Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Goocher0310th

Established Member
My car arrived yesterday also. Thank you Glenn, it's a perfect replica of my car.

If you're on the fence have him recreate yours before he closes shop and starts his 65 build. You won't be disappointed.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My car arrived yesterday also. Thank you Glenn, it's a perfect replica of my car.

If you're on the fence have him recreate yours before he closes shop and starts his 65 build. You won't be disappointed.

Awesome Goocher! Always love to hear owners are happy with their builds! Thank you for taking the time to provide your perspective on the process! Greatly appreciated!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

I normally only work on these during the weekend, but requests have been coming in at a decent pace, so I want to ensure I stay ahead of the game.

I'm currently working on a ZY coupe and a CO vert (will start painting them this weekend). However, I received requests for a MC coupe and an OW coupe. So, I decided to get started on the MC and OW.

Took them apart while watching TV last night. Will strip them to bare metal this weekend. The black one will be OW and the red one will be MC. If you look close the paint job on the red one is chipped and damaged. I bought it like this. Guess the owner let his kid (Sid, from Toy Story LMAO) play with it or something. Anyway, the red one needed to be saved.

20200227_171242_resized.jpg

20200227_171254_resized.jpg

20200227_171317_resized.jpg

20200227_175008_resized.jpg

20200227_172917_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
This is the can that started it all for me (It's empty now. On my second can :D). My first build was a CO Vert and this was the first can of paint I bought in order to paint the car. It's been a fun ride.

20200229_143745_resized.jpg

Last edited:

patc84

Established Member
looking good.

Not to hijack, but those display cases in the background, any leads on those. Looking for something simliar.

thanks

pat

blownfox

Established Member
Thank you Glenn for building an amazing replica of my car! It has exceeded my expectations and glad to have to opportunity to have a mini-me of my car. You guys are running out of time before he starts his 65!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thank you Glenn for building an amazing replica of my car! It has exceeded my expectations and glad to have to opportunity to have a mini-me of my car. You guys are running out of time before he starts his 65!

I can’t wait to get mine I am so excited they look amazing and Glenn is such a nice guy and has a very good attention to the details

I’m excited for mine also !

You guys are all too kind. Really appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you very much!

Just to give you guys a quick story on why I treat people the way I do and why I take this hobby seriously.

Back in 2000 I had a 1998 GT. I built it to look like Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds. Found a guy online who said he could build a replica and said he could mold custom parts to match my body kit and everything. He told me the total cost of the build would be $800. I thought it was high, but since he was going to mold custom parts I thought I would give it a shot. He had a website and posted some previous work and he had some feedback listed. I talked to him on the phone, so his contact information was legit. Back then I had to actually send photographs through the mail (yes, I'm old LMAO) so he could use them as a go by.

So, I sent him the pictures and he also requested a $300 deposit so he could buy a diecast car to start with and some materials. So, I inserted a money order with the pictures and sent everything off. He "DID" start the project and tried to do it. Long story short he bit off more than he could chew and did "NOT" refund me my money when he realized he could not build the replica of my car. I tried contacting him and a couple times he said he was working on it and sent pictures of his progress (basically a car he took apart). Then after that he just stopped responding.

So, I ended up losing $300 when everything was said and done. So, for those of you who have worked with me, this experience is why I "ALWAYS" keep the customer informed of my status, provide a build sheet to ensure they are receiving everything they asked for, why I regularly post pictures of my progress in my thread and why I do "NOT" require a deposit of any kind.

I vowed when I started this hobby I would never be "that guy" and ensure I keep in contact with those requesting a build and take no money up front. When money exchanges hands and no product has been created it's a recipe for disaster IMO.

So far my bad experience has allowed me to be successful doing this hobby for you guys here on SVTP. So, thank you again everyone. You guys always reinforce the fact that I'm doing the right thing.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay,

Got the ZY and CO cars cut last night.

What I mean by "cut" is when something is painted it "ALWAYS" gets trash in the paint in one form or another (dust, clear coat chunk that spits out the gun and on to the paint, etc.). Due to gravity the majority of trash is on the hood, roof and trunk. On these diecast cars the doors tend to show orange peel due to it being flat and the air pressure pushing the clear on to the car. So, these areas need to be sanded to remove the trash and "level" out the clear. Depending on how bad it is determines at what grit you start with. Since these cars are small and I'm able to spray the clear to a point where it limits the amount of orange peel I get, I normally start with 2000 grit and then finish with 3000 grit. Then I give it a 3M 3 step polish to achieve my final results.

For example, if you look closely at this picture you will see three spots/dots on the center part of the trunk. That is the "trash" I'm talking about.

20200301_123442_resized.jpg

I do not have to cut the whole car, but only those areas that need it. So, you will see shiny spots and flat spots in these pictures. Once the cutting is completed the "entire" car needs to be polished. This process allows the finish of the car to come to a brilliant shine that looks like glass.

Only the cutting process has been completed here. Next I will begin the polishing process and post pictures and you will see the difference. However, the trash in the trunk of the ZY car has been removed and the clear is now smooth and level...….. Time to polish :D…….

20200304_210026_resized.jpg

20200304_210100_resized.jpg

20200304_210124_resized.jpg

20200304_210153_resized.jpg

Kdawgg11

Established Member
Looks amazing can’t wait thanks for the update and also appreciate the story of how you got into doing this I am sorry but also glad in a weird way cause all the quality cars you have done is amazing and if it wasn’t for your experience we may have not gotten to see this amazing art thank you

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The amount of time and attention to the smallest details is amazing, and why you're a diecast model genius.
View attachment 1626690

Really appreciate you keeping up with my thread and making positive comments Bob! However, I think genius is a bit too kind. I have been doing this for going on 3 years. Over that time people have asked me for things. Some times I have not been able to accommodate the request initially, but figured it out and then got it done. Other times I have not been able to accommodate the request and have not been able to figure it out. An example is amber turn signals on the rear taillights. I tried it once, but the size was off and the color was off. So, ambers still elude me LOL.

Thanks again Bob! Your comments and feedback are always welcome and appreciated sir!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

As you know I'm currently working on a ZY and a CO Cobra. However, I'm starting on a MC and an OW Cobra build as well. On the MC and OW cars the owners want their superchargers and valve covers painted. So, I took the time to get that done last night.

Came out looking pretty good...……….

20200305_203356_resized.jpg

20200305_203421_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread