Official HID Retrofit Group Buy #1!!!

stangin99

Established Member
Official HID Retrofit Initial Buy!!!

Well, my vendor account is activated and I am ready to start retrofitting some HID's!

I have decided to do an initial buy to get my name/products out there. This also helps you guys in that it lowers the price by a little bit, for being one of the first to order. I plan to have a group buy again at a later date, when more people are interested at the same time. Note that the price will increase after this initial buy to ~$850 for single orders

So, this first initial buy will be for approximately 10 lights. The price for this round will be $725 + shipping costs. This includes:

***If you happen to have a pair of Depo brand aftermarket headlights, you can subtract $150 off of the price. However I currently will only accept headlights that have both vertical and horizontal adjustment knobs.***

Depo Aftermarket Headlights (clear or tinted)
Infiniti FX-35 style projectors w/ clear lenses (high and low beams)
Denso(Toyota) Slim Ballasts (waterproofed)
Phillips 85122(colorshift or non-colorshift) 4300K bulbs
Plug and Play wiring harness

Pictures:
P1070041.jpg

P1070045.jpg

P1000326.gif

P1070062.gif

P1070058.gif

Denso Ballasts:
P1070047.jpg

(waterproofed)
P1070052.jpg

Wiring Harness
P1070048.jpg

Cutoff
P1070082.gif

P1070084.gif

P1070086.gif

High Beams:
P1070092.gif

P1070091.gif

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
Payment:
I'm currently only accepting paypal. Payment upfront in full will be required for this round. Please send all paypal payments to: [email protected]

Timeframe:
Please note that this is currently a side business and I am not working in a shop 9-5. Once I get someone(s), I will order all of the parts I need. Once they come in, it will take me 3-4 days per set of headlights. I decided against the group buy at this time, as some people want to order now and don't want to wait for 10 people to come around.

Ordering:
Please add your name to the list, and I will edit this post with the most up to date list. If you have yet to pay in full, it will say "Pending" next to the name. Once your payment has been received, I will add "Paid" next to your name. Once I receive ~10 sets I'll stop the list and take only single orders at a higher price.

Questions:
Feel free to ask here or PM me!

1. FAsnakes (pending)

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Very very nice, but a little out of the budget for some headlights. Most of our cars are garage queen weekend warriors that really only come out during sunny days where there is no need for headlights.

Great looking retro though!

cbr repsol

Established Member
I think they look great :rockon: But is there anyway to get the cost considerably lower? I know your doing a gb but 725 is a bit steep imo.

stangin99

Established Member
Very very nice, but a little out of the budget for some headlights. Most of our cars are garage queen weekend warriors that really only come out during sunny days where there is no need for headlights.

Great looking retro though!

I think they look great :rockon: But is there anyway to get the cost considerably lower? I know your doing a gb but 725 is a bit steep imo.

It is unfortunate that these things cost so much, but I am using the cheapest possible sources for almost every part needed.

For a reference, even at the group buy rate, the parts alone make up 80% of the final sale price.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If I had the cash to burn and wasn't working on getting everything together to finish my car, I'd be down. Hopefully you'll have a round two in a few months and I can jump on board.

oldmodman

Established Member
So it would not be possible to ship you our stock set of 03 Cobra headlights?

Were they just to difficult to get apart without damaging them?

And which style of headlight that you prefer using come closest to our stock, lightly tinted headlamps. As they were delivered from Ford.

stangin99

Established Member
So it would not be possible to ship you our stock set of 03 Cobra headlights?

Were they just to difficult to get apart without damaging them?

Currently no. They are VERY difficult to get apart, and put back together. The glue that Ford uses is difficult to work with, and does not melt under normal temperatures that most headlight sealants do.

And which style of headlight that you prefer using come closest to our stock, lightly tinted headlamps. As they were delivered from Ford.

I'm currently using Depo brand headlights. The ones in the pictures were actually purchased here:

2001-04 Mustang Factory Tinted Headlight Kit by DEPO at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

stangin99

Established Member
Kicking this back up top.

One thing to note about the price - it includes a whole new set of headlights. This lets you sell your current(possibly OEM) set to recoup some of the cost.

steve5575

Established Member
Very bada$$ just a ton of $$$

How about selling a how-to and parts list and sources? I'd give you $50 for your time for the how-to.

Last edited:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
2 questions !!!!

1 i have a set of tinted headlights so how much would it be if i shipped my lights to ya & have you installed them & how do they look if ya got a pic?

2 while you have the head lights can you change the side marker from amber to clear ?

VincodeY

Established Member
thats a great retrofit! Wish they werent soo expensive but I understand how real HID stuff is like that. Buddy of mine had to pay 1000 bucks to have his HID's in his S2K fixed.

stangin99

Established Member
Very bada$$ just a ton of $$$

How about selling a how-to and parts list and sources? I'd give you $50 for your time for the how-to.

I'm liking the idea of a DIY kit. I can sell all the parts you would need and an instructions list, and you can try it for yourself.

If you want to do that let me know and I can arrange it.

2 questions !!!!

1 i have a set of tinted headlights so how much would it be if i shipped my lights to ya & have you installed them & how do they look if ya got a pic?

2 while you have the head lights can you change the side marker from amber to clear ?

1) What do you mean by tinted lights? The headlights in the pictures are the same as the factory "tinted" headlights. The price to convert is $725 - $150 if you have the correct set(DEPO brand only).

2) Sure!

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
My exact words when I saw the price were "Jeeeeezus Kaaariiiiist!!!!!" I had no idea hid's were that pricey! Looks like a nice product you have so I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

TRBO VNM

damn, go figure, just when I had to get a new daily driver and i am having motor/head issues with my cobra, this comes out.

the price is well worth it. a few yrs ago when I was trying to find something like this, places were charging $1000+ to get it done. Those of you thinking it is expensive, man, I know we spend thousands on power upgrades and suspension upgrades, but for better night seeing for under $1000 you can't see spending the money? mustangs have always had horrible headlights and you can't see crap. even with the brights on they aren't that great.

if you drive the car at night at all, this is well worth the price. Once I get the car back together I will definitely pick up a set. they look great and appear to work just as well. :beer:

Cobrakai04

Established Member
If i drove at night I would be all over this! Frankly i think its a really good deal. Just not for me as most of my driving is day time, sunny and only in the summer.

They look great though!

BOL!

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
What if we already have an HID kit, can we order without the stuff you have?

Users who are viewing this thread