Official Terminator Diecast Thread

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I can't wait to see the CO Vert. Next stop, SB Vert.
Anyone wanting a car, Glenn is picky & does great work. Good communication as the car is being done so the buyer is happy.
I've got a shelf in the living room waiting to display the cars on. Wifey even likes the idea. Which is good, because they were going there anyway! Lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ Thank you Doug. I really appreciate the kind words. I am picky, but that's because I know the level and quality of work I would expect if I were paying someone to custom paint a car for me.

As I have said before, I'm no professional. I just enjoy building these cars. And I hope I can help others get a color of Cobra that might not be available any where else.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here is my progress on the SB Vert. Let me just say that I have never seen SB in person. After spraying it this weekend I know why it was the number one choice in the poll. SB IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! That color just pops. Gorgeous color for a Cobra!!!!!

My Cell phone could not capture the true essence of the color, so here are some pics, but trust me it is WAY better in person!!!

Here is the original car. A RF Vert
Cobra Stock Height.JPG

After I stripped it I primed it in white to give the SB a good base to pop.
SB 1.JPG
SB 2.JPG
SB 3.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here is the car in base coat SB.

SB 4.JPG
SB 5.JPG
SB 6.JPG

Okay, here is BEFORE Clear coat.....
SB 7.JPG

And here is AFTER:
NOTE: I could not get good pictures as the lighting was too dark. I'll post up more a little later when I can get some good lighting to really show how well this came out.
SB 8.JPG

coremaster21

Established Member
Great work! If you ever do a RF Coupe let me know and I will buy it. I had quite the collection of 1/18th diecast cars when I was younger but I would shove polly pockets into them and ram them against each other lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Great work! If you ever do a RF Coupe let me know and I will buy it.

Okay coremaster. I have to complete a white coupe for a member. I also had a guy ask me about painting a RF coupe for him as well, but I have not heard from him. So, if i do not hear back from him I'll get you a RF coupe next.....

And I know about the smashing up. When I was a kid I used to roll my hot-wheels down the hallway. Used to make for some interesting jumps and a pretty cool pile up LOL.

coremaster21

Established Member
Okay coremaster. I have to complete a white coupe for a member. I also had a guy ask me about painting a RF coupe for him as well, but I have not heard from him. So, if i do not hear back from him I'll get you a RF coupe next.....

And I know about the smashing up. When I was a kid I used to roll my hot-wheels down the hallway. Used to make for some interesting jumps and a pretty cool pile up LOL.
Awesome man, just let me know!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And look what I got in the mail yesterday..........

As you can see in one picture it looks blue and in the other it looks green. I am really looking forward to spraying this in a few weeks.

MC 2.JPG
MC 3.JPG
MC 4.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That Sonic Blue is looking good!

Wait until you see it in person. That SB sparkles like a diamond LOL.

I sprayed the MC today (Played hooky from work), but without the clear coat it looks black in the pictures. In person it has a bluish tint from one angle and a green from another. When it was wet it looked purple. When I looked at pictures online most of the cars looked purple. So, once it gets cleared it should look really nice.

I'm going to shoot the clear coat on Saturday. So, Hopefully I'll post up some pictures early next week.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And here it sits in base coat MC. I think the clear will bring it out nicely.

I think I'm going to use this as a "test" car and keep it for my collection, but I will use my lessons learned and make another one.

This is a little more difficult to spray as it's a translucent color and the more you spray the darker it gets. Also, directions say to spray the base coat black, but the end product comes out way too dark. So, I'm using a white base to bring out the MC a little more.

I will know more once I clear coat and see how the pigments react to the clear. I think the clear is where the transformation will take place. Just look at the before and after clear coat pics of the SB above..........

MC 9.JPG
MC 11.JPG
MC 12.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Try the silver base too.

I will. This one has a white base. I'll see how it comes out after I spray clear. On the next one I'll shoot a silver base and see how it comes out.

I really believe this one will come out awesome, once it has been cleared. You can see the blues and greens in the base coat in the pictures above. So, I think the clear will really make it pop/come alive.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, got the clear sprayed on the MC this weekend. It came out awesome!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the cell phone cannot capture the brilliance of this paint. When this thing is placed under LED lights it looks beautiful. The clear really brought out the purples and greens in this paint.

So, if you want a MC diecast let me know. I still need to try spraying the interior, but with the body looking this good I'm sure the interior will come out well.

20170626_144016 a.jpg
20170626_143955 a.jpg
20170626_144109 a.jpg
20170626_144149 a.jpg
20170626_144215 a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread