Official HID Retrofit Group Buy #1!!!

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
If you added a current F150 kit I could probably get a bunch of people from the SVT Offroad Raptor forum (including myself) to get these.

A bunch of guys have done drop in HID bulb into halogen housing "upgrades" which isn't legal and provides substandard results.

Your kit with the proper Infiniti projectors is the way to go.

Let me know.

stangin99

Established Member
What if we already have an HID kit, can we order without the stuff you have?

Unfortunately the bulbs are incompatible. There are ways to make your current ballasts and wiring work, but in the end I'm not sure I'd bother trying to customize the kit without having your parts in hand.

If you added a current F150 kit I could probably get a bunch of people from the SVT Offroad Raptor forum (including myself) to get these.

A bunch of guys have done drop in HID bulb into halogen housing "upgrades" which isn't legal and provides substandard results.

Your kit with the proper Infiniti projectors is the way to go.

Let me know.

I want to do that ASAP as well. I had been searching some F150 forums to see what progress had been made in regards to HID's. If you know a group of people that would be interested, I can pick up a set of headlights to make a prototype with.

s_x_i

Established Member
Put me down for a set...

I don't want to pay you until you have more people signed up though... I don't want you holding my $725 for 2 months until the list fills up. How do we get around this? :shrug: Maybe when you get 10 signed up, send out a round of PM's asking for payment? What do you think?

Otherwise, I'm down.

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
Put me down for a set...

I don't want to pay you until you have more people signed up though... I don't want you holding my $725 for 2 months until the list fills up. How do we get around this? :shrug: Maybe when you get 10 signed up, send out a round of PM's asking for payment? What do you think?

Otherwise, I'm down.

PM sent.

stangin99

Established Member
1. FAsnakes (pending)
2. s_x_i (pending)

I have changed this from a group buy to an "initial" buy. The cost will be the same for the first ~10 people, but instead of waiting for the entire 10, you just have to be apart of the first 10.

This helps me get a few sets out there and allows other people more time to decide or come up with the funds.

stangin99

Established Member
Here are some preliminary pictures with a black reflector. I'm not the greatest photographer so I'll try again tonight to get some better pictures, but this gives you an idea how it looks.

I painted the reflector with a "glossy" black. I also have semi-gloss and flat that I can try.

P1070101.gif

P1070102.gif

P1070103.gif

P1070107.gif

P1070105.gif

P1070106.gif

steve5575

Established Member
I did some research and let me tell you this guy isn't getting rich off this deal. For the $/hr I question why he would even offer this price?

MrSwa

Established Member
Do you have pictures of the different options? I'm considering these, but I'd like to see the clear corners, tinted, etc. I understand that you have to make them to photo them and you don't want to make them until someone orders them, but I was wondering if you had any other sets you could photo. Very nice work btw.

SVTPaul

Established Member
What model is the bulb that fits these projectors? I already have a bixenon HID kit for the factory headlights and another kit for the fogs but I saw in an earlier post that the 9007 bulbs are not compatible with the retrofit??

stangin99

Established Member
Still doing these by chance?

If actually interested, please send me a PM.

What model is the bulb that fits these projectors? I already have a bixenon HID kit for the factory headlights and another kit for the fogs but I saw in an earlier post that the 9007 bulbs are not compatible with the retrofit??

These projectors use D2S bulbs, so no, a 9007 bulb will not work. We may be able to re-use the ballasts with an adaptor, but the bulbs and wiring are not usable.

Any day-time pics with the housing installed on a car?

See this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9/727763-03-cobra-hid-projector-retrofit.html

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn those look good!

in the close up pictures is the line around the seam silicone or cut housing that needs to be painted or what?

also can these be adjusted in any way to fine tune the aiming if need be?

stangin99

Established Member
damn those look good!

in the close up pictures is the line around the seam silicone or cut housing that needs to be painted or what?

also can these be adjusted in any way to fine tune the aiming if need be?

What line? In what pics?

Yes, they offer limited up/down and left/right adjustment.

I do my best to get them aligned, but it's impossible unless I fit them on every car, so they do allow for some finer adjustments to get them perfect.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
post 27 first pic, I cant figure out if its part of the HID housing or where the stock headlight housing was cut

as far as the adjustment I had seen where some of the F150/lightning guys had done a set and they had no adjustment, once mounted in the housing that was it (yikes!)

stangin99

Established Member
post 27 first pic, I cant figure out if its part of the HID housing or where the stock headlight housing was cut

as far as the adjustment I had seen where some of the F150/lightning guys had done a set and they had no adjustment, once mounted in the housing that was it (yikes!)

Still not sure what seam you are talking about.

The lower horizontal lines are part of the lense. As are the upper vertical lines.

If you mean the line around the projector, that is just the outline of the shroud. In that pic, it is a chrome shroud in front of a painted-black reflector....so you would see the edge. In the kit that I sold, I painted everything black, and it is much more concealed.

Last edited:

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
Having built my own retrofitted housings before for my 03 Crown Vic by no means were they professional quality but the lighting output is 10x better than stock and worth every single die i put into it.
Joe's Acura TL H.I.D. Retrofit - Crownvic.net
i know what is entailed and i know this stuff isn't easy or cheap.

Now to the op I'm selling my vic and should be getting another cobra late January early February, and i would definitely be interested in a set if i could reuse my ballasts, bulbs, and wiring harness at a discounted price.
I would like flat black(that's how i painted mine). But what kind of sealant are you using around the projector? Is there anyway you could make a clear flat plastic(acrylic) shroud that sits flush with the base of the lens so that you don't see anything but the lens and a flat black plastic shroud around it?

Users who are viewing this thread