team. But, if Houston catches fire, anything can happen.

I do have to say I thought it was hilarious how they tried to P&R Steph into a mismatch nearly every time down the floor. It was either that, or watch Harden pound it until 10 seconds left on the shot clock, then try to run some offense. You need more options than that if you're going to beat GS.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That IS exactly what you asked for, in not so many words. He earned the right to go wherever he wants in free agency.

The league is plenty interesting if you care about the sport. If you don't, why are you in this thread, and why do you watch?

It's pretty clear the Warriors are the better team. But, if Houston catches fire, anything can happen.

I do have to say I thought it was hilarious how they tried to P&R Steph into a mismatch nearly every time down the floor. It was either that, or watch Harden pound it until 10 seconds left on the shot clock, then try to run some offense. You need more options than that if you're going to beat GS.

Dude...I have forgotten more about the NBA than you will ever know. I don't post in this thread often or even follow the league much because of the nonsense of the past 6-8 years. Super teams, Stern blocking CP3 to the Lakers, tanking, and most of all, the NONCOMPETITIVE nature of the league has me (a long-time NBA fan who used to watch summer league) apathetic. Its not about what Durant has earned the right to do. Of course, he has a right to go play for the Warriors. But the league is BORING. Only one team has a shot at winning it now and in the next 3-4 years. It's stupid. NBA is a form of entertainment, and it isn't entertaining at this point. Not even close. It's not competitive.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Yeah we're going to need CP3 and the other guys (I'm looking at you Gordon) to step up and make shots. It can't all fall on Harden. Going right at Steph was a great move, but they need to be more creative than just iso plays every time down the court. Get some people cutting to the basket and get some movement going.

Users who are viewing this thread